Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 2 votes for 1 entry in addition to single vote enteies - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Choose one entry to give 2 votes in addition to 25 typical single votes.

Agree

33%

33%

[ 5 ]

Disagree

66%

66%

[ 10 ]

Total Votes: 15

kinetic_be

Location: Belgium

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:19 am   Reply with quote         


Voting with scale 1 - 10 has been the regular way of voting on other or previous contest-websites and results in a much more effective and 'honest' result if and only IF the 'weight' of the voter is taken into account.
Let's say a top-chopper with an impressive score / high amount of participation, has more influence by giving let's say 7/10 than a newer member with lower values will.

Ofcourse, in every voting-system, it takes some discipline and impartial attitude to accomplish this, especially because friends tend to vote for eachother due the fact most contest are not anonymous.

I think this discussion has been around on this website for more than 10 years now. Every now and then it pops up here and nothing much changes or will change IMO.
Heck, I even started a couple of these topics myself, long time ago Laughing

/care




candron

Location: Belgium

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:56 am   Reply with quote         


kinetic_be wrote:
Voting with scale 1 - 10 has been the regular way of voting on other or previous contest-websites and results in a much more effective and 'honest' result if and only IF the 'weight' of the voter is taken into account.
Let's say a top-chopper with an impressive score / high amount of participation, has more influence by giving let's say 7/10 than a newer member with lower values will.

Ofcourse, in every voting-system, it takes some discipline and impartial attitude to accomplish this, especially because friends tend to vote for eachother due the fact most contest are not anonymous.

I think this discussion has been around on this website for more than 10 years now. Every now and then it pops up here and nothing much changes or will change IMO.
Heck, I even started a couple of these topics myself, long time ago Laughing

/care


(Let's say a top-chopper with an impressive score / high amount of participation, has more influence by giving let's say 7/10 than a newer member with lower values will. )

with todays voting for getting a ranking, it is not possible, I think
Why not make it 1 till 5 points.
one point you can give for effort or welcome vote new member ( with not great work )
5 points is excelent work
Ofcourse the whole existing system in votes archive will be a mess, but most off the top choppers are gone, so this will be no problem.




Luxwiz

Location: Almuñecar.

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         


candron wrote:
Also with the low entries and votes it would take years to become a high psc score
Not true if you are good you will have a high PSC score after relatively few chops.ie. BigGame3113 has been here since June 2017 has done 40 chops and a PSC score of 71.24.Muggins joined May 2017 has done only 20 chops and has a PSC score of 89.54,I could go on but I think you get the idea




vicspa

Location: Bethlehem,PA

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:39 pm   Reply with quote         


Luis, ...do people really give a crap about what their scores are??????????




Luxwiz

Location: Almuñecar.

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:03 pm   Reply with quote         


vicspa wrote:
Luis, ...do people really give a crap about what their scores are??????????

I was just makng a point to candron about the weighted voting system

I chop cause my therapist said it was healthier than doing hard drugs ...thing is I haven't seen him choppin much at all Laughing




vicspa

Location: Bethlehem,PA

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 pm   Reply with quote         


Luxwiz wrote:
vicspa wrote:
Luis, ...do people really give a crap about what their scores are??????????

I was just makng a point to candron about the weighted voting system

I chop cause my therapist said it was healthier than doing hard drugs ...thing is I haven't seen him choppin much at all Laughing


Is that PSM Jr. he's too busy shacking up with you know who. Laughing Laughing Laughing




Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:22 pm   Reply with quote         


vicspa wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
vicspa wrote:
Luis, ...do people really give a crap about what their scores are??????????

I was just makng a point to candron about the weighted voting system

I chop cause my therapist said it was healthier than doing hard drugs ...thing is I haven't seen him choppin much at all Laughing


Is that PSM Jr. he's too busy shacking up with you know who. Laughing Laughing Laughing


Can you imagine the offspring? I just got the shivers... I only pray it wouldn't chop Laughing

Voting is fair enough... Only problem is that people spend more energy to bitch about it than make actual chop and vote. If we are searching for perfect system where few people can play equally I think it already exist as poker, pool or drinking session...




BigGame3113

Location: Ohio, USA

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:15 pm   Reply with quote         


I like both ideas, though I think Luis' proposal would definitely be a more thorough way of keeping the votes completely fair. ItsCHOWDAH's idea might be better implicated if there were more people on the site, or if the second vote became available only in the last day of the contest. Just my 2 cents.




Lynnette0807

Location: Connecticut, USA

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:24 am   Reply with quote         


Luxwiz wrote:
vicspa wrote:
Luis, ...do people really give a crap about what their scores are??????????

I was just makng a point to candron about the weighted voting system

I chop cause my therapist said it was healthier than doing hard drugs ...thing is I haven't seen him choppin much at all Laughing


My therapist says the same thing...hahaha Luis you're funny! "I saw the horse move I think it's still alive!!"

This is probably the 3 time I have read chats about this voting system. There is that other one PhotoshopNation or is that a swear word here?.. Laughing Laughing




_________________
My art allows me to deal with my inner demons!
Luxwiz

Location: Almuñecar.

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:12 am   Reply with quote         


Lynnette0807 wrote:
There is that other one PhotoshopNation
some PSC renegades...hey it's a free world,or at least it should be,the more the merrier,their voting system is fairer though I must admit...




Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:03 am   Reply with quote         


I guess I see your point about weighted votes, Lux. I thought you meant over all wins. But... I DO believe your idea would only discourage participation. I think what im trying to say here is that my idea is much better than yours. And also that you fail. And smell bad. Therefore, I declare myself the hands down winner of this debate.




Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:36 am   Reply with quote         


itsCHOWDAH wrote:
I guess I see your point about weighted votes, Lux. I thought you meant over all wins. But... I DO believe your idea would only discourage participation. I think what im trying to say here is that my idea is much better than yours. And also that you fail. And smell bad. Therefore, I declare myself the hands down winner of this debate.


I think the person with the highest score should start each contest with 30... no wait... 50 extra votes to give to themself. you know... in case they need them. And... should any other member with a lower score actually win a prize contest... the person with the highest score should get AT LEAST 75% of the prize money as the high score member probably should have won the contest because new members clearly dont know what good art looks like.. Jack ass noobs wouldnt know how to proerly spend the prize money anyway. Probably just buy a bunch of stupid mall junk.




Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:38 am   Reply with quote         


Lynnette0807 wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
vicspa wrote:
Luis, ...do people really give a crap about what their scores are??????????

I was just makng a point to candron about the weighted voting system

I chop cause my therapist said it was healthier than doing hard drugs ...thing is I haven't seen him choppin much at all Laughing


My therapist says the same thing...hahaha Luis you're funny! "I saw the horse move I think it's still alive!!"

This is probably the 3 time I have read chats about this voting system. There is that other one PhotoshopNation or is that a swear word here?.. Laughing Laughing



I think the person with the highest score should start each contest with 30... no wait... 50 extra votes to give to themself. you know... in case they need them. And... should any other member with a lower score actually win a prize contest... the person with the highest score should get AT LEAST 75% of the prize money as the high score member probably should have won the contest because new members clearly dont know what good art looks like.. Jack ass noobs wouldnt know how to proerly spend the prize money anyway. Probably just buy a bunch of stupid mall junk. Ha ha... Right, Lux?




candron

Location: Belgium

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:05 am   Reply with quote         


itsCHOWDAH wrote:
itsCHOWDAH wrote:
I guess I see your point about weighted votes, Lux. I thought you meant over all wins. But... I DO believe your idea would only discourage participation. I think what im trying to say here is that my idea is much better than yours. And also that you fail. And smell bad. Therefore, I declare myself the hands down winner of this debate.


I think the person with the highest score should start each contest with 30... no wait... 50 extra votes to give to themself. you know... in case they need them. And... should any other member with a lower score actually win a prize contest... the person with the highest score should get AT LEAST 75% of the prize money as the high score member probably should have won the contest because new members clearly dont know what good art looks like.. Jack ass noobs wouldnt know how to proerly spend the prize money anyway. Probably just buy a bunch of stupid mall junk.


There are pills for this Smile Laughing Laughing




Luxwiz

Location: Almuñecar.

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:10 am   Reply with quote         


itsCHOWDAH wrote:
itsCHOWDAH wrote:
I guess I see your point about weighted votes, Lux. I thought you meant over all wins. But... I DO believe your idea would only discourage participation. I think what im trying to say here is that my idea is much better than yours. And also that you fail. And smell bad. Therefore, I declare myself the hands down winner of this debate.


I think the person with the highest score should start each contest with 30... no wait... 50 extra votes to give to themself. you know... in case they need them. And... should any other member with a lower score actually win a prize contest... the person with the highest score should get AT LEAST 75% of the prize money as the high score member probably should have won the contest because new members clearly dont know what good art looks like.. Jack ass noobs wouldnt know how to proerly spend the prize money anyway. Probably just buy a bunch of stupid mall junk.


Oh oh you're incoherently talking to yourself again.Just letting you know in case you weren't aware of it... did somebody spike your hot toddy today Laughing




Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - 2 votes for 1 entry in addition to single vote enteies - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.