Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - needs to be said *again* - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

armogeden

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

i didnt wanna say anything yesterday about the particular user but this time he went too far!

claudiolky made an amazing chop today for the 'featured pic' (http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/91307/storm.html) , only to be ripped off by a mirror of the same user i was complaining about yesterday (see this needs to be said poll). so whats the damage this this time? powerpraise100 has now removed the offending article through ebarassment but it used to be a mirror of storm by claudiolky. thats plagerism and surely a bannable offence!

ps. check out his portfolio http://photoshopcontest.com/portfolio/15409/browse.html can he not get ideas of his own!

damn this guy hes pissing me off Mad

ps i didnt know he copied it before i voted so dont look at me like that Sad

armo out

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:31 am   Reply with quote         

You guys need to start taking a harder stance on cheaters. I say ban too

It's kind of ironic that it's Claud he chose to rip off considering Claud has recently cheated himself.

ScionShade

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:06 pm   Reply with quote         

HAHAH!!! ONE POINT to DOC!

Ayatolla

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:14 pm   Reply with quote         

It's really not something we endorse over here. In other words, what a goober. Ban him, then kick him in the n***s !

ReinMan

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I prefer OLD SPICE, but if you guys wanna us BAN then that's okay with me.

As long as it makes the stink go away...

Showcase

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Does it really matter? The member is obviously taking short cuts but are you really "pissed" that much? I mean, it is just a fun site right? Dont let it bother you. If you wanna complain about something, why not concentrate on the way people get votes for posting their very own original garbage. Smile

If something has to be done, maybe a suspension would be better than old spice...or banning. I think just bring it out to the public like this should ruin the members chances of having any kind of success here.

If, every time one of you feels some offense from the actions of another member,, there wont be many of us left if they're all banned.

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd sacrifice numbers in favor of fairness.

Stealing other people's work is something that can't be tolerated.

mikey

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:07 pm   Reply with quote         

If you really like someone's idea" you could PM them and ask them how they did their picture? and if there's any resources they know of that could direct you to either an image site/photo's for idea's" or tutorials that can help you with some photoshop techniques" Cool I think they would be glad to help" People are very helpful around here" Wink

nubie

Post Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:22 pm   Reply with quote         

i didnt wanna say anything yesterday about the particular user but this time he went too far!

claudiolky made an amazing chop today for the 'featured pic' (http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/91307/storm.html) , only to be ripped off by a mirror of the same user i was complaining about yesterday (see this needs to be said poll). so whats the damage this this time? powerpraise100 has now removed the offending article through ebarassment but it used to be a mirror of storm by claudiolky. thats plagerism and surely a bannable offence!

ps. check out his portfolio http://photoshopcontest.com/portfolio/15409/browse.html can he not get ideas of his own!

damn this guy hes pissing me off

ps i didnt know he copied it before i voted so dont look at me like that

Nubie out

P.S Just kidding

macdaddy

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Are you sure its not just dumb bad luck I just spent a whole lot of time doing a Mt Rushmore for the chalk image only to find out someone else has posted one I am pretty sure I started mine first as there were only 8 entries when i had the idea but I won't post it now out of respect for the other guy shi* happens!

I guess its upto the mods to sort out

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Dude, post it. just because someone else also had a similar idea doesn't mean you're copying them. Look at the tile one, there has to be at least 4 Giraffe entries! BUT, they are all different, and some people may like your Rushmore but not the other. Its ok to post it!

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:29 pm   Reply with quote         

................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................

macd: here is a bunch of periods. Feel free to use them. Razz

arcaico

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         

have to say it...

har @ sage

done.

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:46 pm   Reply with quote         

It is one thing to get ideas from someones work, to get your thought process working, but when you flat out copy their work that is wrong. If I get an idea from someone else I change it so much it doesn't look anything like it. After all I want it to be mine.

Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I only know about stealing hearts.. *kiss*

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - needs to be said *again* - Reply to topic