Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - A gumby suggesting something about the Gumby compettion.. - Reply to topic

Do you feel these suggestions are fair?

Yes

78%

78%

[ 11 ]

No

21%

21%

[ 3 ]

Total Votes: 14

Tapewormproject

Post Sat May 14, 2005 12:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, this is not meant to be dusrespectful to MoZub or any sponsors involved with the creating of the Gumby League rules, but some of us gumbies have some ideas about how to make this competition BETTER than it already is. (And it is good!)

Our main suggestion is that the competition only take place once a week, that day may be determined by MoZub, if she so wishes. However I believe that Vunt Van Pumununt's idea of Mondays is a good one. The only reason that we request this is because if this competition is a true test of skill between all gumbies, then posting every day would be a detriment to our ability to express our skill.

Please, any gumby or sponsor that supports (or refutes) my opinion post here and we can have a coup! (well not really, a democratic alteration of some rules)

Thanks,
TWP

kooi

Post Sat May 14, 2005 1:07 pm   Reply with quote         

for me as a sponsor it's ok too because my gumby has not much time at all for posting along the week one special day will be better then....

Post Sat May 14, 2005 1:33 pm   Reply with quote         

2-3 days, imo. Wink

Showcase

Post Sat May 14, 2005 2:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Its not supposed to be this organized...or complicated.
I'll defer to any rules or time frame set by the judges but I think it needs to be more than one day. One day isnt enough. some gumbies post every day, others dont. you need to allow every gumby time to enter a couple contests at least or many will end up with zero points due to lack of posts.

considering the prize at hand, I think it should be at least a week and prolly two. one day to win the prize doesnt seem overly fair to most....if you only post a few times but get good votes, you'll compete with the gumby that posts everyday without getting that many votes.

The gumbies should just continue doing what they do...post in contests and get as many votes as they can. thats it. thats all there is to a fantasy league.

Some people get together (in this case the sponsors) and pick a "team" (in this case one psc member each). Votes are counted as points and the Sponsor who had the gumby with the most votes at the end of the "season" wins bragging rights while the gumby wins the prize.

thats it.

I realize there are other ways to get points but the basics are the easiest to understand...anything above and beyond the daily vote counts is extra.

I dont have any say in this as it was the original judges that set this up so I'll do it any way they decide.

Post Sat May 14, 2005 3:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Mondays and Saturdays are good for me...im usually up on Friday nights and sunday nights....so gumby competition would be great for mondays and saturdays in my opinion. Canadian gumbies work better on evenings they can comsum alcohol.
Makes dem dare creative juice flow dont ya know Smile

-dbbowling

Tapewormproject

Post Sun May 15, 2005 10:19 am   Reply with quote         

I agree with you completely showcase, and i will abide by any rules MoZub and the other judges want. I just thought i would try to sway their opinion to possibly make it easier on us. Either way ill play by the rules.

st1n3r

Post Sun May 15, 2005 10:38 am   Reply with quote         

Rolling Eyes

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Sun May 15, 2005 1:08 pm   Reply with quote         

As with any game or contest here, everyone has their opinion. I say let's stick to the original rules, and play the game.

When we ran the first Scavenger Hunt, there were a lot of suggestions, but we ran it as we set it up. Then when it was time for the 2nd and 3rd round, suggestions were taken into consideration and some "rules" were changed.

Gumbies do not have to post every day. If you make one outstanding chop and you get 50+ votes on it, that will be the same as someone who makes 5 less than outstanding chops and get's 10 votes on each. That should be part of your strategy if you are strategizing.

As much as it pains me to say it publicly, I tend to agree with that showcase guy on this. Just keep doing what you've been doing, and maybe you'll win a good prize!

Post Sun May 15, 2005 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

theduplicate....you're one lucky gumby to have nancers sponsoring you...i mean look at her!!!...look at that smile Very Happy

it's times like these, that i wish i was a gumby.

good luck to everyone!

Tapewormproject

Post Mon May 16, 2005 12:58 am   Reply with quote         

i understand wise ones

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - A gumby suggesting something about the Gumby compettion.. - Reply to topic