Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - H2H 2013 - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

shane.e.randall

Post Sat May 25, 2013 8:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Its about time? Lets get it going dates?

Maybe I will make past the first round this year.... But I am really wanting to see my Chopoholics Dominate H2H!

Post Sat May 25, 2013 10:35 pm   Reply with quote         

I know you guys want this to happen but it takes a lot of organization and time to set the code and make sure the brackets are even and don't forget the images...why not start helping the mods and get some numbers of when and who wants to participate...just sayin is all...

shane.e.randall

Post Sun May 26, 2013 12:01 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
I know you guys want this to happen but it takes a lot of organization and time to set the code and make sure the brackets are even and don't forget the images...why not start helping the mods and get some numbers of when and who wants to participate...just sayin is all...

I know but Figured I would start the Fuss. My buddy TML was asking so I figured it was time to make some noise!

Post Sun May 26, 2013 12:01 am   Reply with quote         

The school year is winding down. I just might be able to do this! Very Happy

shane.e.randall

Post Sun May 26, 2013 12:21 am   Reply with quote         

H2H was earlier last year. I have my bro (TML) asking me about the event So that is why I am asking....Plus I want a re-match with CLAF

Post Sun May 26, 2013 8:13 am   Reply with quote         

Just relax...

Summer is almost here. Get your sunscreen
and swim suits ready to play out in the H2H
swimming pool. More people are free during
june and july to play what seems to be 7 or 8
rounds.

taker

Post Sun May 26, 2013 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

Ohh damn i still remeber the last one like it was yestrday ..... I forgot Congrats claf for you winning ...

cringer8

Post Sun May 26, 2013 11:37 am   Reply with quote         

How can we tell how many people are interested when something as simple as signing up hasn't been opened?

Last year, signups started April 11th.

I can understand people's concern, since PSC leadership doesn't seem to be doing anything anymore. No Spring reunion contest? No mention of H2H? It's a bit disconcerting to say the least; especially with Summer knocking at the door.

Apathy is contagious Wink

shane.e.randall

Post Sun May 26, 2013 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

cringer8 wrote:
How can we tell how many people are interested when something as simple as signing up hasn't been opened?

Last year, signups started April 11th.

I can understand people's concern, since PSC leadership doesn't seem to be doing anything anymore. No Spring reunion contest? No mention of H2H? It's a bit disconcerting to say the least; especially with Summer knocking at the door.

Apathy is contagious Wink

Pretty much what he said Wink

Post Sun May 26, 2013 8:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Little Known Fact:

Management never has had a great deal to do with PSC events, its has always been the great members and Mods that do all the hard yards. I guess it may be time for some of the new members to step it up an become movers and shakers instead of waiting for it to just all happen.

Its your site you make it work for you like we use to do way way back when. (yes I am that bloody old K)

Now get the hell of a my lawn.

anfa

Post Sun May 26, 2013 9:11 pm   Reply with quote         

dbbowling wrote:
Just relax...

Summer is almost here. Get your sunscreen
and swim suits ready to play out in the H2H
swimming pool. More people are free during
june and july to play what seems to be 7 or 8
rounds.

Summer?

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon May 27, 2013 2:47 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Little Known Fact:

Management never has had a great deal to do with PSC events, its has always been the great members and Mods that do all the hard yards. I guess it may be time for some of the new members to step it up an become movers and shakers instead of waiting for it to just all happen.

Its your site you make it work for you like we use to do way way back when. (yes I am that bloody old K)

True dat! Smile

Several members who were PSC coders and such are no longer around. The Annual Reunion Contest calls for blast emails to be sent to all members. There's nobody to do that ... (are you listening pscbuzz?)

The H2H demands a tremendous amount of hours putting together the brackets and making it happen via coding.

However, it's easy if you want an Annual Reunion Contest. Suggest some dates and DO IT.

Then, GET THE WORD OUT yourselves.

Post Mon May 27, 2013 11:17 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:
Little Known Fact:

True dat! Smile

Several members who were PSC coders and such are no longer around. The Annual Reunion Contest calls for blast emails to be sent to all members. There's nobody to do that ... (are you listening pscbuzz?)

The H2H demands a tremendous amount of hours putting together the brackets and making it happen via coding.

However, it's easy if you want an Annual Reunion Contest. Suggest some dates and DO IT.

Then, GET THE WORD OUT yourselves.

Regarding the Reunion Contest, I would gladly suggest a date myself, but several members have tried similar date setting for contests in the past year and it did not attract attention. This is probably because it isn't "official." When PSC runs one, the winner is immortalized on the "Events" page. We lowly members can't match that kind of prestige Wink

Also, I have tried, but there is no way for me to send a message to all members using the messaging system (i tried sending a message to *). I also don't have access to the master email list (which is understandable, lol).

Another thing I cannot do is post to the "News" section Wink

For H2H, I will gladly make the brackets. There is a piece of software out there for $150 that will do all of the seeding automatically (based on PScore, of course) and you can even tell the software what match-ups you would like to see in the later rounds and it sets up the brackets to make that happen Smile

The code for actually running the tournament already exists. Someone would need to plug the new seeding results into the old code and manage the source images. It sounds like that is really the only missing piece here; a web guy.

It seems ridiculous to me that a website exists without access to a web developer. They really are just letting this place coast on fumes Rolling Eyes

anfa

Post Mon May 27, 2013 11:46 am   Reply with quote         

Who mods the PSC group on Facebook? Invitations could be sent out via that too.

kittie

Post Mon May 27, 2013 3:07 pm   Reply with quote         

It's true, I've tried organizing several myself. I use the FB group, these forums, and DeviantArt. Even with all 3 it still fails. Most of it is like Ryan says with the inability to code or give any real reward, and part of it is because we're not considered "old timey" enough to be cool and I guess it "steps on toes" to take things over that are solid history with PSC. (Remember the cries about my socks? They'll NEVER BE LIKE CYNN SOCKS!) When people get trampled all over for trying to renew or take over tradition, get berated and told to sit down, shut up, and chop, it REALLY doesn't encourage active participation.

That being said, I'd still be happy to advertise or help in any way possible if Ryan/anyone else willing is given the means to code. I don't know anything about it.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - H2H 2013 - Reply to topic