Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - A noble cause. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:47 am   Reply with quote         

Patim, I AGREE. thats what my comment said. Most times, the best "chops" win.
The shit about not wanting to compete against a prefessional stock image was regarding the members that may not post too much anymore.

Perhaps they are confident in the Photoshop skills as they pertain to PSC but see the futility of trying to compete with a stock image that is created by a professional for actual print and media.

It's just my opinion.

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:05 am   Reply with quote         

why do i have the feeling that this thread is about to come to an end?..i hope i'm wrong but it seems we've played out most of what was possible to play out in this one--i have to admit this was a (is)the best thread i've seen since i've come to psc-in fact it's the one i tried to start when i first got here but i really had no grasp of the site at the time (plus my presentation sucked)so it died-a couple of thing before it's all over

1-thanks to SOT for bringing all this up--while i don't agree with how it started i like how it's progressed

2-i think it's a good thing we have people like SOT that are so competative--if everyone were like me not nearly as much would get done in the world(and we'd all have fuzzy wheels)-so for that i'm in the debt of the driven

3-several times it's been mentioned that you(SOT) used to post here and don't anymore--if the only reason is because you feel you don't get enough voter recognition i'm sorry to hear that--i for one would like to see your work--i'd even promise to at least give you an effort vote

no hard feelings right?-holly Smile

thatbobguy

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Here is someone who has posted ZERO entrys to the contest. Has made negitive comments to site users, way more talented then I, and yet everyone makes nice about it.???? I personaly don't care if he blasts my chops, I do this for fun on my lunch hour, but to slam those of you who are truly great at this, is outta line dude. Mad

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:45 pm   Reply with quote         

regarding the thing where the paste thing doesnt win contest.
that's true, but if yer like me and
finish on average at around fifth or sixth place and
everytime there's a paste job that does better than that-well--it's frustrating.
it's why I don't post anymore--that's the only reason i don't post anymore.
It's the one thing that makes me say 'why bother'.

Post Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:58 pm   Reply with quote         

if that's the only reason you don't post anymore scion why did you ever posts at all?..is your ego so fragile that rather than contribute to the site by posting..you take your ball and go home if you don't win?..i'm really suprised to read that coming from you

patim

Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

Sounds strange, but really... I to didn't ecpect this from you Scion.

Looked at your portofolio and yhink you have the same I thought. When I started I thought I sucked. After a while I thought I got better. Asked myself why others would win with seriously worse chops. Now I look back at that period and see that I sucked even more than I would wish.

So I got better and even won a contest. It's called practice, practice, practice. And now... Now i'm one of the best choppers around here Razz ...till I look back of course in a couple of months Wink

ananth21

Post Sun May 15, 2005 1:55 am   Reply with quote         

*peeping into the ladies room*

Anyone out there???

ReinMan

Post Sun May 15, 2005 4:14 am   Reply with quote         

Sprockel Ditz Prenga Chimps!

Post Sun May 15, 2005 7:33 am   Reply with quote         

what's going on in here

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Welcome Center - A noble cause. - Reply to topic