Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Messing around with Illustrator! - Reply to topic

Lrossa

Post Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:51 pm   Reply with quote         

This was my first attempt at Adobe Illustrator, I had to share because it actually looks like something!! It was all freehand, and I feel so very cool right now! Laughing

Patre

Post Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:07 pm   Reply with quote         

See below..

Patre

Post Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I like the design style, Larossa and the image has the genuine look of a rose.
I have never used Illustrator, but It looks like a fun pogram which opens
up some interesting artistic possibilities..

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:13 am   Reply with quote         

hey hey Lrossa, thats not bad at all hun, very cool flower type rose thang going on, I'm liking it Smile nice one Very Happy

splodge

Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:28 am   Reply with quote         

marco might like the red rose, being a Lanc', but being a yorkshire man i would prefer a white rose Very Happy
i bought a triple CD, learning illustrator cs from ebay for £5.00, must be over 20 hours of hi res video tutorials, and i think that's only the basics Confused i've not even started it yet (still strugling with dreamweaver tut's).
remember, white rose good, red rose bad Cool
good luck with any future endever

http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=148

http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=22

Hallcross Toots
rockyk

Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Hello all. Hi Lrossa. I really like your flower it's very creative. I have tried over an over to learn Illustrator. I had given up It's very intimidating. I picked it up again last week and I have finally started making some progress in it. If this helps I want to share it. I finally just told myself it's not as intimidating as it looks. I made myself realize that I have a good grasp on Photoshop tools and if I can do that I can do this. I figure someone who works in Illustrator and comes to Photoshop would probably have the same issues. When I figure out what will get me over the Dreamweaver hump I will spill it too ha. That one's a bit more difficult ha. I'm curious does anyone know of a site like this for Illustrator? I have learned so much in Photoshop from sites like this. I'd like to believe there are Illustrator ones as well. Here is what I am working on in Illustrator if anyone is interested. This is a very small version as you can see the draw area box.Much of the detail isn't visible this small. It's all from the basics so don't think more into it. The pen tool is your friend. It's a work in progress.

Rocky

Post Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice work Rocky and Lraossa.....Don't letIllustrator scare orintimidate you....I do (imo) feel Illustrator is much mor difficult to learn than PS...I actualy broke down and took a few advanced courses in college ....non of which ive done for PS (all trial and error and tutorials)....Rocky You hit the nail on the head with the pen tool advice.....my first professor spent the better part of 3 weeks doing nothing but makeing=g us hone our uses and techniques with the pen tool ...Nothing else but that damn pen....you ..as I did will find its your best friend......the possibilities in Illustrator ...being vector based are un countable...it is a really really "fun" program to use ...oncve you learn it...and if you have any natural god given art talent then yoiu will be ammazed at all the possibilities....i would say on the learning curve its a very close second to Corels latext version of Paint...now there is another really fun program ...but very very challenging to learn and work with...but some of your end results can and do look like chagalls,neimons,dalis's etc...its an awesome program !!!

Here are afew I did awhile back....and Splodge ..i am currently creating that "white" rose for ya ....fair is fair mate ...right....

Happy chopping freiends....

Im off like a prom dress......

PS be sure and check out the illustrator tribute to Pamela Anderson
All the images below done with nothing other than the tools within Illustrator!!!

ReinMan

Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:56 am   Reply with quote         

USE THE PEN TOOL, LUKE!

nevet

Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:50 am   Reply with quote         

true....
i suggest taking a photograph and tracing the lines and shapes... start with something simple,
like a jellyfish Very Happy

for a first drawing you did a really good job Lrossa Very Happy

Lrossa

Post Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the support guys! and thanks for adding all your work, its all beautiful, I can see what can be done, if I keep doing it. Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Messing around with Illustrator! - Reply to topic