Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Colorize - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

wcgems

Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Got rid of the yellowish skin tone.

jerry717

Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
thanks jerry for those tips from a master!
wcgems, try and give them a more natural skin color. the one on the left seems affected by severe liver problems Razz

btw, how did i do? anyone?

YW Supa...and yours is quite good.

ReyRey

Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah splodge that site was pretty impressive Very Happy

ReyRey

Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks everyone for the participation. This is great.

Patre

Post Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:35 pm   Reply with quote         

After I reposted what I thought was a much cleaner and improved image a few minutes ago, I revisited the image and noticed that the color blending was poor far beyond what I Believed I had seen on the earlier inspections. So I reduced it in size and decided to repost it here. I would be most appreciative of anyone who would take a few minutes and point out all the flaws you see in the picture. It is not necessary to tell me how to repair them, I just want to see how much I am really missing when evaluating an image to determine whether or not the colorization is true and believable. It is ok to use this or the larger size image for the purpose inspecting for flaws. The reduced size may hide some of the problems in the image shown below.

ReyRey, I now understand why you said this is very hard to do!!
Thanks,
Patre Smile

mikey

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:29 am   Reply with quote         

Your about 90% there"..work on the skin tone and hair a bit more and you'll be doing alright"

Patre

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:46 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Mikey.. Smile

mikey

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Patre

Post Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Mikey,
I like your color changes and the precision of their integration with the different elements in the picture. I'm wondering if the faces are overexposed, or if I am just focusing too much on the white and don't understand how that color blends with the rest of the picture?

wcgems

Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:55 am   Reply with quote         

I agree, the faces LOOK a little too white. But then I looked at the picture and thought that it was most likekly taken with a flash. And at that distance it would probably wash them out a bit. Still, you want to make the photo BETTER. Even if it was that way in color you would want to tone it down a bit to make it look a bit more natural.

ReyRey

Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:05 pm   Reply with quote         

The best way to judge your work is to find a good image online of a similar person to compare it to.
Ex: asian girl with dark hair. Compare the two side by side. You should also use the color image that you find to sample colors from. Work in sections. Sample the fore head, then the cheeks, then the chin, then the eyes, You will see how different the colors are in each area.
Dodging and burning in areas helps alot too. Here is an example I took from Mikeys image. I burned certain areas.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Notice how rich the lips look. The burn tool can also be dangerous. Be carefull.

Patre

Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks Reyrey for the tips. I clicked the link to your "after" image, but it won't access the site. I am using Netscape as my default brower, so maybe that is the problem; I will try internet Explorer and see what happens. Just tryed to make the link work in Explorer, but it won't work there either. All I get is a box with a small red x in it.

ReyRey

Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Patre,
i am using Safari (Mac) and I don't see links. I see the actual images. It looks fine. Not sure why you are not seeing them.
To everyone: Is anyone else not seeing them?

Patre

Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Still no image, Reyrey, just the small box with a red diamond in it. The red x has disappeared.
I should have noted that the "before" image is visible; Only the "after" doesn't show.

Patre

Post Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

It works now, Thanks Reyrey..

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Colorize - Reply to topic