Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - What about no entry borders. - Reply to topic

<senzotaku>

Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:01 am   Reply with quote         

What about setting the border="0" so the there is no border arround the entry piture`s in a contest. I hit upun this idea when I saw billtvshow`s dog kiwi entry:[url=http://http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/87968/kiwi-dog.html ]Check here[/url] Then entry`s with a white background are blending the entry with the site if there`s no border. I think that would be nice. And of you want to have a border you can create your own.

Please some reply`s and comments about this idea.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:04 am   Reply with quote         

or you could have a little toggle button for yes or no to border when you submit, I must agree the white background entries would look great just carrying on into the page with no boundry. I never do any of these, but I like creating scenes, thats just me

nice idea Senzy Very Happy

<senzotaku>

Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
or you could have a little toggle button for yes or no to border when you submit, I must agree the white background entries would look great just carrying on into the page with no boundry. I never do any of these, but I like creating scenes, thats just me

nice idea Senzy Very Happy

Yeah, nice idea upgrading marco. That would be even better. For everbody something. Smile

check

Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:36 pm   Reply with quote         

i support this idea!

mint

Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:20 pm   Reply with quote         

But.. the PSC page background where the images are is not white, it is light grey (#F8F8F8).
So you would have make your image bg the exact shade of grey.. Or JMH would have to change the page colours.

I don't think it's a good idea, I find the border to be ok, if some pics had border and some not, the site would not look consistent.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

thats a good point too mint, and your right, it is a very ligth grey, I noticed shortly after I posted me response

<senzotaku>

Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:29 pm   Reply with quote         

mint wrote:
But.. the PSC page background where the images are is not white, it is light grey (#F8F8F8).
So you would have make your image bg the exact shade of grey.. Or JMH would have to change the page colours.

I don't think it's a good idea, I find the border to be ok, if some pics had border and some not, the site would not look consistent.

Heh, didn`t noticed the background color was actualy light grey(#F8F8F8) thats possible to work with I think. There`s no need to change the background color. But pscers could ad an own border in photoshop arround the picture. Or just choose border none when posting it. (there are not many people how will use it, but in case youre using that light grey(#F8F8F8) it looks allot better. And I think the speed will also will go faster without borders. And how many people will use non-borden if its possible? Ia few in a week probely or less. Would that influence the consistance of the site? I think not....

Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok Senzo, you seem to want it more that I don't want it.. Smile I don't care much, but I think it would be a gimmick.

Also think of that if you have a border, you can place the elements in a way you like, for example you put your object in left bottom corner.
Imagine no borders, the way you don't have so much control over your composition, because the space would spread.

I reckon you can present your white background image better with a non-obtrusive border..

<senzotaku>

Post Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:27 pm   Reply with quote         

There should be more people posting a reply about this one. I wish a had made a poll about this sugestion, This topic had more that 80 views and only 8 reply`s with this one. Hehe, I like to hear from others how they think about it.

Yellow piggy is supporting this one, Mint for 1/2% I think and marco hmmmm...lets say 3/4? Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - What about no entry borders. - Reply to topic