Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - *** The Photoshoppers' corner *** - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

fempie

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:53 am   Reply with quote         

wow.. the world is sometimes very small!
Congrats!!!

splodge

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
Kansas

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Someone told me that my moniter may be off... Ventured into google and did this... I think it just fixed it for me...

http://www.easyrgb.com/index.html

I know all the old timers know these things, but I didn't so thought I would post it for others.

dunno

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:05 pm   Reply with quote         

you've got a color monitor? Shocked

sage

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing dunno!

way to go, Kansas!

Kansas

Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Just checking in to see if anyone has learned any new techniques lately? I haven't had to go too far with learning new things since everyone so kindly hooked me up with all the tutorials.

Anyone here use any plug in's.. I was playing around with some and found them to be very interesting.

The strand was a little quiet so I thought I'd start a conversation.

Thanks..Kathy

dunno

Post Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         

there are pretty funny plugins, indeed... however, i think i only use the PS-build-in stuff... its a bit like cake... do you like the selfmade more, or the one from the supermarket? Smile

...problem is, i can't bake... Confused

Kansas

Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:30 am   Reply with quote         

Are plug-ins frowned upon? I was thinking about buying some. Just curious how others feel about plug-ins.

Kansas

Post Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:28 pm   Reply with quote         

What are the steps for making the profile picture the correct size? Mine is so small you can't see it. I thought I had it, but then I something happened and I can't seem to get it right... arg.. Frustration has set in and I am stopping.. Thanks.

Patre

Post Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:11 am   Reply with quote         

Kansas, I checked your avatar image and it is 50 x 27 pixels and 1.1+ kilobytes. Therefore,you have a lot a room to make the avatar grow. Your avatar can be 70 x 70 pixels and six kilobytes. Here are some ideas.

1. Take the image you want to use as an avatar into the photoshop program. 2. Select the "Image" menu at the top of the photoshop interface page. Click on it. Then select "Image size" from the drop down menu. When the image size command menu appears, you can check "constrain proportions" and then put 70 in the width image size box, The length box will automatically change to the correct proportional length. Or you can uncheck the constrain proportions box and put 70 in each box. Just know that if you do that, the proportions of the image might not match the original image. After you have changed the image size, click OK.

3.Next go to the "file"menu at the top of the interface page and to the left of the "image" menu you just used. Click on the" file" menu and select "Save for web" from the listed menu options. A screen will appear and your picture will be displayed on it. At the bottom left of the display window, you will see the size of the image in KB. At the top right of the window will be the "save", cancel and done" commands. Just below those command tabs is a text box window named"preset". Ignore that box for this project. Just to the left( as you view it) and under the "preset" text box, there are two more text boxes. The top one allows you to create the saved picture as a jpeg, gif. etc. If your pic is a gif, select the scroll arrow to the right of the text box and select gif. If jpeg select jpeg.
4.Then go to the "quality" text box and click on the arrow which will open a slider
tool. Move this slider to the right and left and watch the size of the image increase and decrease at the bottom left of the display window. When the image reaches 6kb, leave the slider at the 6kb position. Then, click the "Save" command tab at the top right of the page. Sometimes even when the image is at maximum quality-100%, it will not be 6kb. If you actually want the image to be 6kb, you can always go back to square one and change the pixel size and retrace your steps through the Save for web process.

I have made this more lengthy than it probably needed to be, but I wanted to make sure the steps were covered a little more precisely because I don't know the level of your photoshop knowledge and/or experience.
Pat(Patre)

Kansas

Post Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:08 am   Reply with quote         

[
I have made this more lengthy than it probably needed to be, but I wanted to make sure the steps were covered a little more precisely because I don't know the level of your photoshop knowledge and/or experience.
Pat(Patre)[/quote]

Actually this is exactly what I was looking for. that is why I asked the question at Photoshop corner. It's posted in the new comer section and now if someone has the same problemo we will be able to refer anyone to this lovely description you just posted...

Thanks Pat..What a great guy!

Post Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:23 pm   Reply with quote         

I feel like an idiot. Ive used photoshop for a long time and only just discovered the extract
filter.
Its a tool used for quick selection. works pretty good.
Doh! Doh! Doh!

Post Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I just had to tell somebody! Got a Canon Rebel XT for Christmas....Holy crap superman... how cool is that! Looks like the owners manual is big enough to choke a horse. Looking forward to taking some awesome photo's. Maybe I can even take some source photos for PSC. That would be a load of fun. Merry Christmas.

Post Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Congrats Kansas, I have heard that is one heck of a camera! Hope it gives you much pleasure and and the joy of shooting terrific photographs! Smile

Post Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

hi there i have a few questions about ps7 but before that hope u all had a great xmas and all the best for 2006!
ive been using ps for about a year now there's so much to know but can you tell me if i was to get a job designing something and if the client was to ask, does it matter what version of photoshop i was using eg is it frowened upon if i dont have the latest version?
2. if i was to design a cd cover or a logo simple or complex how long do you think is a good time frame to ask for as standered?
3.Does anyone use imageready?, i never really see much info or tutorials on it ,does this mean people dont care if you know it or not? i would like to know if anyone knows any imageready sites with tutorials cause i dont know flash YET! but i do a little web design and i would like to have some movement on the page instead of everything being static. Hope this is not to much for u guys all help welcome thanx Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - *** The Photoshoppers' corner *** - Reply to topic