Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 285945 users only 10 each day?! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Luxwiz

Post Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:42 pm   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:
<senzotaku> wrote:

I'm also wondering how the website generates money, I don't think all advantage memberships cover the weekly 50 dollar prize.

Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:16 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
YerPalAl wrote:
Yeah, so do I. But it's not like I have the time to play here any more. Crying or Very sad

sadly quite accurate Confused

Seriously though, besides PSC being dead and all after changing ownership, what made all of us too busy to really chop anymore? We all used to be on here all the damn time. Did everyone just get new hobbies or what?

My excuse is that I was a kid so my biggest worries were school and chores at the time, but most of you guys were all already doing the whole adults with jobs thing back then.

Post Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:24 am   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:
<senzotaku> wrote:

I'm also wondering how the website generates money, I don't think all advantage memberships cover the weekly 50 dollar prize.

Smile

Haha! Nice one! Laughing

Some entries from psc-ers could be prints for selling I guess, you took one not suitable for that purpose.

We should create our own book, with at least one chop chosen by every chopper involved.

Or a gallery with 3 of the best chops chosen by the chopper who made them. Very Happy

Oscar

Post Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:30 am   Reply with quote         

back when this site was good, I talked to proc and told him 17k cash for the site. He said it was worth 25k.

Laughing Laughing

what is it worth now?

worth1000?

supak0ma

Post Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:33 am   Reply with quote         

he sold it for 35k. on a sidenote worth1000 is no more.

Oscar

Post Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:44 am   Reply with quote         

good for him, maybe this place makes money off ads.

Post Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:27 am   Reply with quote         

IMO - $35,000 was cheap for the potential this site had/has. In its current state, it's probably not worth even $10,000.

Think about Imgur and Reddit. They weren't even around when PSC was featured on Howard Stern, they are hugely popular sites now and some viral memes that came from pictures have paid back the person who posted them many times. If PSC had been in the right place at the right time and supplied a place/way for some of our chops to go viral, how much would PSC be worth today?

Such a waste!
</end rant>

Post Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:53 pm   Reply with quote         

<senzotaku> wrote:

We should create our own book, with at least one chop chosen by every chopper involved.

Good idea Cool

L-dawg

Post Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:22 pm   Reply with quote         

My last contest entry was in 2008. My son, who is now 14, just joined this site. He's "mlg noscoper noob".

First thing I noticed was that an average of 10 entries are posted for a given contest nowadays. I was surprised. Made me wonder what happened after '08.

I'll be on here supporting my son's work. I haven't touched PS in years, plus I'm busy working on my new aromatherapy business.

I miss the contests and seeing all the amazing talent over the years. Who knows? Maybe PSC will make a comeback.

<senzotaku>

Post Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:14 am   Reply with quote         

BSmatic wrote:
<senzotaku> wrote:

Good idea Cool

Thanks! Maybe a combination, every chopper (involved) selects three of his best chops with a small description about how it's made, by choppers, for choppers, sponsored by PSC... Cool

<senzotaku>

Post Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:16 am   Reply with quote         

L-dawg wrote:
My last contest entry was in 2008. My son, who is now 14, just joined this site. He's "mlg noscoper noob".

First thing I noticed was that an average of 10 entries are posted for a given contest nowadays. I was surprised. Made me wonder what happened after '08.

I'll be on here supporting my son's work. I haven't touched PS in years, plus I'm busy working on my new aromatherapy business.

I miss the contests and seeing all the amazing talent over the years. Who knows? Maybe PSC will make a comeback.

Nice, multiple generations on PSC... Very Happy

Papchap

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh my god this site has so much potential!! Why is still nothing happening!? There are soo many people here who would help out! Is it because of the owner or what? They don't respond to messages? I would help make a book! Let's give PSC life again! I can't beleive nothing became of this thread, it's four years old already.

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I wish I had an answer. I love this site, it taught me Photoshop and I am still friends with some choppers that were legends back in the day. I wish I knew how to rejuvenate the magic that was once here.

Papchap

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:47 am   Reply with quote         

Well let's figure something out?! There are a lot of small steps we could take to restart it again. For example doing more community stuff. Like writing a book! We don't need the owner of the site to do that for us!

Post Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:08 am   Reply with quote         

PapChap I think it would be difficult to make a book when so many entries are done from copirighted images!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 285945 users only 10 each day?! - Reply to topic