Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - I know it's askin' a lot....... - Reply to topic

ScionShade

Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:49 pm   Reply with quote         

But I'm willing to donate to the cause and of course volunteer some time to the project--which i suspect would be quite considerable,but
Before anymore time pases and further images disappear from PSC's
illustrious past it would be awesome IMHO to convert all the "OLD" contest images from before when PSC started hosting the images from their current offsite
hosting onto PSC servers....?

Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:59 pm   Reply with quote         

where are all the old images, anyways? I think this is a good idea, although there is nothing I can do. Sad

Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:01 pm   Reply with quote         

You can record yopurself playing the banjo and post it in forums.

Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:05 pm   Reply with quote         

banjo? lol, guitar, maybe

Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Oh, comon, don't be shy, noone thinks yer less of a man just for playing the banjo.

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:21 am   Reply with quote         

possibly more of a hick, or a george fornby tribute band however Wink

HandToolUK

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:42 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
But I'm willing to donate to the cause and of course volunteer some time to the project--which i suspect would be quite considerable,but
Before anymore time pases and further images disappear from PSC's
illustrious past it would be awesome IMHO to convert all the "OLD" contest images from before when PSC started hosting the images from their current offsite
hosting onto PSC servers....?

Good idea. Wayyyy back when I started saving some off for myself from the old contests (just the ones I really liked) - apologies to any "old" PSCers who feel that's violated their intellectual property rights or any of that guff, but frankly, without that a lot of these images would be lost anyway. (And it's not as though I've sold em or passed em off as my own! lol)

Only problem was, I stopped back in about contest 600-and-something which is a LONG way back itself, and the longer I wait to go back to it, the more daunting the task gets! Shocked

So I reckon making back-up copies of the best entries from past contests would be a great idea. The only problem would come if anyone wants to dispute over ownership of the images, but since most of PSC are reasonable people I don't think that would be a major issue.

ScionShade wrote:
Oh, comon, don't be shy, noone thinks yer less of a man just for playing the banjo.

... or even for playing an accordion! It's not done ReinMan any harm: he plays the accordion and we don't think any less of him - we've ALWAYS thought he's crazy! Razz

splodge

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:11 am   Reply with quote         

i think it's up to the individual to upload there serviving pix, i reloaded all my old ones after PSC started hosting them, almost all 441 are still up.

Hallcross Toots
ScionShade

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

HA~! Ok, at this point I meant saving the images that are still in portfolios, just changing their URL to a PSc URL, or basically just moving them onto this server--
the idea of adding BACK into the system, images that were already
"un-linked" would be even greater.
As far as any intellectual property possibilitys- well, the owner of a portfolio always has the option of 'editing' an image.

ScionShade

Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:37 pm   Reply with quote         

HT,
You think someone could claim 'intellectual' property rights when the site
provides the start image and that image has been submitted onto the site?
I think certainly, since you brought it up, concerning the site, that perhaps a disclaimer to
the disposition of images posted in contest needs to be added to the 'faq' page.
Something along the lines that the site does not claim sole ownership of any image but use of any posted image by the site in 'media outlets' in a non-profit situation
is possible and will be un-contested, and that posters of an image
may take copyright and all/any profits that they through their own efforts
make profit from an image, and that use by the site of any image in a
'for-profit' situation would seek permission of the poster and any
dispensation of profits in that situation would be decided between the site admin and the
poster.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - I know it's askin' a lot....... - Reply to topic