Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Objection to yesterday's winner... - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Granulated

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:36 am   Reply with quote         

pakimo wrote:
I am not going to war over this. Laughing
But I ment what I said. It isn't that unusual that this kind of chops win.
compress

TJ's tomato chop was the source image with some crisp realistic integrations... NOTHING in common with the wolf howling at the moon chop. Understand ?
Shocked

Oscar

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:05 am   Reply with quote         

"Let He Who Is Without Knowledge Cast The First Vote"

The only issue here is the 25 people who vote for it, let god have mercy on your souls.

buckie74

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:18 am   Reply with quote         

All this is why there are so few votes on Thursdays. Has it always been that way?

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 am   Reply with quote         

Only since the Cosby Show went off the air.

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:48 am   Reply with quote         

I love anon contests!

rockyjob

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:31 am   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
I love anon contests!
Laughing Laughing Laughing

gravyboat

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Only since the Cosby Show went off the air.
Laughing Laughing

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
Alex

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:58 am   Reply with quote         

This just shows how sad this website has become...
Chopper and ReyRey are right, it's a valid post. But it's just plain lame. Like 90% of posts nowadays, and still... people are voting for it.

It makes me wonder, what went wrong during the last 2 years here?

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm with Gran on this one.

What i don't get is: What happened to creating your own??
That external may have been perfect...BUT instead of using it...i would have thought it would inspire you to recreate one. When i signed up to PSC one of the main things that caught my eye was that these people were USING PS as a ARTISTIC MEDIUM. Cool I would have been to Embarassed to post anything made by another person. I may have shitty PS skills, but i got more respect for the ones who are ARTIST than to post anything other than what my non-artistic ass can chop up. As soon as the weather gets cold i'll be back to posting the shitty stuff again....i know you will all be looking foward to it. Razz

pakimo

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Why I react to this topic is that one take a winning entry, and ripping it apart. When there are similar entries winning on this site.

If one should discuss stuff like this one should try to keep it general and not picking on one persons entry alone.

My opinion. Smile

ScionShade

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

My humble opine.
Manipulating images, and manipulating manipulations are two different things. I really don't see that it is ok to use other peoples manipulation work when that work becomes the 'main' component within a composition.
If I had my choice, I'd delete all such images from the site.

dewdew

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:13 pm   Reply with quote         

pakimo wrote:
Why I react to this topic is that one take a winning entry, and ripping it apart. When there are similar entries winning on this site.

If one should discuss stuff like this one should try to keep it general and not picking on one persons entry alone.

My opinion. Smile

So....should i put the tar and feathers back!!! Embarassed

I'm not trying to bash anyone. Hell it's not the first time its happened. Just think it would mean more if they learned to do that work themselves instead.

TJ

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
pakimo wrote:
I am not going to war over this. Laughing
But I ment what I said. It isn't that unusual that this kind of chops win.
compress

TJ's tomato chop was the source image with some crisp realistic integrations... NOTHING in common with the wolf howling at the moon chop. Understand ?
Shocked

Thanks Gran. Smile

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:26 pm   Reply with quote         

It all comes down to this. There really is no set rule. It is up to the voter to look closer and use their brains.
Busch was a lousy president but I can sleep well because I didn't vote for him. Cool
Maybe if you only had three votes you would use them much wiser. Wink

bogonet

Post Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Not that my newbie opinion would matter (i'm trying hard to obtain the right to vote Smile ), but Rey read my thoughts exactly.
3 votes max will ensure people browsing all images carefully, being patient and surely picking what they really like, considering it's a site for dedicated for the passion to create. Now it seems a race to post first in order to obtain some votes on the first people visit.

A contest is open, you browse the entries, if one it really dazzles you, vote for it, if none match your tastes/criteria, come back later, and redo the check, maybe, out of nowhere some work would deserve your attention, and spend those 3 or 2 or 1 even votes on what you really liked after, at least, a brief comparison. I believe this will help artist to improve instead of confusing them when they notice one votes 10 works completely different, and honestly, on different levels. This is how i see things and i bet most of ladies and gentlemen around do.

Have a nice day

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Objection to yesterday's winner... - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.