Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Perhaps a sticky for redundant complaints. - Reply to topic

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:44 am   Reply with quote         

Maybe it might be a good idea to have a sticky in the forum of all complaints that have been made and rehashed over and over so often that they have become pointless to discuss any further.

Or the sticky could have links that at least point to those threads to cut down on redundant posts. I've noticed a lot of newbies start posts like "Let's make the contests anonymous" without knowing that the topic has been covered 100x before.

Just a thought.

ReinMan

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:48 am   Reply with quote         

Hasn't THIS topic been covered before?

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:31 am   Reply with quote         

I don't care how many sticky ones there are,
IF YOU PLACE THEM AT THE BOTTOM-.

Cynn

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:37 am   Reply with quote         

I think we should assign numbers to complaints. That'd be really efficient.

Oh, and we could have numbered responses, too.

If we really work at it, we can completely eliminate all meaningful interaction on this forum!

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Maybe in a couple weeks or a month from now, I'll sign in as a newbie and start a new forum post called "Why was Cynn pissed about the Reunion?! WTF?!"

Then maybe you'll see where I'm coming from.

Fugue

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:03 pm   Reply with quote         

I see where you're coming from but... would drawing attention to all these complaint topics attract or repell new visitors to the site, do you think?

I bored a lot of people by complaining about stuff after I arrived here, I'd hate to deny current newbies the right to bore me.

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmm, well I wasn't so bored by it Fugue. When you came here, the forums were somewhat new. A lot of topics hadn't been discussed yet.

As of now, the complaints are throughout the forum and are getting pretty redundant. In some ways, I see that as being more of a repellant than having them all isolated in one thread (which I don't know if that's even possible).

As I said before, this was just a thought. It could be that it's not a plausible one.

HandToolUK

Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Chopper wrote:
As of now, the complaints are throughout the forum and are getting pretty redundant. In some ways, I see that as being more of a repellant than having them all isolated in one thread (which I don't know if that's even possible).

As I said before, this was just a thought. It could be that it's not a plausible one.

I agree. Just make one sticky thread that contains links to key earlier threads where frequently raised issues were previously discussed (Maybe called something like Questions or Suggestions? Check here first). A sort of beefed-up FAQ, eg:

Check the list below to see if your question has been answered or your suggestion has been made by someone else before. If so, you can follow the link to see the discussion and add your thoughts if you wish:

Advantage:

Payment methods
For or against?

Ideas/thoughts on the contests:

Voting by points
Running out of votes early
Anonymous voting

Animated GIFs - good or bad?
Viewing animated GIFs

etc..

Then any newbies coming along can see what was discussed before and how it panned out, and if necessary, add to the thread. Ok, so we might see some of the same arguments rehashed and/or a lot of "I agree with xxx" comments, but at least they would be confined to a single thread on each issue.

Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:35 am   Reply with quote         

Fugue wrote:
would drawing attention to all these complaint topics attract or repell new visitors to the site, do you think?

I suppose it's a possibility it might put some off. And also it might draw attention to arguments/controversies that some might not have otherwise got involved in, thus actually increasing the amount of rehashing of issues rather than reducing it.

Post Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Another snag of course - who would be responsible for updating it? I doubt jmh and the mods would be keen on having to keep going back and editing it to add links on common debates... lol

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Perhaps a sticky for redundant complaints. - Reply to topic