Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - PSC - 'community' Behavior - How Can We Improve? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

splodge

Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:28 pm   Reply with quote         

bring back the dirty word filter, big mistake removing that, fair enough it opened up a whole new vocablry for leif, but it did no one else any favours,,,, asshole.
and we should have a dont do list.
we dont do....
polatics (no mater who you spill it)
religion(ditto)
race
anon posting Smile
vote counting
eourope ve the rest of the world (althuogh we are kicking ass)

Hallcross Toots
AtHeaMo

Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Well I'm just offended by threads with really long posts....

Cool

Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:02 pm   Reply with quote         

"But if you're starting a forum thread, you've got to fire up the imagination and the inspiration of people - kick off with a few ideas/suggestions of your own when you start it, for example.

Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Mason - you are sounding PETULANT! Huh..

Read what you just quoted - HandTOOL suggested you put some of YOUR OWN IDEAS out for grabs FIRST! He's absolutely right! YOU need to SHOW PEOPLE HOW ITS DONE! AND THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO PARTICIPATE IN YOUR OWN THREAD! Very Happy

We are NOT saying you are an AssGrabbingBastard, but you were complaining that no one wanted to "DO" your thread idea. We are giving you tips on how to get MORE ACTION. Don't whine to us, and if we wish to be sarcastic we will choose to be sarcastic. We can be VERY HELPFUL around here - but as this is a FREE SITE most of us HELPFUL PEOPLE like to help people who help themselves. It is a FACT that WHINERS get NOWHERE quickly at PSC. I didn't make it that way - it is JUST THAT WAY.

So... on topic to THIS thread:

Please check over what we said. We (those of us doing our best to help and explain things and make it a fun ride while we're at it) are not trying to piss 'newbies' off. We are giving you advice on WHAT ACTUALLY (against all odds of decency and Proper Behavior) WORKS around here at THIS SITE. Some of us (for whatever sick reasons we may individually have) have been here for more than a year. Some a LOT longer. We have seen some things that work here, and some things that don't. In any intelligent community that wisdom is passed down to the newer folk. Even if it is BAD NEWS. "No offence, Grasshopper, but gravity will SUCK YOU DOWN!"...

Mason1234 - What HandTOOL-Uk said is absolutely true: the threads where the originator gives some examples at the beginning (or in your case, a few of YOUR favorite brush/filter/thangs) go a LOT farther than the ones that come up with an idea but don't DO anything with it.

Okay - Damn. I've been serious again. This JUST won't do!

Please excuse me whilst I SQUEEZE SQUEEZE SQUEEZE my STRESS AWAY!!!

ReinMan

Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Ahhhhhhhh... say, Slim - don't that make you feel A WHOLE LOT BETTA!???

Square

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:29 am   Reply with quote         

I say, if ReinMan would oblige us with several more photos of himself (preferrably with less apparel) then speaking on behalf of at least the female population of psc, we pinky-swear to behave!

Dang, I've got a sudden craving for peanut butter cups.......

Bow

cafn8d 09/12 @ 09:41 pm

I've been there! Wow, I've been someplace Square's been! That is SO AWESO... what... the SHIV is over? oh... Well, I've still been there... Smile

https://shannonlea1218.wordpress.com/
marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

i say keep ya kecks on rein.... its not worth it, think of the children... but not like jacko did i may add

Post Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:41 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Read what you just quoted - HandTOOL suggested you put some of YOUR OWN IDEAS out for grabs FIRST! He's absolutely right! YOU need to SHOW PEOPLE HOW ITS DONE! AND THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO PARTICIPATE IN YOUR OWN THREAD! Very Happy

Ok, I see. To me, it sounded as if he were asking to EXPLAIN what the whole concept was, I didn't get "submit your stuff and show us what to do." out of what he said...

Post Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:43 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
Ok, I see. To me, it sounded as if he were asking to EXPLAIN what the whole concept was, I didn't get "submit your stuff and show us what to do." out of what he said...

Rolling Eyes Wink

Congrats on working out the whole quote thing , mason Smile

Post Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:08 am   Reply with quote         

(gets out his soap box....places it firmly on the ground...looks for Sage, not gunna knock me off this time..deep breath)

If it's all about community you got to wonder why threads like these dont get more entries, lots of hits just no enteries...

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2210
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2023
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2221
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2549&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2618

All of these threads are community based and need this community to keep them alive, some do some dont, (breaks into song) and some girls need a lot of lovin and some girls dont...um sorry about that got caugth up in the moment...back to the issue. It takes more than just your voteing and posting to make this a community it takes a little bit of your time and your energy to put that bit extra in. I know we cant all be an Anfa or a Patre or a Reinman or a Billtvshow, but we have a little bit of that magic in us, or we would not be here posting our art work. I know we all get P*ssed off now and then and some times vent it here or in the chat room, but just like real life we can always say sorry.

It's a little word with a very big impact.

(Steps off soapbox...straightens tie...walks to the bench and waits)

ReinMan

Post Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:16 pm   Reply with quote         

"Sorry seems to be the hardest word"

So true, Mr.Blue, so true! Smile

Patre

Post Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Blue..
I really liked the way your post today re: "I'm sorry". Those two words have saved more lives, relationships and communities than a ton of wars. Your words were so sincere and genuine that I was touched and felt the need to respond to you.

It was also kind of you to include me in that quartet of PSC'ERS, but in all honesty,
I struggle , most of the time to simply get an idea. Executing it is usually nothing short of a major effort.There are many others, like yourself, who are so consistently and expertly good that it would be easy to place you and them above me in any ring of honor. Thanks for a great post!
All the best,
Pat(Patre) Smile

sage

Post Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:35 pm   Reply with quote         

We're OK. The core of the community is made up of decent people, and this core is growing daily. Lurker only named 4, but the list of integral PSCers is quite extensive. Reinman will now list them all alphabetically.

*Blue_Lurker: I am sorry for knocking you down last time. It will not happen again. It's just that alcohol, the heat, humidity...you know. Wink *

aw8pj

Post Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:40 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
It takes more than just your voteing and posting to make this a community it takes a little bit of your time and your energy to put that bit extra in.

Well said Blue. I have to say that your comments really got me thinking. I joined this site over a year ago, and have been a somewhat regular poster in the contests for about six months. I have enjoyed that time emensely and am constantly checking the site out to see who created what and maybe learn a little about chopping.(And the drama ain't bad either.) But back to my point. After reading your comment I realized for all the site has given me I have given very little back. This is a community of great people, for the most part, who care about this site and the members in it. And I just want to say I am sorry for not participating in those things that make this community great.

aw8pj

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - PSC - 'community' Behavior - How Can We Improve? - Reply to topic