I just posted the message to Rajan as follows:
Thanks for your reply.
We asked the other members, and even if we didnít agree on everything to ask you, here is what we retained:
To get more members, the look and the security of the website would be important.
Make the site prettier/adapt to be a bit more modern
- increase image resolutions to look nicer adapting faster loading speeds: PSC logo, all thumbnails and avatar size limits (! this is important I think)
- remove the slogan underneath "PhotoshopContest.com" and make "PhotoshopContest.com" bigger.
- add more colors or theme options such as "Dark Mode"
Give the site better security, so that it shows "Secure" in the search bar
This would just be good for new members because it makes it easier to trust that the website is not bad for them. Right now, it shows "Not Secure"
Make site navigation easier
- remove some menu options that aren't used anymore: Prizes, News, Tutorials (nobody has made a PSC tutorial in years, and everybody uses YouTube)
Advertise for PSC again
A lot of new members are missing, and advertising would help attract new people
We would like "PSC to feel like itís full of people who are learning and helping and having fun"
Other ideas about the contests
- allow vertical (portrait size) pics for the entries
- allow to give longer titles to the entries
- allow longer messages for comments on the entries, and get a notification when you have a reply on a post which is not yours
- propose theme contests as well.
- Gif and JPG chops should be in separate contests.
About the prizes, we had different suggestions from the members, all of which seem rather interesting:
It would be nice if PSC offered $10 per win/day, instead of $50 for a single day.
Same costs for the site.
Free entry on weekends, for the fun.
At least there would be more participation per day, more new friendly contacts.
Divide prize contest $50 prize:
- 1st gets $25,
- second gets $15,
- third gets $10. This way more people will share the cash.
A majority of us think that more anonymity would be better, to avoid friendly votes and resentment.
We also had some ideas about the vote system on which we donít all agree, so maybe weíll see to that later.
I think these proposals could be a good start to make the website more agreeable for the users and also more attractive to get new members.
Thanks again for helping, donít hesitate to ask us if you need more specifics.
Thanks also for keeping us informed of ExpertRating's reaction.
Kind wishes to you and your team.
ZizounaÔ & Papchap
Fingers crossed now!!!