Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Save for web feature - Reply to topic

Hammy

Post Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm fairly new to web design and was wondering if anyone here might be able to help me with this. I read a little about the save for web feature and have practiced useing it a bit. What would be the best file size to optimize a picture to load for the web. I'll be useing pics that are 500x375 and that are jpegs. I just dont know what setting to use for them. Any advice, tips, or knowladge anyone has about this would be very helpful. Thanks!

Doodler!

Post Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:45 am   Reply with quote         

if you put yer face upto the moniter and watch for the pic to degrade.. stop turning down the size when it degrades.. you can usually get them down pretty low without losing alot of quality

Hammy

Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:39 am   Reply with quote         

Thank you, that seems easy enough. any other tips?

splodge

Post Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:50 am   Reply with quote         

I save my pix at 640 pixels, longest side, and save them at between 30 and 50 kb this is bigger than most ppl save them at, but that's the kinda guy i am Smile
if you want to build a photo album like mine at http://hallcross.co.uk
go into photoshop >file>automate>web photo album. you can choose from a number of diferent album styles, select the size of your thumb nails, the size of photos, and the quality of your photos
if you have dreamweaver with flash go into commands>create web photo album, you'll find more album styles, but i think you'll have to resize photos first.
another "batch" converter if you have lots of pix to convert http://www.irfanview.com/

Hallcross Toots

Post Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:15 am   Reply with quote         

I've found that the best tool for compressing images for the web is Xat Image Optimiser.

ReinMan

Post Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:27 am   Reply with quote         

What de Doodler Sed! Very Happy

a4pawedpal

Post Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         

all I know, (novice dat I am), is that I blow up to 300 under image size, and shrink it back to 72-96 (pending on original sizes I'm using), then when I save it for web, I take the bar down or up so it says I'm at 65 or less on that scale thing to the left side before saving, Also my selection is usally in the large or max size option........ hope that helps, maybe ifn ya go to tutorials might give it to you in Puterlanguage, I dunno!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Save for web feature - Reply to topic