Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - how's this for an idea? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

post the days entries annonymously..reveal the author AFTER the voting ends

txpinky

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:13 pm   Reply with quote         

That's how it used to be!

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:59 pm   Reply with quote         

No

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I voted for the new site

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:04 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks for the constructive response heather..what exactly is it you're afraid of?

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:29 pm   Reply with quote         

the way i see it there can be only two possible reasons to be afraid to post annonymously

1) you're afraid you won't get any votes if people don't know it's you

or

2) you're afraid you won't remember which post is yours when it comes time to vote

if it's 1 then too bad..that's the most fair way to do it whether you like it or not... i'm pretty sure even you, heather, wouldn't argue that fact

if it's 2 then i recommend saving a copy of your post to your desktop for reference

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

instead of this whole "old site"/"new site" debate..can't we just agree that the site is evolving?..evolution is the most natural thing in the world..i myself like the fact that we have multiple votes per contest..it allows us many opportunities (if we so desire)to say "extra specially good job today"..a vote doesn't mean a win..but it's always nice to get a bit a recognition for all the work you do..and one post /one vote would take away alot of the fun of the site for me..that said i truely believe in annonymous posting..we all know the reasons for and against this but in my opinion ,as i've stated,it's the most fair way to go.Why not?What's the harm in allowing this site to evolve ?As newer members come..the only way to keep them posting and attract more new members(and Advantage and site sponsors as well i might add)is to encourage them with votes and comments..if i put thought and effort into on my posts,then got no comments or votes(and saw them going to regulars regardless of the quality of the regular's post) i wouldn't post here long..would you?Please tell me how that could be healthy for the site in the long run?annonymous posting combined with multiple votes seems to me to be the natural evolutionary direction for this site to take if we want to make it grow and flourish..if we just want a clique of regulars patting themselves on the back everyday no matter what,well,we really don't need to do much at all

Square

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:57 pm   Reply with quote         

you seem to be making a LOT of assumptions about Heather's response. Interesting how you interpret so much from two letters.
*edit*
what I mean to say, is all she says is "no" which could mean numerous things but no other option is being considered other than she's scared to post anonymously.

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

what part of the word "no" don't you understand square?

Cynn

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

I think anonymous posting is a nice idea, but I worry that people might wind up expending a lot of energy trying to figure out who's post is whose, rather than focusing on chopping. Smile

I also like seeing the little author comments, although there is probably a way to add those anonymously as well.

Square

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:07 pm   Reply with quote         

don't be a pompous, impolite person now......why don't you send her a PM and ask her for clarification if it's that important to you.

No could mean:
Nah, there are enough changes already, let's ride this one out for a while.

No, I like it the way it is now, for many reasons other than knowing who posts what.

No, I prefer to be able to gague a member's improvement in their skill level by watching their work evolve during contests.

No, I like having the ability to send PMs to members before a contest is over for various reasons.

No, I like having my friends vote for me, and since I have no skill of my own, name recognition is the only thing I've got going for me.

Shall I continue with the various possibilities?
Confused

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Smile point taken

Heather!

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I said no, because quite frankly there was 1-more complaining when we were and 2-people cheated to see whose pic it was anyway to "friend vote"

that is all no meant

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Anyway, didnt we take a vote via poll about the anonymous posting before the site changed?
I believe changes implimented on this site stemmed from feedback to JMH in some cases.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - how's this for an idea? - Reply to topic