Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Voted twice for same picture.. - Reply to topic

Patre

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:02 am   Reply with quote         

Just wanted to note that I was able to vote twice(inadvertently) for the same picture(Paco Perez') in today's contest. Here is the explanation of how it happened:

I think that there might be a glitch in the program. I submitted my vote and then waited for it to record, so I could forward to the next picture. It seemed to be taking an inordinate amount of time to load, so I pushed the vote button again. This time it loaded, with two votes recorded instead of one. My apologies-but I don't understand how the "second" vote was able to skirt the coding that protects against the same person voting two times for one picture.

I don't know if this was just a one time anomaly or a program glitch, so I decided to post the event in case some administrative intervention is appropriate.

Bluesbro

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:26 am   Reply with quote         

That happened to me once quite some time ago, before the last big change if I remember right. Perhaps a site update was happening at the time, or some type of timing thing was just right to allow it to hapopen. Did it actually take two votes fom your total as well?

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

Patre - what you describe is what most likely happened. I thought that that particular "Weird Loophole From Another Dimension" had been fixed.

What i do now if I get the "FROZEN AFTER HITTING VOTE BUTTON" situation is I hit the STOP button on my browser, and then the BACK then REFRESH button to see if my vote did go through or not. Then I proceed accordingly (or ACCORDIONaly! Smile )

Of course, when I was younger here (a year or so ago) I'd hit that frickin VOTE button as fast and furious as I could. But after the Vote Optimization Police gave me a visit (BELIEVE me, having a MOD come at you with a rubber glove on his hand is enough to scare ANYBODY straight!) I mended my Evil Voting Ways.

Very Happy

Patre

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:38 am   Reply with quote         

Yes, Bluesbro, it does appear that the 2nd vote on Paco Perez' picture was subtracted from my total number of allowed votes..
Rein, I agree that the vote optimization police can be most intimidating, especially if they are wearing gloves. I will definitely take a second look at that refresh button.. Smile

splodge

Post Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:46 pm   Reply with quote         

my very bestest friend in the world DLowrie once voted for me 3 times,giving me a winning post, but as i beat ANFA by 13 votes it did not matter, yes that's right i said " i beat ANFA by 13 votes", but he was a newbie back then Very Happy
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/52179/display.html

Hallcross Toots

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Voted twice for same picture.. - Reply to topic