Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - make advantage the prize - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

tophatpainter

Location: PDX

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:32 pm   Reply with quote         


Maybe this is the wrong spot and maybe this has been brought up, but could we run some contests where 3 months advantage is the prize? Even a 6 month or year? I mean aside from the xmas one coming up.




_________________
Channels are on TV, right?
JORDAN792

Location: Michi-gan

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         


maybe speed chops should have an advantage prize... Then all the stakes are pretty even for non advantage members...




_________________

tophatpainter

Location: PDX

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:43 pm   Reply with quote         


JORDAN792 wrote:
maybe speed chops should have an advantage prize... Then all the stakes are pretty even for non advantage members...


Maybe even anonymous speed chops to keep things really fair.




_________________
Channels are on TV, right?
TofuTheGreat

Location: Back where I belong.

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:27 pm   Reply with quote         






_________________
Why I do believe it's pants-less o'clock! - Lar deSouza
”The mind is like a parachute, it doesn’t work if it isn’t open.” - Frank Zappa
Created using photoshop and absolutely no talent. - reyrey

tophatpainter

Location: PDX

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         


TofuTheGreat wrote:


What put an end to it? Or is it just not very often?




_________________
Channels are on TV, right?
Eve
Site Moderator

Location: Planet Earth

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:35 pm   Reply with quote         


PM Procyon, the site owner. Only he can sprinkle the comps with Advantage or $$ prizes.




_________________
If your going to walk on thin ice, you may as well dance!
tophatpainter

Location: PDX

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:00 pm   Reply with quote         


Eve wrote:
PM Procyon, the site owner. Only he can sprinkle the comps with Advantage or $$ prizes.


How do we petition this Procyon being? Do we rally the streets or just ask nicely in a post? PM phone (like a batphone)? Encrypted transmition? Can I get anymore geeky?




_________________
Channels are on TV, right?
Sanctuary

Location: in your monitor...

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:25 pm   Reply with quote         


why don't a non advantage member can only see the advantage calendar but can't post them. at least they kn0w what is the next entry they want to post.




_________________

Oscar

Location: Northern California

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:53 pm   Reply with quote         


Sanctuary wrote:
why don't a non advantage member can only see the advantage calendar but can't post them. at least they kn0w what is the next entry they want to post.


Laughing

because it wouldn't be ADVANTAGE anymore




_________________

Martrex

Location: California

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:01 pm   Reply with quote         


Management got tired of Marco and ReyRey and the other big shots constantly winning, they have a few lifetimes of memberships.Laughing Laughing Laughing ('Sarcasm')

There has been discussions on the forum of setting different levels of competition, but it never has gone anywhere. ('salut')




tophatpainter

Location: PDX

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:12 pm   Reply with quote         


Well that's nice of the best choppers around to enter a contest they have no need to win. Would it be possible to exclude the guys that consistently win these prizes they don't need or make it is for so people who don't have advantage or who's advantage is about to run out? I imagine its cheaper for staff to give out, which would mean a possibity of more prizes as well as more people being exposed to advantage. And again an anonymous speed chop would give people more chance.




_________________
Channels are on TV, right?
Oscar

Location: Northern California

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:22 am   Reply with quote         


Am going to trow this out there ...

your not the first who ask about this advantage deal nor will be the last... search the forums and there are countless threads about the same thing, all end up in tears and despair. Advantage is like that, broken, but it works ( mostly ) and it seems most people like it.




_________________

blue_lurker

Location: Australia

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:47 am   Reply with quote         


tophatpainter wrote:
Well that's nice of the best choppers around to enter a contest they have no need to win. Would it be possible to exclude the guys that consistently win these prizes they don't need or make it is for so people who don't have advantage or who's advantage is about to run out? I imagine its cheaper for staff to give out, which would mean a possibity of more prizes as well as more people being exposed to advantage. And again an anonymous speed chop would give people more chance.


Who said entering contests is about winning...I enter to show what I can do and learn from what others tell and show me.

Get the win attitude out of ya system and you will find this place runs fro the most part better than any other out there...start trying to make it all about winning and separating the good from the not as good and what makes PSC very unique will be lost.




_________________

seamusoisin

Location: Ottawa Strong!

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:11 am   Reply with quote         


blue_lurker wrote:
tophatpainter wrote:
Well that's nice of the best choppers around to enter a contest they have no need to win. Would it be possible to exclude the guys that consistently win these prizes they don't need or make it is for so people who don't have advantage or who's advantage is about to run out? I imagine its cheaper for staff to give out, which would mean a possibity of more prizes as well as more people being exposed to advantage. And again an anonymous speed chop would give people more chance.


Who said entering contests is about winning...I enter to show what I can do and learn from what others tell and show me.

Get the win attitude out of ya system and you will find this place runs fro the most part better than any other out there...start trying to make it all about winning and separating the good from the not as good and what makes PSC very unique will be lost.


I agree totally! While competition is healthy it should not be the main focus of what goes on here. Also, this is a business and as in all businesses the idea is to make money not to give out freebies. Unless I am the only one who enters a contest and even then will I ever win one of these, but I have met a whole bunch of really great people, get to see how different people see the same thing (A life lesson here!) learn some new skills, laugh my a$$ off at least twice a day, get a great diversion from the day to day grind, free accordian lessons if I ever get to BC, and I can get this for free. For an extra 10 pennies a day I get to support the site to keep it running and get the other benefits of Advantage. I have never met Emanuel, would not know him if I ran into him, but I can tell you if he does live here in Toronto he ain't living the high life on what he makes here.




_________________
I had the right to remain silent....but I didn't.

http://burlingtonscwt.wordpress.com/

Be my assbook friend

Post Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:41 am   Reply with quote         


Oscar wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
why don't a non advantage member can only see the advantage calendar but can't post them. at least they kn0w what is the next entry they want to post.


Laughing

because it wouldn't be ADVANTAGE anymore


How about, non advantage members get to see the source image one day or 12 hours before the contest opens? =)




Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Voting - make advantage the prize - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.