Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Colorize - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

ReyRey

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey Tofu,
That last tut was almost the way I do it. I use another image for color samples. Try and find someone with similar skin. Why guess what colors to use when there is so much great reference out there.

Kansas

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:17 am   Reply with quote         

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/83839/votes.html

I was the most impressed with this post. I was amazed at how real mupshur made the colorization look. Looks like Mupshur has the key to something I don't yet understand!

Also this was really trippy...I was looking at this strand and saw the girl you were colorizing and it kind of freaked my out because a girl at my kid's middle school was just killed and the girls look like they could be twins.

Look at Bridgett Cooper. http://www.legacy.com/Kansas/DeathNotices.asp?Page=SearchResults

Then look at her: http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3489

Twilightzone music now plays and fades...

Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:05 am   Reply with quote         

This is my first attempt and I choose different colors to see how it looks with more than one color.
United Colors of Benetton Smile

P.S I took the source from volkswes since I could not find the original.

Here is another one with one color only

flamur

Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:13 am   Reply with quote         

Here is another one.

mikey

Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Give this one a try" ~ Cool

flamur

Post Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Here is my try, Mikey.

I done another two with different colors, but I will only add the links so you can view it.

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/126/colorisedsubject1yx.jpg

and this one

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/7093/colorisedsubjectdarker0kr.jpg

Chode

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Well saw this post and thought I would give it a try kind of crappy job but not bad for my first try any ideas on improving please!
Source Image:

PS Image:
[/img]

mikey

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:35 pm   Reply with quote         

flamur

Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:27 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
Chode wrote
Well saw this post and thought I would give it a try kind of crappy job but not bad for my first try any ideas on improving please!

It looks nice Chode, but again I am not an expert.
I myself am still waiting for ReyRey and other experts to comment on my colorising.
Hope they will come one day and give us both some tips Smile

ReyRey

Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Sorry folks,
Been a bit busy lately. Great attempt Chode! Well done. Try a bigger image next time with more detail. You can tell a good colorize by looking at your own skin. Does your skin or hair look like that. If you saw someone walking down the street with skin like that, would you run away thinking it was a vampire? Before doing a colorize, pick a color picture from the web that looks like what you want your image to look like. Use this image to sample colors from and compare side by side. Most of the images that I have seen so far in this thread were well done but still electric looking. Remember to compare to a real color image.
Flamur,
You have been busy. Good work. Very creative. The last girls hair that you did looks a bit green. Also look at the group shot that you did. Nice job on the clothes. Do the girls skin tones look real or like painted dolls. Nobody's skin is the same color everywhere. This is a mistake that most people make. They pick a color that they think looks like flesh and then they paint the whole body with it usually set to colorise or hue. That will not make a good image. You need to mix up the colors. Remember peoples faces have blood in them. That is what makes you blush. Your skin is usually redder in the cheeks and hands. Check out this link http://media.dabu.com/users/dylan/originals/234_3483_r1.jpg
Look at the color shifts in the guys face. It is yellow in some areas and red in others, Some areas it is almost gray.
Good attempts by everyone. Keep it up. Keep studying the face. Look at your own face and hands. Look at your hands, Your knuckles are probably pink compared to the rest of your hands. Use this knowledge, Good luck all. Have fun. Thanks for the input.

mikey

Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Chode

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:52 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Sorry folks,
Been a bit busy lately. Great attempt Chode! Well done. Try a bigger image next time with more detail. You can tell a good colorize by looking at your own skin. Does your skin or hair look like that. If you saw someone walking down the street with skin like that, would you run away thinking it was a vampire? Before doing a colorize, pick a color picture from the web that looks like what you want your image to look like. Use this image to sample colors from and compare side by side. Most of the images that I have seen so far in this thread were well done but still electric looking. Remember to compare to a real color image.

thanks for the Tip's !

ReyRey

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 am   Reply with quote         

You compare and tell me. What does the first image need to look better.

mikey

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:00 am   Reply with quote         

Alright Rey, could you do one of the image I did? show us what its all about? that marilyn you posted is beautiful! great tutorial example" I'll work on the one I did and try to improve it ~ Cool

ReyRey

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:01 am   Reply with quote         

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Colorize - Reply to topic