Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Socks Rule! And now, the SOCK LAWS... - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ReinMan

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

JMH and Cynn have asked me to let you know the new Sock Laws.

As some of you know there are now SockLINKS in CHAT to put your CynnSOCK directly into your post.

The starting crew of original Cynn created CynnSOCKS, as well as the shortcut links, can be seen here: http://photoshopcontest.com/socks/index.html

PSC, along with Cynn, have decided to now make an Original CynnSOCK a part of the PhotoshopContest world. In order for a member to get a sock puppet created by Cynn, they must now complete these steps:

1) post at two separate times in the CHAT room. (have an actual conversation with whoever is there. Screen capture required for proof.)

2) start one FORUM thread which generates at least a second page worth of responses. (this will get you all whoring CONTACTS instead of VOTES!) Very Happy

3) posted at least 5 entries into the contests. You don't need to get votes, you just need to post in 5 of the daily contests.

4) Have to have been a member for 30 days.

5) Only Cynn approved socks are allowed on the Chat's SockLINKS (not counting any that may have made their way into the original bunch). You can, of course, create your own for your avatar, you will just not be able to have them created as a SockLINK for chat.

Once you have completed the above steps, contact ReinMan at his PM thang and he will then authorize you to go ahead and put in a personal request to CynnSockQUEEN so that she might then create your mini-work of art. Your new CynnSOCK will then be added to the SockLINKS and you will become a part of PSC history. Very Happy

Okay - I will now stand back an await the plethora of queries that I'm sure we'll get about this!

splodge

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:29 pm   Reply with quote         

give me a sock

Hallcross Toots
Synthvet

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bow Bow

dunno

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:54 pm   Reply with quote         

i think splodge got it right... Raising Brow

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:40 pm   Reply with quote         

All hail the sock rules! Four socks bad, two socks good!

Lrossa

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:19 pm   Reply with quote         

phew.. glad im in the first batch!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Post Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Sweet...When I have (hopefully) been around this site so that I am one of the few (now original) people on this site, my sock will prove how long I have been.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:35 am   Reply with quote         

lol your mission if you choose to accept it is to scale mount death, travel far across the lands of the damned, dive into thelakes of doom, and kill the lord or certain painful death and gore on the top of the decapitation pass.......do this....and you will get a sock buddy.....ha ha cool, i am a original member, woo hoo, cool rules i think its a great idea cynn/jmh/Rein

Very Happy

ReinMan

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:25 am   Reply with quote         

We live only to please you, Marco.

Bluesbro

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:53 am   Reply with quote         

What's a sock?

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:57 am   Reply with quote         

Rules we dont need no stinkin rules...we are smelly socks and we run free...leaving a trail of tinia and toejams behind in our wake, free all the other sox thatare rolled into balls or folder into little straight piles...(I hate people that do that to sox)...free to go where we want, behind the washing macjine or under the dryer lint basket...free to have holes and be darned...mmm...yeah I guess we do need some rule...and maybe a quick wash, and some of them deoderizer things to make us smell all purdy and I have a little hole just under my little toe...and...what...oh ok...yeah I know go and take my medication...sheez you guys are tuff.

MoLinKo

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Now that I can't have one, I want one oh so bad. But look at all those steps, You would have to be some sort of Rocket Genius to make it thru those tediously cruel "sock rules"

Would you accept cash in exchange for a sock, instead?

st1n3r

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:42 pm   Reply with quote         

REINMAN = SOCK POLICE

SWINGING BLADES LIKE A HELICOPTER

cafn8d

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:19 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
JMH and Cynn have asked me to let you know the new Sock Laws.

PSC, along with Cynn, have decided to now make an Original CynnSOCK a part of the PhotoshopContest world. In order for a member to get a sock puppet created by Cynn, they must now complete these steps:

1) post at two separate times in the CHAT room. (have an actual conversation with whoever is there. Screen capture required for proof.)

Well, that let's me out. Any time I've visited the chat (only twice, briefly, and I didn't participate), it was so full of smut and foul language (probably teenagers), I didn't want to join in. Plus, and I know this sounds stupid since "everyone does it," but I don't know how to "capture" a screen--besides taking a picture of it with my digital camera. And this is a Photoshop forum--since when is any graphic that isn't a "live" link proof? I'm surprised, and a little disappointed, that # of votes cast was not a requirement. That's the only "proof" that one has thought of others and not just oneself. There's my 2¢ again. I hope it doesn't get me socked in the bad way for it. Smile

j-elzic

Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, cafn8d....first, you'd probably be surprised at the ages of the people engaging in the conversations you witnessed in the chat area.

and second...if you don't plan on participating in chat...then you would have no use for a SOCK-link type o' sock. I'm right there with you. I do lurk every now and then....interesting stuff pops up in there...but very rarely chat.

BTW...I like the socks. Very fun.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - Socks Rule! And now, the SOCK LAWS... - Reply to topic