Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Head to Head Contests - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

do you think its ok for a stranger to comment mistakes you made when you were just having fun creating something in photoshop?

yes

94%

94%

[ 18 ]

no

0%

0%

[ 0 ]

who the hell do they think they are

0%

0%

[ 0 ]

mind your own business

5%

5%

[ 1 ]

Total Votes: 19

Post Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

i am new to the site and have only posted a couple entries. i am also pretty new to photoshop. but a user has found the need to tell me what is wrong with one of my entries in the comments.

not sure why a stranger would find the need to pick apart another stranger's creation. but he did. he is an advantage member, and i am sure with years more experience in photoshop than i have.

but i have seen his entries, and i truly think my self taught photoshop skills can easily create something better than his.

so my question is...

Is there a way to have a head to head contest with another member??

vicspa

Post Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Have you ever considered that someone might point out mistakes that are meant to help you so that you can do better on the next chop? ...Just saying.

One H2H may not prove anything, just a temporary ego booster for the winner, ...but I'm for it. Very Happy

vicspa

Post Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:32 pm   Reply with quote         

If you search the site, you will see that they used to have a H2H every year, and involved anyone that wanted to be in it.

vicspa

Post Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:36 pm   Reply with quote         

I've read the comments and if you don't mind some friendly advice, chill out a little bit, don't take this too seriously, learn from everybody, you'll be a better chopper in the long run.
Gotta grow a thicker skin, you'll have more fun.

Werdnaibor

Post Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Critiques are essential. It's the only way to improve. You'll spend so much time staring at your image while working on it that you'll be prone to missing mistakes. Your eyes can play tricks and start correcting errors for you. I have tons of entries that feature multiple updates thanks to fellow members making helpful suggestions. I'd highly recommend being much less of a baby after reading how you responded to the criticism. Especially when you draw the extra attention by suggesting your own entry should be the winner when it honestly has no business at the top. You probably would have been in tears when Cringer8 was offering his critiques on the entries he wasn't voting for when people complained about not getting votes.

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:05 am   Reply with quote         

You can arrange head to head right here at the forum.
if other member agrees i guess.
People can vote in the pull just as in this topic.
Has been done before, can be fun.
Don't see critiques as personal attack, it is a great objective opinion and chance to improve your skills. No one is here to get rich...except Viscpa maybe Razz

vicspa

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:00 am   Reply with quote         

No one is here to get rich...except Viscpa maybe Razz[/quote]

I did get a nice Sony camera from winnings a while back, but lately they are not paying, they still owe me $150, so ...Buzz, ...where's my F-----g money?????????

Thanks for letting me vent BSmatic.

Luxwiz

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 am   Reply with quote         

stalter:
this should def be a winner!!
Luxwiz:
idea is kinda funny but aside from that why should this def. be a winner...execution wise there are better entries
Luxwiz:
shadow on Wile E. is wrong,light on cactus coming from left

Stalter is this what's got you all perturbed ? First of all your original comment is a bit controversial.It is up to other people to judge your work not you,that's why you can't vote for your on chop.The wording also seems quite arrogant.My first comment was a response to it and my own personal opinion,which I am entitled to.My second comment was an objective critique of an observation I made on your entry,also to question your first comment.I have in no way dealt you any disrespect with my comments so don't take them as something of a personal attack on your person.Lastly if you are here to learn photoshop skills (your ideas aside) then positive criticism from other members is one of the best ways to learn to improve.In my 13 years as a member here and close to 950 entries I have learnt a lot in exactly that manner,by other members pointing out flaws in my work and suggesting ways of improving it.... so chill out have fun choppin while learning PS Smile

TheShaman

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

what the others have said.

If you don't want critiques... say that in your notes.
Otherwise everyone here is going to tell you what they see right/wrong.

Its part of the learning process.

Everyone starts out this way. You'll either learn from your mistakes, or you'll keep repeating them.

Good luck in the future. Just keep swimming, Nemo. Nemo

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:02 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
what the others have said.

If you don't want critiques... say that in your notes.
Otherwise everyone here is going to tell you what they see right/wrong.

Its part of the learning process.

Everyone starts out this way. You'll either learn from your mistakes, or you'll keep repeating them.

Good luck in the future. Just keep swimming, Nemo. Nemo

TheShaman helps me so many times. And many others did. Especially about the shadows hahaha
Thanks my friends for the best learning proces ever!

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I think sometimes people point out obvious flaws without thinking the creator has chosen artistic license over realism. And yes you get people pointing out things what they sometimes miss on their own chops. Overall though multiple eyes are better than one and you can learn things and it does learn you what the voters are looking for.

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:42 pm   Reply with quote         

vicspa wrote:

Thanks for letting me vent BSmatic.

Yep, I am saving my ultimate skills for worthy antagonist! Truth: I am currently active as dead horse...and don't even have a pay pal account Laughing tried myself in few "money worth" contests while my charity advantage status last and have been beaten to dust in it...ouch...

Post Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Muggins wrote:
I think sometimes people point out obvious flaws without thinking the creator has chosen artistic license over realism. And yes you get people pointing out things what they sometimes miss on their own chops. Overall though multiple eyes are better than one and you can learn things and it does learn you what the voters are looking for.

I would say you are very sensitive person...then again, I am just horrible in evaluating people....I would say it is pendulum movement between justifying your own mistakes in shape of creativity, honest personal opinion, or misplacing someone honest opinion as personal attack in order to devaluate your creativity.

Post Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:57 am   Reply with quote         

To suggest that artistic license is an excuse for flaws can't be correct for 100% of the time. Sometimes aesthetics rightly override what is considered technically correct. If I started the thread I would agree with you though.

Also you must be a sensitive person for reacting so badly to what I have said.

Post Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:33 pm   Reply with quote         

No, I was just drunk Razz
Muggins wrote:
Sometimes aesthetics rightly override what is considered technically correct.

true dat

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Head to Head Contests - Reply to topic