Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Post your tips on breaking chop block - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Martrex

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:36 am   Reply with quote         

For me I dove into another program for a few days that F_ _ _ _ one and it set me back to learning and using another part of my little brain. Maybe it burned up some useless old brain cells and made some room. So when I drifted back over here ideas started popping back in.

It was simply amazing! Cool Cool

Patre

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:55 am   Reply with quote         

Many great tips offered in this thread.So at the risk of being redundant here is a reference that is probably now little used, but which cites information which may be helpful in working up ideas for a creative "chop". Courtesy of one of the all time great "choppers"
Occecid.
My apologies, I just noticed that the "example" links are not functional.
My guess is that they were originally hotlinked to a hosting site, but
have since been deleted from that site.

http://www.geekologist.com/10Tips.htm

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Dug up two threads on the topic. Sad to say I started both. Embarassed

Anyway there may be tips helpful for others in these as well?

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3678
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=6826

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:12 pm   Reply with quote         

This was a contest that had some really great ideas and work submitted.
http://photoshopcontest.com/photoshop-contest/1819/sharp-weed.html?l=all&o=votes
I don't know if I can offer any advice for the block, I'm so far down I can't see light anymore, Crying or Very sad my advantage ran out and I don't even want to renew it because I blocked out when I had it, maybe one of these days I'll get back into it, but the main thing is be true to yourself, chop what makes you feel good, don't get discouraged if you think you have something really special and it does not get the votes you were hoping for, and try something different, get a new bong and go for it Cool Laughing

ScionShade

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Heinlein wrote:

Great eye , I've always been in awe of that chop...freaking insane.

dewdew

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I would continue to try sex. Hell as long as you know your partner i can't see a down side to that method. Then again the production of offspring would hinder the best chopper. So maybe the way to go is SAFEsex. PUT a box of magnum in the nitestand and ram that chopblock right into the headboard. Cool

No one in my house could even run ps, i can bearly work it myself. When i cant come up with a idea,or the source just does not inspire me. I ask everyone that passes by my computer....what do you see in that picture. You will be amazed at the responces and ideas that you never even saw. Kids will really drop your jaw, try it.

Also another good way i get by the block is to take the source and run it through the ps filter gallery. Seeing it in diffrent ways helps out a good bit.

Try taking the source and duping it. Then take the copy and go wild with the lighting,levels,B&W, anything that changes it. Now change the layer from normal thru luminosity by scrolling the mouse. Really eats the undo space up but once you see something you like the idea has already started.

If all else fails try safesex again. WHO even cares if it works.
I think i will give it a testdrive tonight. If my wife can fake headaches i can fake choppers block. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just look at the benifits of this thread. i was going to help you, and got a whole new excuse to have sex instead.I really love this place. Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I have come to the conclusion that some of you and you know who you are are dedicated sex addicts and you know there's help for that somewhere. There is a idea to break an addiction you partake heavily of it to break it like for example to quit smoking some suggest that you smoke about 10 cigarettes at one time to be so fully disgusted with tobacco that you never want it again. So I can't say how that would work with the sex problem but there is HELP ..you have to want it though so I can't say how much this technique does for a soul. Very Happy Very Happy

Seriously I love that idea of installing photoshop on the corner to get all paserby's ideas on what they see, that's terrific idea. You have been very helpful Dew and keep the ideas coming and for you DEW you will take that coming to a all new level. Cool Laughing Laughing Razz

I am enjoying all the links and had no idea this old threads were out there and some of the ideas are great on those threads. Though some of the suggestions are illegal and would land me in a jail cell. lol Evil or Very Mad Very Happy Very Happy But thanks for all who sent links too!!!!!!!!!!1

arcaico

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
So here are the tips so far

1- Have sex
2- Rotate image and squint
3- Step away from the computer
4-Visit arty sites, maybe check out photoshop magazines

5.Quit having sex
6. Go with Scion's advice
7. Torch the Sources

no no no... you're missing the point... when Reinman said stop touching yourself, he didn't mean quit having sex... he meant masturbation doesn't apply for sex... got it?

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

ScionShade

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Whoah hey man. Masturbaters are just as valid as any other sexual orientation. You're walking on thin ice with this one.

Post Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:46 pm   Reply with quote         

arc: to some quitting touching is the equivalent to quit having sex. Very Happy

WhimSea

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:36 am   Reply with quote         

well unless you have 3 or more hands.... you couldn't doodle while diddling! bwahahahahahahahahaha

WhimSea

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:36 am   Reply with quote         

I have to say the source pix either have it or don't for me... I usually get way more ideas than I have time or energy for. Was doing every chop til it nearly killed me - staying up til 4 with 3 hour naps before work! So I took about a week off and looked ahead for chops I really wanted to enter, and then sometimes don't even get posted as some of my ideas are way more complicated and time consuming.

I always start by duplicating the original layer - usually think of variations of whatever the souce is or is about, work on puns or themes but try to think that the first thing that pops into my head when seeing the source - like an obvious idea - will probably be the obvious idea to others, so try to think of something different...

sources that don't jump right out at me for an idea... try rotating it to see if you "see" anything differently. like DewDew said, no not the sex stuff, but just try different layering effects or filters - try out some actions... just use PS to create something all together different from what the source is if you're not thinking of anything to do with what it is. Like my amber dress just sort of presented itself to me while playing with the amber bottles... when I first saw it I knew right away there would be a lot of things put in the bottles, which there were, so I just started using a bunch of duplicated layers and liquify, and beveled brushes, actions.... began to see a ruffle dress... then created a hanger and straps for it. That was one I didn't have an idea for when I started on it.

but normally humor works best for me... or shall I say whimsy! Smile

Oscar

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:50 am   Reply with quote         

You need to have sex with the right person for this method to help.

PM me for appointments. Smile

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:00 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar, You are such a cute little thing with the cutest avatar and little bouncy hearts and on the inside you're a what's the word oh LITTLE DEVIL. lol cute little devil though Very Happy

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:02 am   Reply with quote         

Whimsea, I know sort of what you're talking about..... I for some unknown reason picked THE HARDEST source i think I could find for the print job contest.. I am strangling on it. The shadows are slaying me. Everything is working so far but this one bush and I can't get it to work out right.. too ambitious for my talent. Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Post your tips on breaking chop block - Reply to topic