Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - *** The Photoshoppers' corner *** - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

fempie

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:37 pm   Reply with quote         

In reaction to the thread and request of Kansas I would like to open this special thread for all things related to photoshopping without any offensive content!

Here you can ask questions or post tips&tricks or anything else related to the art of photoshopping!

I just LOVE photoshop and I am almost everyday working and playing around with it. The amazing thing is that I still find features that I did not discover untill now.

I am a lucky person to not only play with it, but also make a living from it. I would be happy to help out where I can! Since there are still a lot of things I would like to learn, I will hopefully also find answers here!

I hereby declare this thread open!

Very Happy Have a fun (learning) time!

Kansas

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:57 pm   Reply with quote         

fempie wrote:
In reaction to the thread and request of Kansas I would like to open this special thread for all things related to photoshopping without any offensive content!

Here you can ask questions or post tips&tricks or anything else related to the art of photoshopping!

I just LOVE photoshop and I am almost everyday working and playing around with it. The amazing thing is that I still find features that I did not discover untill now.

I am a lucky person to not only play with it, but also make a living from it. I would be happy to help out where I can! Since there are still a lot of things I would like to learn, I will hopefully also find answers here!

Thanks buddy...You have no idea how that was sooo needed right. I think my next venture...dare I say it..I must learn the pen tool. I really have no idea what it's used for.

I just learned about Masks last week from Claudio... That opened up my world. I can only image where the pen tool will take me! thanks again. It was kind of you..

sage

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:03 pm   Reply with quote         

try this link, Kansas:

http://photoshopcontest.com/tutorials/15/pen-tool-as-mask-selector.html

Rein does mean well.... Wink

Kansas

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Holy cow... No wonder I have resistence to the pen tool. That's a cool tut, but geezzz. I imagine if I'd give it some hours I would get it... I guess I'll jump right in and start learning.

Thanks for the headsup. that's exactly what I needed..

fempie

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:17 pm   Reply with quote         

The pen tool was just one big challenge for me to master it. But once you learn to work with it you will wonder how you could do without!

I learned to work with the pen tool by doing all kind of exercises with it.
Besides the link Sage posted you could maybe also take a look here:

http://www.elated.com/tutorials/graphics/photoshop/paths_pen_tool/

Don't try to read to much of the first part!! ... further down that page are a lot of small exercises. That is how I learned to tame the pen tool! Good luck! Smile

D3adkl0wn

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

i'm sure that most people know of these sites, but i figured i'd list them for those who dont... http://good-tutorials.com/ and http://www.pixel2life.com/
both are a rather good resource for learning the ways of chopping...

ScionShade

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:56 pm   Reply with quote         

fempie wrote:

everywhere you said photoshopping. I replaced it with other words , like "what's in my pants".
It was a much more interesting read.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Really good idea you have, Fempie. And those are some good tut's D3adKl0wn.

From Sploodge, I think, is this site: www.pamzylove.com

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:28 pm   Reply with quote         

Kansas

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:37 pm   Reply with quote         

That's awesome...It's kind of weird, but when I saw it I felt like a kid in the candy store and couldn't figure out which candy to try first... I guess I'll just start plowing through some... The Pen tool Tutorial that was posted is the first one I want to try even if I decide not to be a pentool user.

Contempt prior to investigation is not a good thing..

Thanks for the link reminder!

gravyboat

Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:21 am   Reply with quote         

Unbelievably GREAT idea for a forum. I hope this one lasts a long time Smile

The Closer you get to Canada the more things there are that wanna eat your horse.
Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:48 am   Reply with quote         

and THANK YOU, Scion, for being the Photoshop Tutorial Guru. Cool

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:33 am   Reply with quote         

just did a quick search to find the cream of the crop for anyone who is learning the shop that is Photo, I have not actually used any of these sites so don't come looking for me with large knives if they are poop Laughing Just did a quick scan of the content.

here are some highlights:

http://www.tutorialman.com/ (good links to many other sites)

http://www.good-tutorials.com/ (great spread of software and types of tutorials)

http://www.planetphotoshop.com/tutorials.html (good learning site)

http://www.grafx-design.com/phototut.html (simple yet good pdf format downloadable content)

http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Photoshop/1 (good spread of content here)

ok this should keep people busy for 10 - 15 minutes Wink

enjoy

Kansas

Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:27 pm   Reply with quote         

The only time I ever tried the pen tool handles kept showing up and it was very confusing. Claudio just showed me how to do it and I realized I didn't have the proper box checked.

The pen inside the the little box makes a huge difference..

I'm writing in case someone was steering clear of the pen tool because they were having the same problem as me...

Try try again!! The lesson was an amazing eye opener. He keep saying let me Splain...I finally surrendered and followed the steps. Walla! cool stuff.

Kansas

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:03 am   Reply with quote         

Heads-up...

I've been hanging out here for a month learning and growing. Someone out in PSC noticed that I was from Kansas. They looked at my stuff and e-mailed me and said they were also from Kansas. We talked... we're neighbors and last night I was invited to an openhouse for a website company. I landed some freelance work...and all because of PSC! Thanks

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - *** The Photoshoppers' corner *** - Reply to topic