Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Why some people try to be the best... is that a ego thing? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

neutura

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:30 pm   Reply with quote         

PHOTOSHOP: The professional image-editing standard.

CONTEST: A vying with others for victory or supremacy.

ANNOYING: Debating subjects that are subjective whilst looking for attention.
also see... pee

Showcase

Post Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:40 pm   Reply with quote         

PHOTOSHOP: blah blah blah

CONTEST: blah blah blah

ANNOYING: debating whether a subject is worthy of debating in a forum designed for discussion and debating, subjective or not.

Sometimes, some of the best discussions/debates revolve around subjective subjects. I like to know from one person to the next what they think. Most in this thread have not tried to sway opinion or change facts but simply to express their individual, biased thoughts.

If you find this thread and its topic (or any other for that matter) annoying, dont put down the people that felt it was worthy of their opinion. Once you realize its not to your liking and that YOU dont think it requires discussion, quietly move along and start your own thread.

With that said, thanks for your input. It was as satisfying as...um...making pee.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:34 am   Reply with quote         

lol how can my opinion of what ive seen one here be 'SO WRONG', well fair enough thats ok good point btw Show, my feeling is that remove the votesing, and indeed this site no longer is a contest, and after reading Pats remarks Arc, it looks like even he likes to get a few votes now and then.

I'm not refering to anyone inparticular, I am doing the evil 'generalisation' lol Laughing but, I know many who care about the voing, what can I say, every time I say something you tell me I'm wrong Arc??? why, yes I am going for August vote record, that, is apparently wrong....why??? I dont understand, if I set my stall out to do something, and its my choice and doesnt harm or upset anyone else, why is it wrong.

Boy I love this thread, it just goes on and on lol

keep up the superb work all Very Happy

marcoballistic

Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:37 am   Reply with quote         

by the way Arc I am not meaning that to sound like an attack on you, I truely just want to know ....... why?? lol Laughing

arcaico

Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:55 am   Reply with quote         

man pointing a gun to other man and asking for his money:
- Hey I am not meaning that to sound like this is a robbery, y'know....

man holding fork and looking to chicken at his plate:
- Hey I am not meaning that to sound like I am going to eat you...

man with cash in hand paying a whore:
- Hey I am not meaning that to sound like we are gonna fuck in a while...

Laughing

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

marcoballistic

Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:01 am   Reply with quote         

lol Laughing good points arc....i think Confused

neutura

Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
PHOTOSHOP: blah blah blah

CONTEST: blah blah blah

ANNOYING: debating whether a subject is worthy of debating in a forum designed for discussion and debating, subjective or not.

Sometimes, some of the best discussions/debates revolve around subjective subjects. I like to know from one person to the next what they think. Most in this thread have not tried to sway opinion or change facts but simply to express their individual, biased thoughts.

If you find this thread and its topic (or any other for that matter) annoying, dont put down the people that felt it was worthy of their opinion. Once you realize its not to your liking and that YOU dont think it requires discussion, quietly move along and start your own thread.

With that said, thanks for your input. It was as satisfying as...um...making pee.

My thoughts exactly showcase. What I was saying is that egos and wanting to be the best are the nature of contests. Its like complaining about getting hurt if your playing a full contact sport...and...wtf
Why would you tell me to not put anyone down and then put me down? I WAS expressing my individual biased opinion.

MindGraph

Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm new this month and it is a challenge just keeping up but I feel like I need to do it. I did take a break on the mini drill but it drove me crazy. I am chop crazy at the moment but I'm sure I'll mellow out and maybe be more creative. The nice thing I'm finding is that there are mentors here...people whos talent I want to make my goal. That part makes it fun. I'm an amateur who just loves photoshop and always looking for something to give me a reason to open the program so this is definitely the place for that.
Thank for all of the critique and CHOP ON!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Why some people try to be the best... is that a ego thing? - Reply to topic