Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Professional artists? - Reply to topic

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:16 am   Reply with quote         

Sometimes I am just flabbergasted by how amazing some of your guys' stuff is and it brings me to the question: are any of you professional artists and if not how did you get into photoshop?

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:29 am   Reply with quote         

I have used photoshop for a little under a year. I am planning on attending college in Detroit at an art school, and from there on intend to become some sort of artist, from game developing, or auto design, or if those dont work out, will simply become a graphic artist for hire.

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:58 am   Reply with quote         

I have used photoshop for I dunno.... 9 months
My Dad got PS7 from the college he teaches at for 30$.
I'm 14 so I dont do much buisness but Ii use it for this site mainly
and some on this site http://pixeladdiction.com

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Yes I'm a professional artist" drawing, painting, signs, portraits, and crafts for 30 years, I discovered photoshop in 1999" and it blew my mind!.. I have had some paying job's with photoshop also, CD covers, bookcovers, illustration and some greeting card design. but I will never put down the paint brush and sketch pad because traditional art" will always be a big part of life" .. to see the texture, brush strokes and material used is what's special about traditional art" also the handling of the tools used to create" Photoshop is magical and fantastic too though! ~ I will never get tired of it because of the amazing things you can do in a short amount of time!.. and the infinite instant effects it can do... Cool

Alex

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah... I'm a professional. Don't try this at home.

Post Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm a pro, but still get paid like I'm in the bush league.

ayok

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm no artist.. just have that talent.. well.. people said.. and I'm crazy about your compliments on psc..

I'm still looking for the opportunity to make money from this damn fun thing.. Perhaps i will take some formal education about it.. but that won't be fun anymore!

I don't know anything about other design softwares like illustrator, 3d max, correldraw etc.

seamusoisin

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Photoshop and making money.

At my age I am not going to make a career change, but if I wanted to make money with photoshop I would visit places like Mail Boxes, now the UPS store and offer my services to these people. These people provide graphic services to a variety of small businesses and most of them have a little skill in making business cards, letterhead, etc. You could expand their service by providing them with some more sophisticated art work which would give them a larger potential market.

I have friends who have started a business and had cards made that looked just plain amatuerish. I spruced up their image created a small web site for them and gave them an illusion of professionalism that they did not posses before. While I did this as a favour surely I could of charged them if I had wanted.

Remember you have an imagination that you can transfer to a digital media not a common skill by far.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Professional artists? - Reply to topic