Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - how's this for an idea? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

MommysBoy

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Truly anonymous would be great but,,,,it can't be. All it takes is someone to PM or ICQ or AIM or MSN their friends which post is theirs. I wish they would bring back anonymous posting because at least it would make the people work to let someone know what post was theirs.

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:29 pm   Reply with quote         

,-,;=;=-'-b(i'à)hb')$i-ènh,rèhi-(è;à(iè"()èà

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:36 pm   Reply with quote         

if what you say about cheating is true then that's a shame..i would hope as members we could trust each other not to cheat, but i know i'm being naive if i say i believe we could..i do think, however, that it would be easy enough to spot who was cheating ..how long would it take to figure out that a poster was getting padded votes and from whom?.the penalty could be whatever the majority votes..from pulling the post to banning users for repeat offences..i don't know....all i'm saying is the present system is in dire need of adjustment and we need to figure something out..soon.. not 6 months or a year from now...everyday we wait, imo, costs the site dearly in terms of credibility ...i don't pretend to have all the answers but there's gotta be a way to do this and make it fair..i mean for god's sake this is 2005!!!!!!!

Showcase

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:51 pm   Reply with quote         

dear god! its FUN DAMNIT!! FUN!!!
or maybe we need an international psc committee with drug testing and regulations where only the few elite can participate.

I dont think its quite the desperate situation you make it out to be there Holly.
its a way to past the time and feel good about yourself....mostly.

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:59 pm   Reply with quote         

not much fun in watching a post you worked hard to create get no votes..no comments..and look up and see some of the posts that do get them...today that's the norm..the norm should be an honest ongoing exchange of ideas and criticisms...if noone works for change it'll never come, show..and i love this site..anyone who hasn't figured that out yet ain't listenin'..that's why this issue is so imporant to me ..to me the site would be ten times better if it was a fair contest..that's all i'm pushing for here

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:04 pm   Reply with quote         

[quote] where only the few elite can participate.

interesting choice of words..how far away from that are we now?

Showcase

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
...that's why this issue is so imporant to me ..to me the site would be ten times better...

for you, but what about the guy who posted before you in a contest? or the one after? maybe they like it open and casual the way it is. maybe people just come here to post some images and see what other people come up with.

thats all I meant. for you, it may not work well but for others it might. the site cant be everything to everyone.

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:18 pm   Reply with quote         

true enough -- guess people will decide for themselves which side of this issue they're on

ScionShade

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:33 pm   Reply with quote         

welcome to my hobby. Smile
Addictedly tracking who votes weasily--for over a year now.
i have the names, inter alliance vote schematics and charts to
back it all up.
My findings are still what they were in November.
site changes have made the issue nearly moot.
There are more dire issues facing us..............
we seriously need a new 'gimic'.
squirrels and badgers have become cliche, and the new
gimic of "EZ" chopping is .....boring.
I suggest bringing back political satire with a
cross dressing twist. THAT never gets old. Laughing

Showcase

Post Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
I suggest bringing back political satire with a
cross dressing twist. THAT never gets old.

HEY! We will not let this site become your little fetish playground. FORGET IT!!

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:04 am   Reply with quote         

A mod should close this thread like all the other anon vs non-anon threads. The subject is tired out and boring. Nothing ever gets solved on this topic, except a bunch of arguments that have been heard 100 times before and had no result.

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:17 am   Reply with quote         

gee chopper i'm sorry you're "tired" of hearing this but i'm new to the site as are alot of others..maybe the reason you've heard this argumeant "100" times is because it's a valid one..anyway if this shit's so boring to you wtf are you reading it for?!?you're not a mod...you can read anything or not read anything you like....if you find my thread boring i recommend the caption contest..i came up with a few..see if you can do better..you got plenty of time on your hands to be creative these days..it's not like i see you posting everyday the way some of us do.

Heather!

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

HOLLY!
PLEASE CHILL!

You are squelching the LOL

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:57 am   Reply with quote         

do i really need to tell you what you can do with the "LOL"?..i don't appreciate someone saying my thread should be deleted..this is an issue everyone has a right to consider..not just the people who've been around long enough to be "bored "with it

HandToolUK

Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:03 pm   Reply with quote         

holly9000 wrote:
....if you find my thread boring i recommend the caption contest...

Thanks for the plug for my latest thread... Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - how's this for an idea? - Reply to topic