Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - Help Me Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

aw8pj

Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok here is the situation. I cmae home for work and my computer was running kind of sluggish so I restarted it. When it came back on everything was running but I wouldn't get anything on the display. After a couple more restarts the display finally came on but the screen looks like the computer is in safe mode (which it is not in) I have tried going to the display properties and it says I am running at 4 colors and at 800 x 600 but it doesn't list any other choices in order to change it. I triied to do a system restore but the computer keeps coming back and saying no changes have been made and it can't restore the computer. I don't know what to do. Has this ever happened to anyone else? What could be causing this? Please help.

ScionShade

Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:34 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah,
PC's can be real assholes about playing April fools jokes on their owners.
It'll all be over in a bout two and a half hours.
Good Luck Smile

sage

Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm gonna sound really stupid here, scion, but are you serious? Shocked
(please don't laugh at me, I boughta mac, remember?) ok...i know you're shitting me.... Are you?

Damn, I should just delete this.

aw8pj

Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:04 pm   Reply with quote         

no he wasn't serious ......no matter how much I wish he was

sage

Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:07 pm   Reply with quote         

I really wish i could help you. Hang in there, I'm sure someone will pop in who can.

aw8pj

Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks sage, I may have to crack it open and put in my oldd graphics card, but that is a last resort.

Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:52 pm   Reply with quote         

sound to me like your graphics card is failing-try updating the driver-you can usually find them at the manufactuers website-also see if any firmware updates are available for your card-If that doesn't work methinks it's time for a new one

thbeghin

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:13 am   Reply with quote         

It sounds bad!!! If i were you, i would save all my important files on a cd or on an external hard disk before going any further.

Hal23

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:07 am   Reply with quote         

If you don't have an option to change resolution or color depth then your card probably runs on Standard Windows drivers. My first step would be reinstalling the original graphic card drivers (from manufacturer CD or somewhere from net). This solution requires less work. Then, after seeing the result, you may consider next steps.

Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:52 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks to all for your help. I reinstalled the drivers as suggested and it worked like a charm. Thanks to all once again.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Migrated Topics - Help Me Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com