Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - New Idea? - Reply to topic

tabby275

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

It seems to me with all the discussion concerning voting lately there needs to be some guidelines.
Just a suggestion:
Give all contestants a time limit to post, say by 2pm of said day. Then allow voting to begin. That way, all the first posts or pre posts will not accumulate (or they might if they deserve them) all the votes. Just trying to think of a way to possible delay voting until all posts are in or most all. This way, no one can complain about not getting votes due to posting later. What you think???

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

i second that motion.... doubt they will impliment it though...
im really trying to atleast save half my votes for the next morning... a atleast get your entry in on the first day type thing.

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:29 pm   Reply with quote         

then why would anyone buy the ADVANTAGE?

tabby275

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:16 pm   Reply with quote         

This wouldn't interfer with Advantage, those choppers without it would only have their time shortened to post before the voting started. You should still be able to post anytime but say, if you have your posts in by 2pm ( fictious time) you will be in on the onset of the voting time. Those with Advantage will still have their early post times and pics to view before hand. It would only set a starting time for voting to begin each day.

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:29 pm   Reply with quote         

so everyone that can chop fast now has the advantage over those who take their time to do good work?
I'm not sure I'm following the idea here.

tabby275

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, here's my idea in a nutshell:
Everything stays the same but.... voting has a starting time and those who want to be in on the initial voting would have their posts in by that time whether they have Advantage or not. There has been so many complaints as of late about how all the first posts get all the votes, this would just make it a level playing field, so to speak. It'sjust a suggestion Confused

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:26 pm   Reply with quote         

tabby275 wrote:
... this would just make it a level playing field, so to speak.

It will never be a level playing field-- and why should it?

It's not just Advantage that gives people, er... an advantage. Some people are simply more talented than others. Some people will never win a contest here, no matter how hard they try, or how many steps are taken by the PSC folks to try to equalize things.

That's life.

Robaccomando

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

*yawn*

blue_lurker

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Well thats great, Im a shift worker...I may not be able to get on line for 2-3 days so I may as well just not post any more. It works well as it is...its cheap...and if you dont want to fork out the dollars...you still get to post free...find another site that offers you this type of contest free...

BTW to make voting fair...take the time to vote and look at the images...I look at every image
1st day 10 votes
2nd day 10 votes
and if I get the chance last day5 votes

But I do have a life and some times because of work I dont always get to do this...voting is a choice...we each use our votes as we see fit. Changing the system will just cause another group to feel dis-advantaged...lets face the facts you cant make everone happy...and to tell the truth if the chop is strong and well done it will get the votes it deserves.

My two cents.

tabby275

Post Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:39 pm   Reply with quote         

OK, OK, enuf said, consider this a dead thread (oh no the rhyming thing again) lol
Like I said in the beginning, it was only a suggestion, don't change things, I'm happy with the way they are. Smile

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - New Idea? - Reply to topic