Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - How can i improve - Reply to topic

Post Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Please look at my work , i need to improve my quality of work any tips/advice

or maybe i just need to improve by practice

thanks matt1

matt1

Post Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:46 pm   Reply with quote         

learn the basics of color/luminosity, try little alterations that look photorealistic

arcaico

Post Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:46 pm   Reply with quote         

you should ask marcoballistic... he's improving his work every day!!!

(ok, I was just being sarcastic... ignore my advice before asking him how to improve it) Laughing

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:54 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks i'll have a go , i have recently made another for the latest contest check it out

Goat1981

Post Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:40 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
you should ask marcoballistic... he's improving his work every day!!!

(ok, I was just being sarcastic... ignore my advice before asking him how to improve it) Laughing

Is this really necessary? Rolling Eyes

matt1, look at the tutorials on this site -- they are very helpful. I think there are also more links to outside tutorials in the forum that can be good. If there's something you don't know how to do -- look it up or ask someone. I'm sure most people will be willing to help.

Also, look at the winning entries and the portfolios of the people who submitted them. Try to figure out HOW the artist made his final work. If you don't know, experiment in PS -- it doesn't hurt to try! You can figure out some amazing things just by experimenting.

Also, pay attention to detail -- clean edges, consistency of clarity / resolution, shadowing consistent with the light source, color-matching.

...keep working on these things and what others may mention, and you'll get better and also develop your own style.

Enjoy the site! Smile

--Kris

yello_piggy

Post Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:27 am   Reply with quote         

hi matt,

filters are helpful tools to give something the right look, but they should not be main-part of your work ...

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:16 am   Reply with quote         

i have tried using all the things you've said, posted a new picture.. on the rock surface contest

ReyRey

Post Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:51 am   Reply with quote         

Listen to what goat and piggy said. (what are we on a farrm?) Stop asking for more votes. They will come as you get better. If you keep asking, all you will get is beat up, so just keep experimenting and you will learn and improve. Look at other work. PM people and ask how they did something. People here are pretty helpful and don't mind sharing. Soon your work will speak for itself and you won't have to ask for votes. try www.good-tutorials.com. There is some cool stuff there too. There is also a lot of crap so pick and choose. Good luck.

yello_piggy

Post Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:16 am   Reply with quote         

and have a look on the topscorers portfolios, most of theme had also 1-vote-entries in the beginning, it will bring you the patience you absolutely need. i have an eye on you ...

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - How can i improve - Reply to topic