Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Rocks from everywhere - Reply to topic

couldb5150

Post Mon May 02, 2016 10:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey fellow lunatics in the asylum....My niece and I are working on a school project...(she is 8 yo)...we are trying to obtain pebbles (rocks) from ALL OVER THE WORLD....I will happily pay for postage and give you MY address to mail to....if you can send a unique pebble/rock from YOUR part of the world!...I know this is way off topic and I should STFUAC....I just figured what better group of people to ask!.....Thanks in advance....!

~5150
Damn I miss this group of misfits!.....yet so talented!

Martrex

Post Mon May 02, 2016 11:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I can send one from San Diego since it's so far away from you
Laughing Laughing

Post Mon May 02, 2016 11:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Where i live all we have is earth and gravel. All thing was a large swamp after Pannonian Sea dried up. perfect place to use "cast the first stone" kind a reference...

ToniKerr

Post Tue May 03, 2016 8:32 am   Reply with quote         

We have wonderful rocks! In fact.. the family homestead we visit each summer is built on an obsidian mine. We've got (almost) every type of obsidian, including the needles- which apparently are very rare. Lots of jasper and sun stones too.

blue_lurker

Post Tue May 03, 2016 9:00 am   Reply with quote         

Yep I can rock it for ya mate where do I send it?

nevet

Post Fri May 06, 2016 7:26 pm   Reply with quote         

I can Ask my parents to send one from Israel. And I can send from Vancouver, although there aren't too many rocks in the city so maybe I'll wait until I go for a trip somewhere Smile
Oh I also have a friend that is visiting South Korea right now, I can ask here to bring back something.

So what size are we talking about? And does it have to be a special looking rock or just a random one?

Post Fri May 06, 2016 8:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Funny you ask, I just collected a few neat rocks from around my workplace which have some kind of tiny, shiny, black cube-shaped mineral deposits dispersed throughout them, as well as some quartz. Let me know if you want some.

Post Sat May 07, 2016 9:24 am   Reply with quote         

Funny thing, I too collect rocks from trips around our world, but I cannot send you any,..sorry.
Last trip to Israel I was stopped by customs, they asked if I had rocks and I did not lie, but they let me pass with the 3 rocks, sitting on a bookshelf now.
Some people think I'm nuts for collecting rocks, I guess they match the ones in my head. Laughing

TheShaman

Post Wed May 11, 2016 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

vicspa wrote:
Funny thing, I too collect rocks from trips around our world, but I cannot send you any,..sorry.
Last trip to Israel I was stopped by customs, they asked if I had rocks and I did not lie, but they let me pass with the 3 rocks, sitting on a bookshelf now.
Some people think I'm nuts for collecting rocks, I guess they match the ones in my head. Laughing

you're not nuts. I ask all the time for people to bring me back a rock when they go abroad.

After I saw this idea, I'm going to start collecting sand from around the world.

Post Fri May 13, 2016 1:33 pm   Reply with quote         

After I saw this idea, I'm going to start collecting sand from around the world.
[/quote]

Nice idea! now I know what to do with my sand from the Dead Sea, and from the Pyramids of Giza.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Rocks from everywhere - Reply to topic