Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Pet Peeves -- What Are Yours? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

mere_artist

Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:09 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with Shaman.
I also hate people who don't use their, they're and there properly; and when they don't use it's and its properly as well. I didn't always feel this way, but I think it's because when I was a child I had to learn my spelling and my grammar and maintain at least a B average in English or I would get my ass handed to me by my parents. My brothers and I also had to learn how to keep our elbows off the table, hold a fork properly, chew with our mouths closed and not talk with food in our mouths or suffer the same beatings. Maybe I'm just jealous that I was actually raised by parents who gave a #$@$ how I turned out while obviously there are many people out there who didn't get enough beatings!!! My other pet peeve is parents who do not raise their children properly. When I went to the mall as a child, if I yelled or screamed I got the old duct tape across the mouth. If I ran around I got tied to the stoller. If I cursed I got a mouth full of soap and when I learned to bite the soap to keep it away from my tongue, my mother switched to the liquid soap. One pump for saying the 'S' word, two pumps for saying the 'F' word, three hundred and three pumps for saying GODDAMMIT THIS F@#$ING SOAP TASTES LIKE S@#T YOU C#%K S@#$ING B@$#H. And there was no wasting food in my house, no sir. We had to eat everything on our plate whether we liked it or not. If we didn't, we not only had to skip desert, we had to eat it for breakfast the next morning. And this was before we had a microwave oven, mind you. There's nothing like a bowl of ice cold peas for breakfast, or room temperature quiche. I wasn't allowed to go out with my friends until I had completed all my homework and did all my chores. By the time I finished mowing the lawn, shovelling the snow, loading the dishwasher, returning my dad's 50 empty beer cans to get money to pay for the laundry, folding the laundry, mending the socks, ironing the clothes, picking the seeds out of my mother's pot and cleaning my grandmother's teeth it was too late to go out. On Christmas morning I got a lump of coal in my stocking. Actually I think my only real pet peeve is my parents. Those b@$#tards!

mere_artist

Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:14 pm   Reply with quote         

oh yeah, one more pet peeve: Lesbian ex-first ladies who move to my state to run for senator because they are to liberal to get elected anywhere else and who do nothing at all for my state because they are too busy helping out all the other states so they can get elected president.

GUILIANI '08

ReinMan

Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh! PEEVES!

Never mind... Rolling Eyes

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Too funny, M.A.! I can relate on many levels. Fortunately, my dad kicked before the beatings got worse and my mom was a soft touch. Happy you got all that off your chest!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ayatolla

Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Two things: Today, 6:45 am, some asshat on I-95 doing 40 with the top down playing with an IPod, left lane even! Someone probably shot him eventually.
Second: Emeril, he's actually the spawn of Satan!

Ayatolla

Post Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Peeves, or Jeeves? I dont axe eeevr one

ReinMan

Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:18 am   Reply with quote         

Ho Da Fez

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Ayatolla wrote:
Second: Emeril, he's actually the spawn of Satan!

How in the name of all that's holy could I have forgotten Emeril on my list? I can't STAND that guy or his show(s). Laughing

Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:24 am   Reply with quote         

Debbie Travis Mad

AtHeaMo

Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:11 am   Reply with quote         

Fingerprints on cheese......

Argh Argh Argh Argh Argh

nav

Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:55 am   Reply with quote         

LOL @ Queen! (But in a good way!)

Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:19 pm   Reply with quote         

AtHeaMo wrote:
Wooden shoes on cheese......

Argh Argh Argh Argh Argh

I KNOW!

Cambria

Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Don't forget to add ..... People who let thier kids SCREAM while they blissfully ignore them. Or the kids whining MAMA? MAMA? MAMA? getting louder while mom apparently hears nothing. I want to scream "ANSWER YOUR KID!!!!! or at least tell him to STFU!!!"
(I am a loving, nurturing mom.. I would NEVER subject others to that!)

Goat1981

Post Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:57 pm   Reply with quote         

mere_artist wrote:
I agree with Shaman.
I also hate people who don't use their, they're and there properly; and when they don't use it's and its properly as well. I didn't always feel this way, but I think it's because when I was a child I had to learn my spelling and my grammar and maintain at least a B average in English or I would get my ass handed to me by my parents. My brothers and I also had to learn how to keep our elbows off the table, hold a fork properly, chew with our mouths closed and not talk with food in our mouths or suffer the same beatings. Maybe I'm just jealous that I was actually raised by parents who gave a #$@$ how I turned out while obviously there are many people out there who didn't get enough beatings!!! My other pet peeve is parents who do not raise their children properly. When I went to the mall as a child, if I yelled or screamed I got the old duct tape across the mouth. If I ran around I got tied to the stoller. If I cursed I got a mouth full of soap and when I learned to bite the soap to keep it away from my tongue, my mother switched to the liquid soap. One pump for saying the 'S' word, two pumps for saying the 'F' word, three hundred and three pumps for saying GODDAMMIT THIS F@#$ING SOAP TASTES LIKE S@#T YOU C#%K S@#$ING B@$#H. And there was no wasting food in my house, no sir. We had to eat everything on our plate whether we liked it or not. If we didn't, we not only had to skip desert, we had to eat it for breakfast the next morning. And this was before we had a microwave oven, mind you. There's nothing like a bowl of ice cold peas for breakfast, or room temperature quiche. I wasn't allowed to go out with my friends until I had completed all my homework and did all my chores. By the time I finished mowing the lawn, shovelling the snow, loading the dishwasher, returning my dad's 50 empty beer cans to get money to pay for the laundry, folding the laundry, mending the socks, ironing the clothes, picking the seeds out of my mother's pot and cleaning my grandmother's teeth it was too late to go out. On Christmas morning I got a lump of coal in my stocking. Actually I think my only real pet peeve is my parents. Those b@$#tards!

Looks like that soap thing really reduced your use of profanity. Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Pet Peeves -- What Are Yours? - Reply to topic