Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - the trees are invading!!!! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

listen2WEEN

Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:49 pm   Reply with quote         

why so many christmas posts. sure the season is here, but that should not mean that everybody puts a christmas tree in their post.. does anyone agree?

Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:58 pm   Reply with quote         

i agree... apple trees are more original... and more healthy too! Exclamation

Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Fempie...you have such a dry sense of humor......i love it! Very Happy

D3adkl0wn

Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:46 pm   Reply with quote         

maybe it's cause there weren't enough ideas floating in the pool to make a totally original chop??? i mean i didn't have a clue on what to do after i saw that the padded room idea was gone...

ScionShade

Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:58 pm   Reply with quote         

*sigh* there have been weeks where there's been fifty 'puke posts', and it didn't bother anybody at all.....*sigh*

Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Maybe we should call them Holiday trees. We don't want to offend anyone! Rolling Eyes

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:38 am   Reply with quote         

lol speaking of stupid politically correctness.

A school in somerset here in England has banned the sending of christmas cards so not to offend other religious groups, and also becuase they are a waste of environmental resources

jobcentre plus offices also here in England have banned christmas decorations in most of their offices for fear of offending aspects of the community, and also as a danger to staff????? Shocked

and like mase says, there is a metric ton of other xms related fun that has been banned at fear of offeding other races or religions.....

now I am not in the slightest racist, I have many friends from other religions and races.... but my point here is

WHAT THE F**K IS GOING ON IN THIS CRAZY WORLD WHEN YOU CAN'T SEND A CARD TO SOMEONE ELSE???

ok rant over

time to burn the xmas tree at fear of being arrested Rolling Eyes

Eepi

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:52 am   Reply with quote         

This might be a non offending post card.

TheShaman

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:13 am   Reply with quote         

I totally agree WEEN, and at first I wasn't going to enter that contest... Then I saw all the christmas trees and decided that I needed to do a service announcement.... Laughing

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:54 am   Reply with quote         

I would only start wondering about the Christmas trees if we were in July.

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:14 pm   Reply with quote         

mikey

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:12 pm   Reply with quote         

What Tree?

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:34 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:

A school in somerset here in England has banned the sending of christmas cards so not to offend other religious groups, and also becuase they are a waste of environmental resources

jobcentre plus offices also here in England have banned christmas decorations in most of their offices for fear of offending aspects of the community, and also as a danger to staff????? Shocked

and like mase says, there is a metric ton of other xms related fun that has been banned at fear of offeding other races or religions.....

now I am not in the slightest racist, I have many friends from other religions and races.... but my point here is

WHAT THE F**K IS GOING ON IN THIS CRAZY WORLD WHEN YOU CAN'T SEND A CARD TO SOMEONE ELSE???

time to burn the xmas tree at fear of being arrested Rolling Eyes

Here in the States...in my remote part of it...there are some groups who want to change public "Christmas Trees" into "Holiday Trees"...lose the Nativity scenes...almost make everything...generic! Not that I'm a terribly religous person (Buddhism appeals to me more and more!) but...aren't people forgetting why Christmas is observed?

To put it another way...would you change Ramadan into "The 40 Day Food Strike" fearing it would somehow "offend" a particular group?

The whole "Christmas Season" is WAAAY out of balance, if you ask me...more a commercial racket than anything else anymore...I mean, my birthday is in August...This year, 2 FULL WEEKS BEFORE my birthday there were Halloween items to be purchased...AND Christmas decorations...IN F*****G AUGUST!

splodge

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:44 pm   Reply with quote         

christmass was invented by the christians to replace the pagan festival to celibrate the end of one year and the start of a new one, (winter solstice) 22 december, same with easter, spring equinox, 20th march when the pagans celibrated the earth coming back to life after the winter, harvest fesival autum equinox 22 september when the pagans cellibrated the harvest, i geuss we pagans won that one.
the only pagan festival the christains did not take over was the summer solstice, but i bet they tryed
Twisted Evil

Hallcross Toots

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:46 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
christmass was invented by the christians to replace the pagan festival to celibrate the end of one year and the start of a new one, (winter solstice) 22 december, same with easter, spring equinox, 20th march when the pagans celibrated the earth coming back to life after the winter, harvest fesival autum equinox 22 september when the pagans cellibrated the harvest, i geuss we pagans won that one.
the only pagan festival the christains did not take over was the summer solstice, but i bet they tryed
Twisted Evil

Ya know, Splodge...christians took over and replaced a lot, didn't they?...no offense to any christians out there!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - the trees are invading!!!! - Reply to topic