Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - When this happens to you, what do you do? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Choppers block!

I can't thing of anything, nothing, notta for any of the source images Confused

Most of the time, i can open one up in ps, hold the pen, and ideas just start hitting me left and right.......

For the past couple of weeks, my wife has been sick swine flu, and she has gotten over it pretty well for the last couple of days. Finally, i can set and relax a bit..... but i can't think of anything to do..

Anyone mind sharing any info that might kick start my creative tentacles to creating off the wall shizzle again?

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Leave the computer and go out for a long walk where you normally don't go. Resets the mind Smile

Cartoon Contractor

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Got me! I have permanent choppers block! If it doesn't hit me when I first see the image I'm screwed! So if you figure out a remedy to, or a method for awakening the right side of my brain please let me know too! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Forget about the source. Find a different picture to work with then think about how you can work in the source. Assign a deadline and give yourself a creative goal.

Designed2522

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:43 pm   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:
Forget about the source. Find a different picture to work with then think about how you can work in the source. Assign a deadline and give yourself a creative goal.

I sencond this, it works really well for me... I also for the most part always look at the image and know what I want my chop to look like but it never comes out the way, I just work one piece at a time and the image creates itself!!! it never comes out the way I orginally wanted it to... it usually comes out better in a defferent way! Very Happy

Heinlein

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:46 pm   Reply with quote         

tadams wrote:

Good Advice Tracy. This is what I usually do. Sometimes I search stock photos for hours.

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for all the replies so far, i will take your advise as a whole. Get off the computer and go walking or something, then i will come in here and and try playing with other pics then integrate.. (unless i go all source).

CC, if I can find the trick that works, I will let you know..... hehe,, for now just go make us a new clone pic Smile Im gona make a nice one outside as soon as I can.

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:49 pm   Reply with quote         

. . . . I am so glad its not just me.

Try turning the source picture upside down.

seelcraft

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:37 pm   Reply with quote         

I look at the tiny thumbnail on the Advantage calendar, and, since my eyes aren't very good any more, I often mistake it for another object. So that suggests a different object that I can morph the source into.
That's why I do so many 'distorted all source' pix.
I can't say it's better than true creativity, but that's all I've got.

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:11 pm   Reply with quote         

have been in a perpetual state of choppers block for an improbable amount of what we call "time"

SCWIDVICIOUS

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

bsoholic wrote:
have been in a perpetual state of choppers block for an improbable amount of what we call "time"

time, ohh thats that thing that makes noise every morning to let us know its time for little one to get ready for school .

Interesting Doug, image thumbnail and blur it a bit..

lol its not just you al, I like your idea too, I didnt think of turning it backwards, upside down and sideways.

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:01 am   Reply with quote         

Often I just start chopping on main object and things start to come to me as I work in auto on edging. I agree with the rotate and reverse. It often allows things to catch the eye and grow into who knows what. Surprised Surprised Surprised

ReinMan

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:55 am   Reply with quote         

SCWIDVICIOUS wrote:
bsoholic wrote:

lol its not just you al, I like your idea too, I didnt think of turning it backwards, upside down and sideways.

YerPalAl TURNS IT AROUND!

Psst: SquidMan? Alan won (at the time) the biggest win of PSC history by turning it UPSIDE DOWN!! Shocked The dude knows of what he speaks of. (except when he talks about SEX, of course! Razz)

glennhanna

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:29 am   Reply with quote         

Do chops once a year. Or if you are itching to do anything at all and don't care what, try the Theme, Add 1 Thing game we have in the forums at http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=9519
just be sure you have a way to host your entry. You can be as creative or sloppy as you want with your addition to the current theme; nobody seems to care unless you add 10 things and leave no room for the next person to add to the image.

glennhanna

Post Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:33 am   Reply with quote         

Nevermind... you are a frequent visitor to the Theme Add 1 thing postings.... the previous message is for other people who don't know about it.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - When this happens to you, what do you do? - Reply to topic