Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The Great Reeses Debate Part II - Reply to topic

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:14 am   Reply with quote         

So I finally got a chance to do some serious scientific research into the Great Reeses Debate (tm).

First item on the to-do list was to obtain a suitable sample size with which to perform my research.

For pallet cleansing between samples we have 400ml of moo juice (See? I measured in metric. Told you it was scientific!)

The initial research proposal was to eat 'em all. Then I realized that's just too much for one scientist to take.

So I narrowed down the subject list. We have 1 Reeses Egg circa 2009 (I hope). 1 standard Reeses Cup (still circa 2009 I hope). 1 Reeses BIG cup (still circa 2009 I hope). And finally 3 Reeses miniatures (circa Christmas 2008. Hey don't judge me!). Shocked

Instead of just shoving the subjects into my gaping maw (like you all EXPECTED me to do) I felt dissections were in order.

At this point I couldn't remember why I thought this was a good idea.

Let the Vivisection BEGIN!

Since we need to honor the age before beauty I start with the Christmas miniature. The red one sacrifices himself for the sake of the others.

The 4 month old candy tasted about as good as you'd expect a 4 month old piece of candy to taste like.

MOVING ON we go to my initial favorite. THE ORIGINAL REESES CUP! Who knew this would make me look effeminate? Must be all that chocolate laid out before me.

Fat finger lickin' Good!

On to the much debated Egg. Surprisingly they have a higher chocolate to PB ratio than I remember. The initial opinions of this scientist may have been altered here.

Let's give the Egg a try shall we? Forgive the blur. That much sugar starts to give one the shakes.

The Reese's Eggs are indeed better than I remember. Of course this could be a fluke where I just happen to acquire the best of the egg brood. Only time, and further tests, will tell. ON TO THE BIG CUP! It's SCARY big. That's a lot of PB there. Hold me?

Despite the objections of the belly and mind.... DOWN THE HATCH!

Wow that's a LOT of PB.

The samples have been evaluated. Two lone miniature soldiers survive. But they are summarily dealt with appropriately (hey they're 4 months old at least. STOP JUDGING ME!)

Before findings can be recorded I realized what a BAD idea it is to eat that much chocolate and PB. Or maybe it was the miniature. EFFING STOP JUDGING ME ALREADY!

Time to call on my lab partner for assistance is required.

Now time to burn off that sugar in ChopperDome! Why does everything seem to be moving in slow motion now? And what's that buzzing sound!

Shocked

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:48 am   Reply with quote         

Reese's sucks! In fact most American chocolate sucks! You guys don't make good chocolate! Go and eat better quality stuff like Cadbury's or Lindt! Not that cheap American crap that hardly constitutes as chocolate! Twisted Evil

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:51 am   Reply with quote         

That last picture is legit creepy.

I don't really see a debate though. It should be obvious that the original Reese's Cups are the best.

If anyone begs to differ...well...its your loss, I just get to eat more Reese's Cups Very Happy

Oscar

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:18 am   Reply with quote         

Lord David wrote:
Reese's sucks! In fact most American chocolate sucks! You guys don't make good chocolate! Go and eat better quality stuff like Cadbury's or Lindt! Not that cheap American crap that hardly constitutes as chocolate! Twisted Evil

Jesus Christ man... always hating on Americans. By the way Tofu, nice thing chocolate thing your doing.

ReinMan

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:29 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Who the HELL do you think you are, DUDE?

ME??? Razz Very Happy

Great presentation (well, except for the parts where your face was showing Twisted Evil) and now I MUST HAVE REESES!!!!

glennhanna

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:33 am   Reply with quote         

I've never had the eggs. I was at WalMart today and was going to try one... just one. I was in a hurry, looked up and down the holiday Easter aisle they have, and all they seemed to of had was fancy packaged candy for $3.00 or more, wrapped up like Christmas presents and snow globe-like packaging. I can't afford that. Finally I found a single at the endcap of the aisle, 50 cents. I walked up to the front of the store to pay... what the hell? There were 2 checkstands open and I was about the 30th person in line, people with baskets full of department store wonderment. The hell with it, I put the egg on a magazine rack and left the store empty-handed. I've been thinking about that egg all day. I can't sleep because of it.

glennhanna

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:38 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
..... And finally 3 Reeses miniatures (circa Christmas 2008. Hey don't judge me!). Shocked

4 month old candy... that's fresh stuff, why are you throwing perfectly good chocolate in the trash? There are starving adults in Oregon that would have loved to of eaten those last 2 pieces. Heck, I'm still eating Power Bars that have advertising on the package for the 2004 Summer Olympics.

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:20 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
Lord David wrote:

Jesus Christ man... always hating on Americans. By the way Tofu, nice thing chocolate thing your doing.

I am not always hating on Americans, I'm simply stating fact that for the most part their chocolate sucks!

YerPalAl

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:20 am   Reply with quote         

I applaud and salute the scientific effort, man. But did I miss something? Was there a conclusion to your effort or was it just a cheap excuse to go on a chocolate binge? lol

sage

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:44 am   Reply with quote         

haha! great, animal protein substitute! By the way, how's the training going? Laughing

cafn8d

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:51 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Tofu! Great "research" and reporting; I really enjoyed that. I didn't know the eggs in question were that big. Those look pretty good, actually.

"Peanut butter eggs" always seem to be these bite-sized foil-wrapped things. They were usually pretty bad, and now I can't find them (quickly enough) through Google. I always thought very few were fresh; that they were, in fact, the miniature cups that didn't sell at Halloween, re-packaged for Christmas, then re-molded and re-packaged again for Easter. Argh Anyway, the foil-wrapped peanut butter candies are rarely as fresh-tasting as the kind(s) in a sealed wrapper.

In looking up the mini eggs, I found another bit of research between eggs and cups. It seems to be a question that has dogged humanity through the ages... or at least two years. Kudos, Tofu, for continuing the work and updating with fresh samples!

I also found THIS, recipes for making candied eggs at home! I say you should try making homemade peanut butter eggs and compare them to the Reeses varieties and let us know your findings. Wink

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:43 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Who the HELL do you think you are, DUDE?

ME??? Razz Very Happy

Great presentation (well, except for the parts where your face was showing Twisted Evil) and now I MUST HAVE REESES!!!!

Laughing Laughing wait, what?
sage wrote:
haha! great, animal protein substitute! By the way, how's the training going? Laughing

Training? Is....... going? Embarassed Are you saying these shouldn't be on my training regimen? Hmmm

cafn8d wrote:
In looking up the mini eggs, I found another bit of research between eggs and cups. It seems to be a question that has dogged humanity through the ages... or at least two years. Kudos, Tofu, for continuing the work and updating with fresh samples!

Caffy I'm pleased to know that others have undertaken this valueable scientific cause! Viva Candy Science!

YerPalAl wrote:
I applaud and salute the scientific effort, man. But did I miss something? Was there a conclusion to your effort or was it just a cheap excuse to go on a chocolate binge? lol

Yes to both questions. All three of them. Razz

Laughing

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:44 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That shit cracked me up!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Micose

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

me 2 ??? hehehhee yes me 2 !!!!

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:07 pm   Reply with quote         

My son and daughter went gaga over the Reeses trees we gave them for Christmas.

That got me to thinking about this thread and I had to show it to my son. He giggled and his girlfriend guffawed.

Apparently my daughter likes the trees more than the eggs.... More testing may be in order.....

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - The Great Reeses Debate Part II - Reply to topic