Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - USE YOUR VOTES - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:22 pm   Reply with quote         

I've been on this site, enjoying this site and its artists for awhile now. Yes, there's some that come up with FANTASTIC, OVER THE TOP ideas each day...due sometimes to the Advantage Factor...but there's alot of us without that advantage and limited on time who have FABULOUS IDEAS, GOOD WORK, ETC. ETC. and barely a vote is cast by those who reign over all DAY AFTER EFFING DAY. My question is....are those on top casting votes...all their votes OR just basking in the limelight, smug and satisfied that VOTES are all that matters. Yes, I know I'm putting myself out there for all kinds of ridicule and sh#t but wtf!!! Let's hear it! What's your thoughts?

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:57 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm allowed to THINK? Shocked

tallwalker

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:11 am   Reply with quote         

I know marcos and reyrey, two of those on top...have been very good to me. But I do understand where your coming from. I mean I get as few as 50 people even looking at my work. Of if you average it out, if I get 15 votes from 50 people Im doing pretty good. I dont have advantage either and I know that some of my work isnt the best. I do know I've had some pretty good stuff with limited viewing. But oh well...its still a joy to come on every morning and see what the pic of the day is and try to come up with something to chop it into. I try to get this done within an hour or so.

blue_lurker

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:00 am   Reply with quote         

I vote because some one way more smarter than me, put a little vote button on the bottom of each image. I wish I knew how they did that......

Check this out as well, makes good reading.
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2077
and this also answer some questions
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2903&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

blue_lurker

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:23 am   Reply with quote         

Lrossa

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

hmmm it seems this in another topic that has alread been discussed to death.....maybe we should have an archive place where people can just readily find these thing. Rolling Eyes

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Geeesch! Sorry I didn't know you had a huge debate over but read most of it. Bottom line is doing the best you can and having fun which I do. Still, just interested if everyone uses all their votes. Some of the best entries are very late and no one views them.

Okay, end of subject.

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

after yesterday eve, i will be doing most of my votes on the second day... if someone cant get into the contest by then, sorry

i hope that helps ya out Very Happy

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:56 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
I'm allowed to THINK? Shocked

Whoa, hold up a minute oh man of the moose. Now I don't think anyone said that. Laughing

Queen La Tiff

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:52 pm   Reply with quote         

I make sure I save five votes for the last night of a contest, so that I don't have to put one of those "I would vote, but I'm all out" messages. That's like turning down trick-or-treaters because you gave kids who showed up the first hour a whole handful of candy.

Then again, I'm hardly ever right about anything, so...take it with about fifty grains of salt.

Eepi

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Heeeelllooo!
We all do this for fun.At least I hope so. If you get 100 votes or only one vote, you know that someone else likes your work. I´m an amateur and this is only a hobby for me. Every single vote I get is great. I have good ideas but don´t have the knowhow. Every day I´m learning something new. Maybe some day we´ll all be the winners. Be patient.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:04 pm   Reply with quote         

What I'm saying has nothing to do with winning. I'm just wondering if everyone is using their votes or just receiving them. I keep some aside too. Some late entries on the green bench were fabulous! and others too. We're also all in different time or space zones (more inclined on the space zones) so not all entries are presented at the same time.

Queen, I love your analogy -- it's perfect! (sorta like your entries...)

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:08 pm   Reply with quote         

I am going to assume that whatever the weirdness was with this site running funky last night is why my comments disappeared and not that they were pulled.
Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question Question

ScionShade

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I am going to try to be clear about this.
Are you ACTUALLY saying that the top vote getters don't bother to vote?

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Scion, just for you, I'll try to type very slowly. I am asking if everyone tries to use all of their votes or post their entries and that's it. The good that's come from this forum, I think, is that we're realizing that some very good chops are coming in late, thus, some have chosen to save some votes until they've seen all (or at least the thumbs that look interesting).. Also are artists aware that they can use their remaining votes up to several days after the contest?

Anyway, to be clear, I'm not implying that they're NOT voting rather asking how many on this site try to use all of their votes. ok?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - USE YOUR VOTES - Reply to topic