Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Pretty interesting - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Daenerys

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:03 pm   Reply with quote         

It is well known that one of the website's biggest problems still is the voting system. To make it even worse, add this fact to some people's lack of common sense, read -> lack of a "fair game" with other good entries, no matter the kind of the contest is.

It really wasn't that bad in the old days, my old days at least. We were happy and didn't know? Rolling Eyes

Some of you know that I came from other contests sites like the buried Worth1000, where I don't even remember what the voting system was like, since I was not so active there. My memory is going to trash... Crying or Very sad

I also come from this place here: http://www.pxleyes.com/allcontests/photoshop/1/ where I think still have a better voting system. Options for you to vote from 10% to 100% (even more), mandatory to show externals images (thus preventing members from cheating, by using art made by other artists, or images from websites with restricted copyright).There's another PSC member there. Wink

Unfortunately, whatever the person/company who runs pscdotcom, it seems that they are not interested in improvements/changes..., so all the conversation about this subject that we had since the site was born (I guess 20 years ago?), didn't take us nowhere and will not change anymore. What must be improved now, it's the common sense that each of us can show. Without each other, we have no votes to competing in a healthy way. Very Happy

Papchap

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Aaaaa this frustrates me so much! That just because the person running the place doesn't care about it the whole community just has to accept their carelessness. I guess that's the risk of all online communities. I was in national geographic's awesome online photographers community for a few months but then when Disney bought national geographic they shut it down and moved it all to instagram. As a result tons of estranged photographers left. Instagram is nothing like what the original community once was. Only square photos and all open to the outside world. Not everyone left and Disney knew it and now they are "the most followed brand on instagram". I hate Disney for that.

And at PSC it's the same. Even though in the about section they literally say

Quote:
The essence of PSC has been the application of modern web technologies to models and functions proposed by the site members. Even though the ownership has changed, PSC will continue to be driven by the ideas and suggestions of its users. At the same time, we will make every effort to take PSC to a higher plane and will explore ways to make things even better for the community.

It's all rubbish. Its just stupid, it makes me so mad.

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Papchap wrote:
Aaaaa this frustrates me so much! That just because the person running the place doesn't care about it the whole community just has to accept their carelessness. I guess that's the risk of all online communities. I was in national geographic's awesome online photographers community for a few months but then when Disney bought national geographic they shut it down and moved it all to instagram. As a result tons of estranged photographers left. Instagram is nothing like what the original community once was. Only square photos and all open to the outside world. Not everyone left and Disney knew it and now they are "the most followed brand on instagram". I hate Disney for that.

Quote:
The essence of PSC has been the application of modern web technologies to models and functions proposed by the site members. Even though the ownership has changed, PSC will continue to be driven by the ideas and suggestions of its users. At the same time, we will make every effort to take PSC to a higher plane and will explore ways to make things even better for the community.

How can I say, we don't accept it but we have to accept it precisely because nothing is done, nothing changes, and continuing to "hit this key" keeps us in circles.

Sad but true, it is a shame to know that, as a website, we will not change, we will not improve. We can only keep improving our dignity as humans and try to make this place a fair place in contests.

Luxwiz

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Papchap wrote:

Quote:

hey paps,speaking of rubbish you want something to get really mad about,we're going to need an army of Wall-Es pretty soon ...see to the end: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ9I3d0JX5c&t=564s Shocked

Zizounai

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:23 am   Reply with quote         

Daenerys, what was your pseudo in Pxleyes? unfortunately the site closed last August. It just reopened exceptionally in April and in May because of the lockdown. Yes this site was great. The votes were fairer and anonymous, you were able to post large chops (up to 5 Mo), vertical or horizontal formats... I loved the quality of the source images they proposed, and also the theme contests.
Ooooh I found you on Pxleyes Daniela Smile your Pxl age is 5 years and 1851 days Laughing

Papchap

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:25 am   Reply with quote         

That's a lot of days Very Happy

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:21 am   Reply with quote         

Days and confused according to Led Zep. lol

ShootHerman

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Zizounai wrote:
Thanks Tawiskaro, Gort and Al for all your info. This is very interesting and you brought an answer to many questions.

But did we get an answer on the question that started this tread? 😉
Actually, after some short research there was no question in the start of this tread, just some bullshit about voting, that there are no answer to, obviously.😂😳🤣

Just do me a favour folks. Keep on chopping (...and voting😉) and this place will live for looong. There are lots of nice chops in todays contest.

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Zizounai wrote:
Daenerys, what was your pseudo in Pxleyes? unfortunately the site closed last August. It just reopened exceptionally in April and in May because of the lockdown. Yes this site was great. The votes were fairer and anonymous, you were able to post large chops (up to 5 Mo), vertical or horizontal formats... I loved the quality of the source images they proposed, and also the theme contests.
Ooooh I found you on Pxleyes Daniela Smile your Pxl age is 5 years and 1851 days Laughing

Yes, I used my real name there, Daniela Owergoor.
OMG... hahaha... the info...ohh shit! Old lady your ass!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

"Daniela Owergoor is a 41 year old lady from Brazil. Her Pxl age is 5 years and 1851 days. DanielaOwergoor is online now!"

I remember when I tried to do the same here, but the confirmation went to my spam box and I thought that I wasn't registered, then I registered again but with a pseudo Daenerys.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that PXLeyes was closed (again!), as I saw 2020 contest I thought they were still running contes. Very sad...
Is PSC the only contest site still running?? Anyone know another place? I'm not into this anymore, it's just a curiosity.

ShootHerman

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:37 pm   Reply with quote         

WOW! Please do me a favour every PSC-member. Google the name: Daniela Owergoor
Click on the tag: images and see what Daniela have made! WOW. Respect! 👍🏻😁

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:52 pm   Reply with quote         

ShootHerman wrote:

Geir... no, please! Yes, I know, I've made a lot of shit along the years, I look to most of my old jobs and f*ck... I can't control some places that took my old material to post on their sites, but at least I can control my Deviantart, Twitter and IG, and keep updating with fresh content because my old jobs... Mad Anyway, I must to be honest to say they were part of my learning, but I'm not proud of most of them.
Well, thank you for you kindness.

Luxwiz

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Daenerys wrote:
ShootHerman wrote:

Geir... no, please! Yes, I know, I've made a lot of shit along the years, I look to most of my old jobs and f*ck... I can't control some places that took my old material to post on their sites, but at least I can control my Deviantart, Twitter and IG, and keep updating with fresh content because my old jobs... Mad Anyway, I must to be honest to say they were part of my learning, but I'm not proud of most of them.

Dani,humility shall be your epitaph,you are one hell of a creative artist,photoshop aside.Much respect for your awesome work thumleft

Daenerys

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:31 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
Daenerys wrote:
ShootHerman wrote:

Dani,humility shall be your epitaph,you are one hell of a creative artist,photoshop aside.Much respect for your awesome work thumleft

Luis, thank so much for the encouragement!
What you see in my galleries as IG,DA... is "love", I really do love to create, to study and to try to be better today than I was yesterday. It's hard, not always I can, but it's good, it worth to try and to fail. Not always I'm happy with a final result, not always my hands and my skills gives me what I have in mind, but I just keep doing it, almost everyday. It must be love, right?
So, THANK YOU, each one of you for the kindness!

(Gear, I think we messed up with the main subject of the topic!! Wink Laughing Sorry!!)

YerPalAl

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:43 pm   Reply with quote         

For what it's worth I've been a fan of hers since I googled he when she was first here.

A toast to this lady of immense and powerful talent. thumleft

Daenerys

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

YerPalAl wrote:
For what it's worth I've been a fan of hers since I googled he when she was first here.

A toast to this lady of immense and powerful talent. thumleft

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Pretty interesting - Reply to topic