Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

kinetic_be

Location: Belgium

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:39 pm   Reply with quote         


PotHed wrote:
Clearly, you've spent too much time in Photoshop and not enough time in the real world. If you think I've been wrong, tell me why. If you're too stupid to think of a reason why, then shut you mouth.

You're a great chopper, but a brat if I've ever met one.


Look, it's not because I don't agree with you, that you should be calling me a brat, or stupid or whatever you think I am.
I've spent some time in Photoshop, yes. If you think I'm good, well thank you, but I don't think I am good.
But outside Photoshop I'm building up my own business which involves finances, management and constantly searching for better ways to improve my business. And I'm doing quite well.
So don't judge me, just because I don't agree with you!

You are asking me to tell you why I think you are wrong. I've wrote a whole lots of things why I think this website isn't attracting photoshoppers. I said I don't agree with you. Is that a crime? Does everyone needs to agree with you, if not, "shut their mouth', is what you tell them?
Your focus is on the source images. My focus is not on the source images, but on everything else I explained. So please, tell me, where did I NOT give a reason why?




Martrex

Location: California

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         


Since no one seems to notice the voted on photos don't always show up to be worked on. I think they are going thru the motions but then not even using the ones selected. Surprised Surprised Surprised




shane.e.randall

Location: Indiana, PA

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:48 pm   Reply with quote         


kittie wrote:
Werdnaibor wrote:

Yes! Shane has the answer!



What?!!! I thought I had the answer!! Evil or Very Mad Oh wait, prostitutes and gambling? What about lifting the restriction on booze? I concede.


Theres a restriction on booze..... Uh oh does Anfa know of this?




kittie

Location: Florida

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:49 pm   Reply with quote         


shane.e.randall wrote:

Theres a restriction on booze..... Uh oh does Anfa know of this?


Laughing I worded that poorly....age restriction! We need drunk childrens to unleash their creative potential. Laughing




Werdnaibor

Location: Albany, NY

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:51 pm   Reply with quote         


Martrex wrote:
Since no one seems to notice the voted on photos don't always show up to be worked on. I think they are going thru the motions but then not even using the ones selected. Surprised Surprised Surprised

I'll have to start paying attention. I often forget to vote on them.




Werdnaibor

Location: Albany, NY

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:52 pm   Reply with quote         


kittie wrote:
shane.e.randall wrote:

Theres a restriction on booze..... Uh oh does Anfa know of this?


Laughing I worded that poorly....age restriction! We need drunk childrens to unleash their creative potential. Laughing

What about animals? Can I get my sister's dog liquored up and see what she comes up with it? I think it will kick the ass of any entry in my portfolio.




PotHed

Location: San Antonio, Tx

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:53 pm   Reply with quote         


kinetic_be wrote:
PotHed wrote:
Clearly, you've spent too much time in Photoshop and not enough time in the real world. If you think I've been wrong, tell me why. If you're too stupid to think of a reason why, then shut you mouth.

You're a great chopper, but a brat if I've ever met one.


Look, it's not because I don't agree with you, that you should be calling me a brat, or stupid or whatever you think I am.
I've spent some time in Photoshop, yes. If you think I'm good, well thank you, but I don't think I am good.
But outside Photoshop I'm building up my own business which involves finances, management and constantly searching for better ways to improve my business. And I'm doing quite well.
So don't judge me, just because I don't agree with you!

You are asking me to tell you why I think you are wrong. I've wrote a whole lots of things why I think this website isn't attracting photoshoppers. I said I don't agree with you. Is that a crime? Does everyone needs to agree with you, if not, "shut their mouth', is what you tell them?
Your focus is on the source images. My focus is not on the source images, but on everything else I explained. So please, tell me, where did I NOT give a reason why?

I gave reasons for why the source images are the main problem, and you completely ignored them. The reasons you gave may very well be contributing to the problem, but you did not explain why they are a bigger problem than the source images.

And I believe I asked you a question about Worth1000.com that you haven't answered.

I didn't say you should shut your mouth if you don't agree with me. I said you should shut your mouth if you disagree AND DON'T PROVIDE A REASON




kittie

Location: Florida

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:55 pm   Reply with quote         


Werdnaibor wrote:

What about animals? Can I get my sister's dog liquored up and see what she comes up with it? I think it will kick the ass of any entry in my portfolio.



Hell I don't discriminate Cool





Werdnaibor

Location: Albany, NY

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         


PotHed wrote:

And I believe I asked you a question about Worth1000.com that you haven't answered.

I glanced at Worth1000 just now. It looks like many of the contests are concept based, without source images, and they are repeated a lot.




kinetic_be

Location: Belgium

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:59 pm   Reply with quote         


PotHed wrote:
I gave reasons for why the source images are the main problem, and you completely ignored them. The reasons you gave may very well be contributing to the problem, but you did not explain why they are a bigger problem than the source images.

And I believe I asked you a question about Worth1000.com that you haven't answered.

I didn't say you should shut your mouth if you don't agree with me. I said you should shut your mouth if you disagree AND DON'T PROVIDE A REASON


Ok, forget the part where I said I don't agree with you.
Let's just say that I shared my vision about what I think that could make this site better, not taking into account what your vision is. Would that make a difference so we can put this discussion behind us?
I mean, all I'm trying to do (just like you are) is finding ways to improve Photoshopcontest.com
By bitching at eachother, we're not really doing anything good and to be honest, been there, done that.. My life doesn't depend on it.




PotHed

Location: San Antonio, Tx

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:03 pm   Reply with quote         


Werdnaibor wrote:
PotHed wrote:

And I believe I asked you a question about Worth1000.com that you haven't answered.

I glanced at Worth1000 just now. It looks like many of the contests are concept based, without source images, and they are repeated a lot.

There's both, and they allowed user submitted images, but I don't know if they vote them in or not.




kinetic_be

Location: Belgium

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:08 pm   Reply with quote         


Werdnaibor wrote:
I glanced at Worth1000 just now. It looks like many of the contests are concept based, without source images, and they are repeated a lot.


It depends on what kind of contest. The regular contests for advanced and beginners, I'm not sure about. The HxH is usually chosen by the winner of the previous HxH in that category.




Eve
Site Moderator

Location: Planet Earth

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:15 pm   Reply with quote         


kittie wrote:

As for the owners of the site?

http://www.expertrating.com/

Have fun.


No kidding. And, I'm no longer seeing a Graphic Design course being offered.

Quote:
View entire list of online courses
Personal Trainer Certification
Project Management Certification
Six Sigma Certification
Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
Master Black Belt Certification
Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
Lean Management Certification
First Aid Certification
CPR Certification
Weight Management Certification
Personal Trainer Certification (Spanish)
Yoga Certification
Aerobics Certification
Pilates Certification
Senior Fitness Certification
Medical Terminology Certification
Medical Coding Certification
Medical Billing Certification
Business Analyst Certification
Business Statistics Course
Statistics Course
SEO Certification
Online Digital Camera Photography Course & Certification
Online Business Writing Course & Certification
Baby Sitting Certification
Time Management Certification
Health Club Management Certification
Selling Skills Certification
Business Analysis Course
Master Trainer Certification
Total Quality Management Certification
Kaizen Certification
Creative Writing Certification
Computer Skills Certification
Online survey software


Small wonder why ppl are having a hard time collecting prize contests.

My best guess is pscbuzz is scrounging to find a buyer..........right now!




_________________
If your going to walk on thin ice, you may as well dance!
PotHed

Location: San Antonio, Tx

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:15 pm   Reply with quote         


kinetic_be wrote:
PotHed wrote:
I gave reasons for why the source images are the main problem, and you completely ignored them. The reasons you gave may very well be contributing to the problem, but you did not explain why they are a bigger problem than the source images.

And I believe I asked you a question about Worth1000.com that you haven't answered.

I didn't say you should shut your mouth if you don't agree with me. I said you should shut your mouth if you disagree AND DON'T PROVIDE A REASON


Ok, forget the part where I said I don't agree with you.
Let's just say that I shared my vision about what I think that could make this site better, not taking into account what your vision is. Would that make a difference so we can put this discussion behind us?
I mean, all I'm trying to do (just like you are) is finding ways to improve Photoshopcontest.com
By bitching at eachother, we're not really doing anything good and to be honest, been there, done that.. My life doesn't depend on it.

That's fine. I don't have any problem with you personally, but when I put some time and consideration into an OP just to have it ignored so you can say your ideas too... It gets under my skin because that's how threads get hijacked. I'm glad you have ideas too, but I started this conversation to talk about my idea. If you can convince me that my idea sucks, great. I'm open to that, and at that time we can talk about your ideas. That's how a respectful, productive conversation works.

The flagship product of this site is the main contest. I doubt people are no longer participating in the main contest just because there aren't enough H2H contests, or aren't enough tutorials. More likely is that people aren't participating in the main contest because there's something wrong with the main contest.

Having 25 votes wasn't a big problem when there were 50 images to choose from. It only became a problem after participation dropped off, so that idea, while it is a problem now, isn't the cause of the problem, but it is a multiplier.




kinetic_be

Location: Belgium

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         


Eve wrote:

My best guess is pscbuzz is scrounging to find a buyer..........right now!


I'm afraid you are right Sad




Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Brain Storm - How to increase participation - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com