Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Worth1000 vs PSC - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

cowboy399

Post Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:44 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Or even stuff re-manipulated that they find here?

I can't rmember who originally did this but it was a rhino head? right??

Which admin at worth did this?

BTW - check out this website. You might consider adding a few of your experiences there. Hit them right in the pocketbook.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/main?q=&url=http://www.worth1000.com

cowboy399

Post Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:49 am   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
what a bad chop, also, having a brandname put on my art, that drew me off worthless1k the first instant i saw it. Who the fuck are you to put your name on my work? got to hell.

Did you complain? Who did this?

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:16 am   Reply with quote         

Fugue wrote:
I hear that newbies at PSC can never win contests too Raising Brow

I found W1K well before I found PSC. I've entered several pics here and I'll likely never enter a contest at W1K. A lot of the stuff that comes out of there is simply amazing. For a newbie like me it's simply too intimidating to think of entering there. Plus only 48 hours is not enough time for a artistically-crippled person like myself (thank you Advantage!).

That's why I like PSC. When I came here I saw chops that people were doing. People were still getting votes and nice comments and tips for amateur-level work. I thought I could do work that was at least as good as those "low-end" entries. Sure enough you all ROCK when it comes to being nice to us newbs.

I still go to W1K to look though. I guess "it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there".

Patre

Post Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Copyright and ownership issues related to the creation, publication and distribution of
PSC materials probably makes it virtually, if not legally impossible to produce the book you describe. Other issues such as financial remuneration would also surface and the character of the site could potentially change from one of learning and community to production and profit. In my view, the change of priorities suggested by the change in values would be counterproductive at best and destructive at worst..

Bluesbro

Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Interesting thread, as I've browsed the Worth site a few times. It seems as if there are some strong feelings going both ways, but that's what makes the world an interesting place. I don't believe any site is 'better', and in the end what you like is what you're familiar with and suits your comfort level. A couple of observations from what has been said;

- I don't find the Worth site hard to navigate and understand ... again, just what you're used to I suppose.

- Both sites have people with mad skills, and if there ever was a 'contest' of the top talent from both (or any PS site for that matter) of these sites I'm sure the quality would be nearly identical.

- It seems to me that PSC is less intimidating overall, and more friendly to the newer PS user, and as such is problably he best on an introductory basis.

- I know nothing about the accusations made regarding 'rigged contests' and various voting anomalies and cheating at Worth, but assume that some if not all is true. But to say the voting here is ideal is not accurate either. Name recognition, clique and friend voting is (and always will) make it unfair to some degree ... anonymous or not. Certain voters will come out of the woodwork and vote for one user only in a particular contest, and not vote for any others (probably don't even look at the other entries). Name recognition alone will get you views, and in many cases an automatic vote. Members have earned the right to vote as they see fit of course, but don't try to convice me that it is fair. I know how you view a pic is subjective, but some of the voting for, or lack thereof, of many pics just leaves me shaking my head. I have to ask "are these people even looking at this entry closely"?

In the end it comes down to what I've always said. You better be here for the love of learning and sharpening your skills, or the social aspect ... because it will drive you crazy if you are here just for the votes. I sure love this site though, looking at and voting in the daily contests is a real source of pleasure.

Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:31 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with Bluesbro. Smile

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Bluesbro wrote:
In the end it comes down to what I've always said. You better be here for the love of learning and sharpening your skills, or the social aspect ... because it will drive you crazy if you are here just for the votes. I sure love this site though, looking at and voting in the daily contests is a real source of pleasure.

Amen to that!

I'm still new and I did originally equate votes with general approval of my work. I still get a thrill from getting a bunch of votes (well a "bunch" compared to what I usually get Wink ). But now I think I'm in it more for the comments.

Having one person tell me that my attempt at humor literally made them spit their coffee on their monitor is worth more than the votes I've gotten.

Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:20 pm   Reply with quote         

got to hell?

bluefist
Site Moderator

Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:25 pm   Reply with quote         

HA!

Good eye, HK.

I think Supa was upset when he wrote that. Laughing

supak0ma

Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Evil or Very Mad

bluefist
Site Moderator

Post Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:03 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm on YOUR side, Supa. Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Worth1000 vs PSC - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.