Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Real or Chop? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Is the photo real or a chop?

Real

55%

55%

[ 33 ]

Chop

44%

44%

[ 26 ]

Total Votes: 59

1337hax0r

Post Thu May 19, 2005 3:20 pm   Reply with quote         

ED209 wrote:
Here's one of many videos of a jumbo jet landing at St Maarten.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/stmarten.html

holy shit!!!!!
that's just crazy! Shocked

1337hax0r

Post Thu May 19, 2005 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

ya know...i've come like you ed Smile

dewking

Post Thu May 19, 2005 3:31 pm   Reply with quote         

unless there is some mass group of photoshoppers that decided to chop photos of planes while taking different angled shots at the beach where the runway is.... its real.

They are not only on one site, they are found all over the place. Given, I know I can find the "helecopter shark" photo all over the place too, but its the same shark, same angle, etc...

All Im saying, if they are ALL fake, then someone has more time to waste then we all do. Smile

(Real.)

D

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
sage

Post Thu May 19, 2005 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm sticking my neck out and saying it's real...(I won't stick it out too much, 'cause my head would probably get clipped by one of those things..)

I downloaded the image and brought it into PS. I drew a line from the top of the guy in the foreground's head to the corresponding point on his shadow. I chose this guy because he is on flat land, and therefore creating a 90 degree angle between his body and the sand. I then moved this line to the shadow on the tail end of the plane, and the angle was bang on. This means that both shadows were created by the same lightsource.

Also, the reflection under the wing works with the sand and water.

I checked the reflection on the six windows, but can't judge on it because I don't know what is behind the photographer.

I think that if the people on the beach are accustomed to having jumbos flying that close to them, then a small plane like this one wouldn't phase them...

My two cents Smile

Cynn

Post Thu May 19, 2005 3:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Hm. I'll be darned. Even looking at it now, it looks artificial, to me. Maybe because there's nothing but focus to give a hint as to the size of tht plane. It's so sharp that it looks like a small plane in the foreground, not a large plane in the background. That's why it looks like it's not casting a shadow--it's not casting a shadow where I would expect it to, which would be on the beach where the people who are as sharp as the plane are, not waaaay in the background with the blurry people.

Maybe it's an optical illusion, of sorts?

I also think the woman in the right foreground must be really tiny, because she looks disproportionate to the men in the foreground.

In any case, I feel a lot better about the chops I do where EVERYTHING is in focus. Yay!

This is fun. What should we argue about now?

1337hax0r

Post Thu May 19, 2005 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

i think this pretty much sums it up.....they're real.

thanks to ed for posting this

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/stmarten.html

Alex

Post Thu May 19, 2005 4:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Cynn and the shadows... A lifetime love story.

Post Thu May 19, 2005 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

HAHAHAH... i bet the 50+ percent of the people that votes it was fake feel pretty stupid right now.

Post Thu May 19, 2005 4:22 pm   Reply with quote         

That video is obviously fake. Furthermore, there is no island called "St. Maartens." Who would spell it like that? Moreover, that silvery contraption flying overhead is ridiculously fake, as well. What the heck kind of futuristic flyingmobile is that? Fakes faking fakery, the lot of them!

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Thu May 19, 2005 5:17 pm   Reply with quote         

HAHAHAHAHA! I don't feel stupid, but I have no clue if I still think it's fake or not. let's argue some more!

YerPalAl

Post Thu May 19, 2005 5:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Chop.

The plane casts no shadow.

patim

Post Thu May 19, 2005 5:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Definatly real. You can be good at PS but it allways gives something away. If you focus into the plane at 1600, you will see that the transition between the plane and the surroundings are impecable. There is a fluent line of pixels that are very cosistent and fluently.

It is allmost impossible to make it that way. (read that in a magazine where people try to unravel forgery and so).

So my guess: 99.9% real Smile

dewking

Post Thu May 19, 2005 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Im sure its fake, according to Arcairo's moth plane, the shadow should be the size of texas and pitch black....

Wink

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
Alex

Post Thu May 19, 2005 5:33 pm   Reply with quote         

HAHAHAHA HAAAAAHAHAHAHA @ Dew. So tru.

Post Thu May 19, 2005 6:08 pm   Reply with quote         

i say the video is pretty convincing... but what speed film do you need to FREEZE a Gulfstream in midair at a 90 degree angle to the camera at that range?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Real or Chop? - Reply to topic