Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Photorealistic painting - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

FootFungas

Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Here is my first attempt at photorealistic painting. used a tutorial that said just paint the details you see and itll work. and it did. i hope
Source

painting
take 1
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/bear91_11/photorealism.jpg
take 2

All brushes and a couple graidients.
tell me what you think.
and if you know of good tuts post em.[/img]

Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

It looks like a vector, rather than a photorealistic painting. The edges are pretty sloppy because you were using brushes instead of paths. The wheels are in need of the most work... that would be a bumpy ride.

It's still pretty good for a first effort.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:23 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey

Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Trying to recreate something and make it look real is very hard to do and it teaches you a lot of skills. If you can do it successfully there will be nothing you can not do in Photoshop. It also teaches you to pay close attention to details. You start to realize how light and color react in certain situations. You learn how to create realistic shadows. These skills will come in handy in many situations. Hey footfungas, how old are you again? That is quite the big challenge and a brave undertaking for someone your age. You did a heck of a job. It is not quite photorealistic but study both images and learn what you need to do. Your wheels are no longer round and much of your painting is a little messy and can be smoother. Learn to use the airbrush better along with selections. If you have a pressure sensitive tablet that can really help too. Good luck partner. Good work. Keep challenging yourself. You will be one of the great ones, I know it. ;0) Bow

Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with Rey Rey.
......and he is right, a tablet can make this much easier.

wendysmurfie

Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:30 pm   Reply with quote         

i agree with reyrey and volkswes,... nice words reyrey Smile

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:03 am   Reply with quote         

even though it isn't technically "realistic" looking, I still think you did a pretty good job. the wavy-ness gives it an appealing look. You might darken the windshield a bit though, its too grey. The windshield in the original photo is much darker

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:20 am   Reply with quote         

I think it's effing awesome--the imperfections make it better for me. Otherwise it's just a photorealistic painting--what's the point? Just take a picture! But that's just moi.

jerry717

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:13 pm   Reply with quote         

FootFungas wrote:
Here is my first attempt at photorealistic painting. used a tutorial that said just paint the details you see and itll work. and it did. i hope

tell me what you think.
and if you know of good tuts post em.

That's what I do for a living Foot...Learn to do it well and you can make a lot of money. Wink

I do these at 500mb size for poster and ad work. It takes about 7 to 10 hours per image.

cheers,
Jerry

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Jerry makes tons of moolah per hour too Surprised

jefflang007

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Foot. mate i think it looks great, I really like the uneven look.

and jerry i'd give my left nut to have your talent!

J

http://www.langmark.com
TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

jerry717 wrote:
FootFungas wrote:

tell me what you think.
and if you know of good tuts post em.

That's what I do for a living Foot...Learn to do it well and you can make a lot of money. Wink

I do these at 500mb size for poster and ad work. It takes about 7 to 10 hours per image.

cheers,
Jerry

waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait

You mean to tell me that the two examples you posted are not photos? You're trying to tell me that they are PAINTINGS? Shocked

Holy schnikey. I give up.

Oh and MetatarsalMushroom I like your 'Stang. I somewhat agree with QLT. If you're making a painting it should look like a painting otherwise take a picture (unless you're doing Jerry's job and have the talent and patience to do it). I like your rendition as it's more impressionistic.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Jerry... That is really amazing. My biggest "wow" is how did you do the tires and headlights?

FootFungus, it doesn't look too bad. It looks a little choppy on the edges and some of the shading could stand to be blurred a bit. But for a first attempt, pretty good.

jerry717

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait

You mean to tell me that the two examples you posted are not photos? You're trying to tell me that they are PAINTINGS? Shocked

Holy schnikey. I give up.

Oh and MetatarsalMushroom I like your 'Stang. I somewhat agree with QLT. If you're making a painting it should look like a painting otherwise take a picture (unless you're doing Jerry's job and have the talent and patience to do it). I like your rendition as it's more impressionistic.

Yep they're painted. It's cheaper for the client than photoshoots. They are modeled from real photos but it is a lot of work especially considering the size requirements. As for actually looking like paintings that is something else. The client pays to make them look as real as possible.

Jerry

FootFungas

Post Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

jerry717 wrote:

cheers,
Jerry

Shocked thats incredible.
thats what im shooting at being able to do
itll take a ton of practice

Question Why does ford use painting instead of photos?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Photorealistic painting - Reply to topic