Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - Writing a caption beneath the pictur - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

csdudar

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:35 am   Reply with quote         

I am scanning photos into my PC. I want to put a caption on each picture, but I want the text to appear below the picture, not on the picture. I am new to Photoshop. What method or steps should I take to achieve this? I am worried that I might miss the answer(s), when they are posted. Please post answer and also email to csdudar@netzero.net. Thanks

fluados

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:23 am   Reply with quote         

scan the picture<br>open the picture in photoshop<br>adjust the canvas size of the picture<br>adjust the backgroundcolour if needed<br>write your tekst<br>save the pciture (optimized if you want to use it on the internet

HandToolUK

Post Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:01 pm   Reply with quote         

An additional point: sometimes overlaying the caption on the picture looks better than having a strip at the bottom/side with the caption on it (depends on the pic and/or the caption itself tho!)<br><br>So just:<br>- open the pic in photoshop<br>- use the T (text) tool, type the text as u want it<br>- move/scale it to the right position.<br>- then Layer > Flatten the pic<br>- Save it. (Remember to use a different name if u want to keep the original uncaptioned image intact)

Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:56 am   Reply with quote         

you can also have your canvas a bit bigger than your image. And then type the text on the transparent background under your image. Then when you save it make sure you save it as a gif, or the transparent part will turn white.

Post Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:45 pm   Reply with quote         

<a href="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/nerrbody.php" target="_blank"><b>click</b></a><br>

Post Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:44 pm   Reply with quote         

lol

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - Writing a caption beneath the pictur - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com