Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Undervoted - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

nubie

Post Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Does anyone really care about votes......this is a great place to just have other people comment on something you created.was the Mona Lisa voted on?
Probably a good thing because Leonardo would have complained that Marco B. got all the votes. Just be happy you have a place to post. I am just as happy with comments as I am votes. I hate to see that 70 people viewed my post and only 2 commented or voted.
I like to hear what people have to say more than getting votes( I do like votes too!!!)
sit back and enjoy the ride

nubie

Post Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:40 pm   Reply with quote         

and Rey is righ there are great posts that I have gotten more votes than and my skill level is beneath most Hence the name. I will change the name when I get the most votes in a contest. But I am the cut and paste guy Rey spoke of but everyday I get a little better wheter it shows or not ! this is an awsome place to learn

jefflang007

Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:54 am   Reply with quote         

rockymike, thanks mate I am really flattered that you have mentioned me as on of the undervoted, Sure check my portfolio and i have pasted some crap, however there have been times where i have posted what i am sure was a winner and the best i have ever run is third. If i ever get a pole position i am sure i will drop dead on the spot......well after i finish masterbating at least!!

thanks again!

DaVinci

Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Rey, I know what you mean...sometimes I see very good entrys who got beaten by les good entrys! Of course the advantage people got their advantage Smile Than when I am done with my entry, the number 1 contender has already 15 votes...that's hard to beat, but hey winning isn't the most important thing, the fun is Smile

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I usually just watch as my hard work goes mostly unnoticed. Sad haha, but seriously I love photoshopping and I try not to let voting getting to me, but it sucks to see all of your hard work not get commented on.

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with freebirth....the chopping is great fun, but it is disappointing to not even get comments. I just love doing it....

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:56 pm   Reply with quote         

yeah i feel the voting thing is a bit off, because the winner may not even be the best.. but it's all just for fun and self esteem though. I don't really mind it. I don't really get many comments or votes but it doesn't bother me, it gives me something fun to do for the 3 hour period I'm in a vocational class for graphic design. Smile

Post Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Bluesbro is right. I won't say anything else for fear of mentioning my Gazelle chop. whoops...

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:58 am   Reply with quote         

Hey Rey Rey, why don't U edit Ur opening post and copy the 3 links that ar mentioned. Maybe it becomes a nice list in a while?

By the way I would call them "Late but Great" insted of "undervoted". Think positiv Wink

Greeting Torsten

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:46 am   Reply with quote         

Rolling Eyes Question

karell

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:17 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey wrote:
Rolling Eyes Question

Laughing Question Wink

Robaccomando

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Here's how to get lots of votes:

1) post in chat alot
2) post in the forums alot
3) PM everybody and tell them how great their work is

This will make you popular. Popular = votes. Wink

Oh, and then in the mean time, try to get better at chopping. Wink

zebob

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         

i think this whole issue could be dealt with if the entries had anoynomous creaters. if you get what i mean. that way you dont know who you vote for so you cant take favorites just like in the H2H.

Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:18 pm   Reply with quote         

zebob wrote:
i think this whole issue could be dealt with if the entries had anoynomous creaters. if you get what i mean. that way you dont know who you vote for so you cant take favorites just like in the H2H.

Zebob, read this. http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2898&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Cool

Lrossa

Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:57 am   Reply with quote         

yea!! lets bring back the "beating a dead horse" debate! anon or non-anon! Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Undervoted - Reply to topic