Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - USE YOUR VOTES - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ScionShade

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing
I totally agree!! That's why i'm enjoying this wonderful conversation
that you are so reticent to end. Very Happy

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:47 pm   Reply with quote         

I vote sporadically...there's a pretty good correlation between how busy I am in real life, and whether or not I've actually posted myself.

I try to encourage noobs, perhaps, Scion could tell me if I've ever voted for you Eve, I'd suspect I have.

But when I'm busy IRL I don't vote in every contest, nor do I use all 25 votes. When I'm bored, I may use 25 votes.

PSC is entertainment to me...when I have time I have time. However, I am guilty of NOT voting sometimes, just because I think a picture is OVER voted.

And kitty? I used to vote for her, but not anymore. Laughing

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:58 pm   Reply with quote         

All I know is I'm NEVER gonna vote for EVE or SCION ever again 'cause they talk TOO MUCH!!!! Razz

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Nancers, I think you voted for me once. It was the highlight of my life. Wink

Now great, I'm making enemies with everyone just for trying to get along with Scion so he'll maybe, quite possibly vote for one of my entries. Can't you guys tell I'm trying to woo him with my ....ah....oh, witty sense of humor and ....ah.... compliments (and they ARE sincere, Scion, on the life of my child I swear.) btw--would you be interested in adopting a teenage girl (he-he). I know you're a family man and you live across the ocean...that would probably be far enough in her mind.

Enough banter, I have a job, dammit. Well, I think I still have a job.

Post Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:31 pm   Reply with quote         

HA! Don't worry Eve,
There is NOONE that I won't vote for.
I was BSing- I have voted for your images!!! Very Happy
The only time I withhold votes is for over-voting. Smile

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:28 am   Reply with quote         

Not that this thread needs to go on. As I've seen and it's been pointed out to me, this subject has been beaten to death. I've reviewed some of the "old-timer" entries and am aghast -- AGHAST -- that so much talent and gorgeous work has tallied votes of 0 to 2.

If simple arrogance is to blame, that's a shame. If life gets in the way of getting us to pay attention to ALL those participants, that's a shame. All I know is this subject has been discussed at great length so I'm sorry for bringing it up again.

Maybe we just need to be reminded that IF this is IMPORTANT to us (as it is to me) then it requires/demands attention to ALL who submit entries. That's the name of the game. We are artists, we are teachers and students, we are awesome!!!

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:09 am   Reply with quote         

Where do I sign UP!!!
I'll take FIVE..wait..nonono make that SIX!!!!
AWW HELL! GIMME A WHOLE CASE!

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:35 am   Reply with quote         

There seem s to be much debate on whether or not some one uses all there votes. I don't have any votes yet but - isn't a vote like money? Am I obligated to spend every dollar I make as soon as I get it. Sometimes I go to the store and don't see anything I want. Should I still buy because I have money? A vote is not an acknowledgement it is an award. If you do something of merit you have earned a vote. That said, I believe votes are given away too freely and to soon. Many times I have seen people write "nice work..sorry out of votes" at 11:00 am. What are you doing giving all your votes before people who wish to take time and post their best work have a chance to enter. Its not a race nor is it a competition, there are no winners or losers. Just relax have fun. All the work here is creative and well done. The votes reflect nothing. Who cares, friends are always going to vote for friends.
Eve, wanna be friends.

Biko

ScionShade

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:16 am   Reply with quote         

That's about the nicest attitude and the most
intelligent diatribe I have ever seen from someone so new.
CHEEERS! CHEERS!

sage

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:02 pm   Reply with quote         

someday, someone will write a song about him!

ScionShade

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:03 pm   Reply with quote         

biko does have a certain ring to it,
nostalgic, yet romantic,yet so so so very....very.
Are you a Canadian biko?
Aside from blaming me for all their problems, I find Canadians to be very level
headed people for the most part.
or is that mooses, you can never tell who youre talking to online. Razz

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:15 pm   Reply with quote         

If I'm interpreting what Biko is saying, he/she's simply restating what I've been saying. Nobody HAS to use all their votes all of the time. I go shopping all the time and leave the mall empty-handed somedays. What Biko and I are asking is that those who contribute to the contests take some time to look at the entries and not rush through. And, yes, Biko, I look forward to becoming your friend. Very Happy

Post Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:57 pm   Reply with quote         

I am unable to vote yet - but would have loved to a few times! Mad

I love looking at all of this work! Smile

Meeshoo Klan

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:21 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
I've been on this site, enjoying this site and its artists for awhile now. Yes, there's some that come up with FANTASTIC, OVER THE TOP ideas each day...due sometimes to the Advantage Factor...but there's alot of us without that advantage and limited on time who have FABULOUS IDEAS, GOOD WORK, ETC. ETC. and barely a vote is cast by those who reign over all DAY AFTER EFFING DAY. My question is....are those on top casting votes...all their votes OR just basking in the limelight, smug and satisfied that VOTES are all that matters. Yes, I know I'm putting myself out there for all kinds of ridicule and sh#t but wtf!!! Let's hear it! What's your thoughts?

Agree with U!!!! I don`t have any advantage... except verbal/writing fights with Showcase & Co. I post a lot.... but I quit cause..... dis site is new day after day. I love old PSC site! but...
Now I take a look when I have time, I hit da vote... Vote 4 what I like!!!! Clear????

Post Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:34 am   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
PSC is entertainment to me...when I have time I have time. However, I am guilty of NOT voting sometimes, just because I think a picture is OVER voted.

When I think a pic is Over voted, I don`t eat shit like others (Show "Blindy" Case & Co). Simple,.... I don`t vote! Is 2 simple 4 all of U guys? If U don`t like a post... don`t vote! Consider dis a real PSC problem!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - USE YOUR VOTES - Reply to topic