Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Your Creative Process - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

anfa

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I use the force.

BigGame3113

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:42 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
I use the force.

He lives! You must not use the force any more though... I never see you in the contests. Razz Get to chopping again and raise the bar for everyone here.

Luxwiz

Post Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:26 am   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
I use the force.

Master Jedi anfa it has been so long since you were last seen in action,battling the Source Droids in the PSC Clone Stamp Tool Wars...have you by chance been seduced by the dark side and become the Sith Lord DARTH ANFA Shocked

YerPalAl

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
anfa wrote:
I use the force.

Master Jedi anfa it has been so long since you were last seen in action,battling the Source Droids in the PSC Clone Stamp Tool Wars...have you by chance been seduced by the dark side and become the Sith Lord DARTH ANFA Shocked

Laughing Laughing

anfa

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 am   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
anfa wrote:
I use the force.

Darth Anfa. I like the sound of that. Laughing

nevet

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Interesting to see people's answers Very Happy

Here is mine: usually I look for sources that have interesting shapes in them. I almost always disregard the subject of the source and try to deconstruct what I see. Most of the times I find shapes that inspire some character. At this point I go to google or Pinterest or Deviantart or Flickr to search for photos for further inspiration or to use for the idea I have, as reference or externals. Then I sketch something on paper to get a more complete idea. A lot of times this gets me somewhat far from the original source... Then I go back to photoshop, take the source apart and build over my sketch. Somewhere along the way I try to find a story for the character, think what it is doing or where it is. Once I have the character I work on the environment. Then I try to blend the character in the background as much as possible by adding shadows and color corrections. At the end I usually crop the image so the composition sits well with all the elements.

Smile

jerryhami

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:31 pm   Reply with quote         

1. Take a dab, or Smoke a bowl
a. Steadies hands
b. Inspiration / Creativity
2. I see it as soon as I open the Source. "rarE" " very RAre"
so this is the normal
3. Place Source into PS, spin it all around, zoom in on a portion and see what you would do with just that hunk. change filters and see if that helps.
4. Search for related images
5. I use to use the news and maybe pull something from there, but Facebook , jacked that up. "i dont want to see that here"
6. Smoke again and get at it.

jerryhami

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Single ,Most advise.... Change your History states i think that is tahw it is called "alt/ctrl/x to like 200.

BigGame3113

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:41 pm   Reply with quote         

jerryhami wrote:
Single ,Most advise.... Change your History states i think that is tahw it is called "alt/ctrl/x to like 200.

Only if you need it... Smile As your work progresses, that will take up more RAM than necessary as your history grows larger.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:12 pm   Reply with quote         

You have to go to your happy space... (but sometimes Darth is there)

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

Very Happy

Eepi

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:40 pm   Reply with quote         

anfa wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
anfa wrote:
I use the force.

Yes, the dark side of the force

GIMP is the tool today

Luxwiz

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Eepi wrote:
anfa wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:
anfa wrote:
I use the force.

Yes, the dark side of the force

GIMP is the tool today

thumright Cool he's more like the dumb side of the FARCE Laughing

Designed2522

Post Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:27 pm   Reply with quote         

I do the same as most have stated. However when I pull a source from the website and import into photoshop, I usually have an idea of how I want it to come out but in almost every piece that I have ever worked on... I start working on my original idea and as I go along it morphs into something completely different. I love just going with the flow as I am working on a piece... and I will say green helps the creative process!!!

I love using the pen tool to not only cut objects out but also to create pieces that I will need for the finished entry.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:51 am   Reply with quote         

Well, I just kind of avoid it all together, i was ok at coming up with idea at one time, then i just lost it..
which is bad considering the gear i have..

my other macbook pro15 is mainly for music, but it also has photoshop.. i have 2 wacom pro large graphic tablets, one i bought in the usa, and one bought in aus.. they both ended up in aus with me.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Your Creative Process - Reply to topic