Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - maintain a certain vpp to vote - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Patre

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:09 am   Reply with quote         

My only concern is for people like myself who from the very beginning have posted every day, and work hard to improve our skills. Our vote count is improving, and probably the quality of our work (but that is not indisptable). Even if we now consisitently receive, lets say, more than the 2 vpp that would be the criteria for voting, it may take months to reach a 2.00 average in order to be eligible to vote. In essence the person is being "vote punished" for trying to improve. <br>My suggestion would be to "grandfather" in people with more than (arbitrarily, 100 posts). As soon as a person has posted 100 times, then they are rewarded with voting privileges.. I know that this protocol can also be abused, and some person/s could post 100 horrible pics in order to get voting privileges. One way to counter that effort would be to make voting privileges contingent on 100 posts overall (no matter what the vvp), but the last 30 posts would need to average 2.5 or above (again , an arbitrary number, it could be anything people thought was fair)......

irishstu

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:32 am   Reply with quote         

How about a minimum TOTAL votes then? That way the better you are, the sooner you get to vote, but everyone will get to vote if they stick at it.

...currently experiencing some dysfunctional internal protocol problems.

http://diystrat.blogspot.com/
YerPalAl

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:51 am   Reply with quote         

That might actually work better. Let me think on it . . . . .<br><br>The idea, after all, is to discourage alias voting so this would make aliases a whole lot more work to get to the point of voting.<br><br>Hmmmm . . . . .

Patre

Post Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Stu-Great idea.....<br>What would be your "total" vote criteria number...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - maintain a certain vpp to vote - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com