Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Views and voting patterns.. - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:41 pm   Reply with quote         

There is only ONE THING that could make ME feel better than knowing that he View Counter Sux... ONE THING only!

But since I don't live in AMSTERDAM, I'll just be happy with knowing the TRUTH about that silly ViewCounter! Razz

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Damn you! Wink You make me feel stupid! I suck at all math, except geometry.(and the basic crap, of course...)

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Pat, one large factor that piles up the views on the leader's pic is the views from the front page factor. I have to imagine that a lot of those views are people passing by this site for the first time or casually and just check out the post on the first page because it is easily accessible. Those people are non-voters. Views count everyone that comes by PSC, not just voters. If you wanted a pure stat, comparing visits of voters to an image compared to the number of votes it gets would be one. Or in other words, if you could track that 80 voters have looked at an image at least one time and 40 have voted, then 50 of voters decided the pic was vote worthy. However, even this stat is corruptable. People could make aliases just to view an entry and run its voter view total up and the percentage down. And as always, I've probably lost over half my audience reading this post. Razz
Patre

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:24 pm   Reply with quote         

hi Billtvshow
I agree that it would be extremely difficult to get an honest views to votes ratio, when there is no way to control the variables that determine why a person is viewing a picture.
If the voter viewing the pic. does not have the ability to vote for it, then the results are automatically skewed and don't reflect the real views/vote ratio. The alias's, author editing and etc. all make the statistical analysis of any of this "unpure" data likely to be corrupted. So clearly my initial percentages in the paragraph that started this thread are erroneous and may only give an indication of a trend that may or may not play out as conclusions supported by the data.
So my hunch is just a hunch and my questions merely speculative. It woudn't be worth the time to code a program that could isolate views by guests, author editing, aliases etc.
It is, in my view, not a very important issue and only serves as a topic for general discussion. There may be some measure of fun in the discussion and a few informative and useful ideas may surface.Que sera, sera...

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Tru, but it's always good to be looking at stats as you did, you know I like to. Wink
Robaccomando

Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:16 am   Reply with quote         

someone might simply view the picture and not like it. Rolling Eyes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - Views and voting patterns.. - Reply to topic