Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Keep images PG13 - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Should images be kept pg13 on this site?

Yes

35%

35%

[ 15 ]

No

40%

40%

[ 17 ]

I really don't care.

23%

23%

[ 10 ]

Total Votes: 42

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

This morning, I'll be sweet and I'll ask JMH to delete my "no teeth" entry, because that's maybe not the best creative example, considering what appears like the most offended entry for some of us.
And I'm not crazy to look at it, neither very proud of it.
In a certain way, I agree with HTUK, Showcase & Scion. I somewhere agree with: "some of the newer members of this site should take some time to browse the portfolios of the top 10-20 members......".
But I like my other "provocative" ones, I dont want to touch it.

In my opinion, there's on this site more shocking stuff (whatever if I dont think that it can be shocking... what can be shocking?) than a "eel vagina"!
Maybe, I was better to make an image like a vagina picture in a medical anatomical book.

Anyway, I made a screen capture of my controversial entry, comments included. Maybe my kids, when they will get older, will be curious to see it!

Hey HTUK! Touching yourselves is nothing bad! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Now I just need to get 4 more people to delete theirs before I'm in first place. >_>;

Queen La Tiff

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay, wait. This isn't an art site? Well color me stupid. All this time I thought we were making art. Huh.

HandToolUK

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
In my opinion, there's on this site more shocking stuff ... than a "eel vagina"!

I can understand that. I didn't see the entry/ies of yours that caused the controversy, but I have to say I prefer to see sexually suggestive posts than ones that show, or hint at, gore and violence (sorry marco, but that does include your regular blood-spattered posts, for example Razz lol). It's rare you'll see me vote for any kind of post like that unless I feel there's really an exceptional underlying theme or composition there. Same with the popular (with some!) theme of implied, or explicit, cruelty to animals.

But the point is, if the site rules rule out a particular type of post then that's what we have to work with, even if we personally may not be disturbed or put off by it.

Claf wrote:
Hey HTUK! Touching yourselves is nothing bad! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Tell that to ReinMooseMan! He's the one who started the "anti-self-touching" campaign... Wink

I just loved the fact he would slip that "catchphrase" into totally non-'self-pleasuring' topics. Probably as a precaution against overexcitement from forum fetishists... Razz

AtHeaMo

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Not touching oneself is only important in Canada and Norway, because one's hands get so cold in those countries.

HandToolUK

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:07 pm   Reply with quote         

AtHeaMo wrote:
Not touching oneself is only important in Canada and Norway, because one's hands get so cold in those countries.

I wouldn't have thought it was so much the cold getting to the hands that is the problem... Shocked

Laughing

Post Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Today in the spanish-lesson, we watched a movie where people did it with Penelope Cruz and hit each other with hams.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Keep images PG13 - Reply to topic