Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - More Broken Components - Reply to topic

Tawiskaro

Post Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:11 pm   Reply with quote         

1 -

Tournament Entries in every user's portfolio I have looked at correctly displays thumbnails, but clciking on any of the thumbnails produces this error:

Photoshop Contest Head to Head Tournament 2007

Error
This contest does not exist or is not yet open.

2 -

Monthly Leader Stats and Standings page lists months back to October 2020, but no data is displayed.

3 -

Updating entries in closed contests doesn't work. I tested on multiple entries. It was working after the software upgrade, but no longer. In earlier testing I replaced a "PLEASE DELETE" image with my original entry. I now want to restore the "PLEASE DELETE", but it will no longer update. The image referenced here is:

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/123472/good-evening-madam.html

I pulled it due to a copyright violation. I'd like to pull it again.

4 -

I noticed this character substitution recently:

�

the character above appears in text where an em dash was inserted. I have seen it in entries and in the forums, but I have so far been unable to reproduce it.

Post Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:24 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
1 -

Tournament Entries in every user's portfolio I have looked at correctly displays thumbnails, but clciking on any of the thumbnails produces this error:

Photoshop Contest Head to Head Tournament 2007

Error
This contest does not exist or is not yet open.

2 -

Monthly Leader Stats and Standings page lists months back to October 2020, but no data is displayed.

3 -

Updating entries in closed contests doesn't work. I tested on multiple entries. It was working after the software upgrade, but no longer. In earlier testing I replaced a "PLEASE DELETE" image with my original entry. I now want to restore the "PLEASE DELETE", but it will no longer update. The image referenced here is:

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/123472/good-evening-madam.html

I pulled it due to a copyright violation. I'd like to pull it again.

4 -

I noticed this character substitution recently:

�

the character above appears in text where an em dash was inserted. I have seen it in entries and in the forums, but I have so far been unable to reproduce it.

All resolved, " Updating entries in closed contests " After updating image, do press to Ctrl + f5 or Ctrl + Refresh to clear cache, This is my test attempt http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/220558/display.html?nocache=1

ledirlo

Post Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:06 am   Reply with quote         

this guy is a killer at coding

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:33 am   Reply with quote         

Many pages don't load fully. Contest pages don't show the source thumbnail until I hit refresh a few times. Some contest pages show the icon for missing image in place of the thumbnails for previous/next entry until I hit refresh a few times.

I got an error page multiple times today - after login, when clicking on the link to see a current contest in progress, when trying to open future contest pages, when sending a message, etc. The icon in the address bar has a broken lock and message "Not Secure" regardless of the https: address

Quote:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to photoshopcontest.com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Rajan, number 3 is still not working--can't update entries in closed contests.

Here is another:

5 -

The Log Out link at upper right of the home page produces this error:

General Error
Invalid_session

The Log In/Out link at lower left produces the same error.

The same links work correctly from my portfolio and in the forums.

Post Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:56 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:

Here is another:

5 -

General Error
Invalid_session

Used the "edit this image" link available on my post and uploaded the new image and Pressed Ctrl + F5 to refresh. It is working fine.

The Log In/Logout link is working fine for me in all cases. I tried it on different websites including my portfolio and in the forums.

SplatShot

Post Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:

Here is another:

5 -

General Error
Invalid_session

I tested #3 on one of my closed images and it seems to work fine. (twice)
I also tested the lower log in/out bottom of page. Works for me. (multiple times)

Tawiskaro

Post Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

SplatShot wrote:

I also tested the lower log in/out bottom of page. Works for me. (multiple times)

I just tested #3 again using two different browsers. I CAN update an image from a contest that closed several days ago, but I CAN'T update http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/123472/good-evening-madam.html. Is it possible the target file has been written as Read-Only?

#4 may have been a transient problem. I see it in the description of my current entry, "Niagara Gorge". It appears the black diamond with the question mark replaced an accented e. I cannot reproduce it.

I tested #5 this morning on my cell phone and received the same error previously described. Just a few moments ago I tested again on my desktop PC and did NOT receive the error. I just now tested on my cell using Safari, and I still get the error. Very strange behavior.

Post Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:43 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
SplatShot wrote:

I just tested #3 again using two different browsers. I CAN update an image from a contest that closed several days ago, but I CAN'T update http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/123472/good-evening-madam.html. Is it possible the target file has been written as Read-Only?

#4 may have been a transient problem. I see it in the description of my current entry, "Niagara Gorge". It appears the black diamond with the question mark replaced an accented e. I cannot reproduce it.

I tested #5 this morning on my cell phone and received the same error previously described. Just a few moments ago I tested again on my desktop PC and did NOT receive the error. I just now tested on my cell using Safari, and I still get the error. Very strange behavior.

url]http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/123472/good-evening-madam.html[/url] - Send me your new image I will update it manually.

Tawiskaro

Post Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

rajan wrote:
Send me your new image I will update it manually.

Thanks, Rajan. The image is in your inbox.

MsgtBob

Post Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:47 pm   Reply with quote         

The apostrophe IS the culprit. I tried uploading an entry (with a comment) to the balconies contest and got an error message. I changed "what's" to "what is" and then the entry was accepted.

Post Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:09 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
rajan wrote:
Send me your new image I will update it manually.

Thanks, Rajan. The image is in your inbox.

Image updated

Post Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:10 am   Reply with quote         

MsgtBob wrote:
The apostrophe IS the culprit. I tried uploading an entry (with a comment) to the balconies contest and got an error message. I changed "what's" to "what is" and then the entry was accepted.

apostrophe issue resolved

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - More Broken Components - Reply to topic