Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What training do you have? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

What type of chopper are you?

I gots me one o' them fancy degrees in art!

16%

16%

[ 7 ]

I learn/learned by doing.

71%

71%

[ 30 ]

I've taken some design classes but not a degree in art.

11%

11%

[ 5 ]

Total Votes: 42

ScionShade

Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve,
I have no idea at all what you meant by that.Sorry.
It did make me feel all fuzzy though.
Shocked

Janitor

Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:58 pm   Reply with quote         

I took and hid a kids crayons in Sunday school and now I'm stuck in a deadend job speading orange sawdust on wet' floors. Laughing

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:05 am   Reply with quote         

Janitor, nice work! Enjoy seeing your entries.

Scion, I was referring to a thread you and someone else were having about if The Masters had use of PS and computers -- and what they could do with them. Guess you were just kidding.. HOPE you were just kidding. So that settles it then right? Have a good evening and PLEASE check out my sunglasses entry again--it's new and improved.

Thanks
EVE

Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:03 am   Reply with quote         

None what so ever...

I started my obsession with image manipulation, or "photo decoupage" doing image fixes for friends, I was a hack, had no idea of what I was doing but I was doing it better than my group of friends.( Still a hack I know)

Cut my teeth doing some air brush work for a few Adult sites, you know remove a blemish here enlarge a...ya get the idea... and got some fame doing funny chops of site members at the same sites. It was fun and playing with the images was cool.

Found a little site called Gods awakening and met some more PS users and started to learn how to use PS a little better, from there I found FARK. FARK was fun and rough and ready and quick, more for the comic value than the technical and very clicky. I learnt alot about cut and paste at fark.

Went from there to Worth1000, great images but to restrained and controlled, but what better way to learn image manipulation...some great tellant there but the site did not suit my cyberstyle...so to speak.

Found this place and yep we have a few problems now and then and yep the voting system aint great, but it’s better than what is out there, and fair...well no system can be completly fair but this one aint as bad as most beleive me. The people here have shown me how to finish a chop and how to make it better...check my Portfolio out from the beginning and you see just how much you can learn from this place.

Never considerd myself a great chopper, never will be...but some time I can produce a great chop and thats fine with me.

ReinMan

Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:11 am   Reply with quote         

I've just learned to tie my shoes!

I can forget about the Velcro now!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

velocity

Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:05 am   Reply with quote         

My mad skills are in Geography. Sometimes we get to create maps with cool colors and stuff. Smile

But really, I spent some time in school in Engineering, Art, Architecture, before ending up in Geography. I enjoy Cartographic Design, but my career path is turning me into a computer programmer.

Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:17 pm   Reply with quote         

I've mostly learned by doing and books, but i have interned at 2 video production facilities, and i picked up alot from some art directors.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Learned by doing mostly. Started out back in 2000 doing crappy photo corrections in Picture It 99 and then went to college and found psc during my last week in school (December 2003) and started doing photomanips for PSC in Picture It 99. I moved to Picture It 2002 as time progressed, but I found the real light by switching to Photoshop 6 back in February of this year, especially with the help of some key members here, such as ledirlo and supak0ma. I upgraded to CS2 a couple months ago and recently purchased my first large book on photoshop, so hopefully I can learn some ways to increase my productivity. Now I'm using PS actively at work for many different projects. Fun stuff.
ReinMan

Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I thought God said "TRAINS" and I told him I'd get one later...

Razz

ReinMan

Post Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:38 am   Reply with quote         

Trains? I'll take the NEXT one?

Get it?

Like, I don't have a brain cause God was calling out BRAINS but I thought She said TRAINS and I said...

Oh, never mind Huh..

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What training do you have? - Reply to topic